River BG spike at +10, halp (AMPS 228)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Paigeworthy, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

(Here's my thread on the Lantus ISG)

Gah, River's BG shot up to 465 at +10 after popping to 325 at +6 — she was in yellows all day yesterday, the first day of her new dose (1.5u). She took a grand dip to 158 at +3, which I'm…guessing is why she's spiking?

Please pet me and tell me she's going to be ok?

[​IMG]

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

PET! PET! PET! DEEP BREATHES! SHE IS GOING TO BE JUST FINE! :bighug: This unfortunately is a normal phenomenon known as bouncing. She is not used to being in those cheery yellows and her body is panicking a bit thinking her BG went too low. Her defence system has to get reprogrammed to understand that those lower numbers are a good thing and not cause for panic. It take a bit of time for that to happen. Some kitties bounce more than others and all you can do is ride it out. It can take a few cycles for the bounce to calm down so don't get in a fret. She will come down again. :bighug:

Paigeworthy likes this.
  3. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Grumble. Argle bargle. Will this change my dosage plans for TR?

4. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

Not usually. Every cat is different and some give you little tells that the bounce is about to break in which case you might hold off on a dose increase but you are just starting out with Lantus and TR and learning how River reacts so for now I'd just follow the plan.

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

I should clarify....I'm betting it's that pretty blue 158 that caused her to jump on the trampoline along with those cheery yellows. She's doing just fine.

7. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Whew! We’ve got ourselves a roller coaster ride here, friends. She’s at 264 for +3, wheeeeee!
    Checking her again tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.