? Roswell Prozinc Dosing Help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ashlynn6, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlynn6

Ashlynn6 New Member

Roswell was diagnosed 12/30/20, he's on Prozinc 2 units, but lately we've had two pre-shot numbers under 200. I'm so new to all of this and my vet is of no help, he's already told us that Roswell is too high and we need to move to 3 units and come back in a week. I know from all my reading here on the board, that doesn't seem like a good idea. My gut is telling me to back down to between 1.25-1.75. My husband is nervous about 1/4 doses because there's no exact marking on the syringe. We've also been pretty much free feeding wet food from 6:45am-4:30pm. Yesterday I tried something new and only feed 3 meals, that's when this morning we got a 185 on AlphaTrak. Should I be more regimented about his meals? Also should we be feeding him overnight? Currently he's not getting any food from about 8pm to 6:30am. But he's a pretty quiet cat at night, he usually sleeps.

Here's where I've been tracking his numbers. this morning 185, last night preshot 327, morning preshot 330

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lVLUmrcIoHpE-Fi4qoTiITOgCY7rO70RrFNZoJCBmko/edit?usp=sharing

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'll tag a few members for you, how is the over grooming ?

@Panic Elizabeth

@JanetNJ

Thank you ladies

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

• when you get a chance ,It would be helpful if you can set up your signature so we don't have to ask you the same questions over again. Members will look at this first . Members would have to look up your previous posts to see what insulin you are using
    • It appears after each post in gray, look at mine,

• On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature. This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
      • There is a limit of two lines which may include two links; you may separate pieces with commas, dashes, | etc. This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
      • Add any other text, such as
      • Caregiver & kitty's name (optional)
      • DX: Date
      • Name of Insulin
      • Name of your meter
      • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
      • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
      • DKA or other recent health issue (if applicable)
      • Acro, IAA, or Cushings (if applicable)
      • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
      • Please do not put any information about your location in the signature for security reasons. If you wish to add your country location, please add it to your profile.
    Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom. If you need help urgently it is important we know these things at a glance. We don’t want to waste valuable time finding out information.

tap on your avatar where it says your name ,then hit profile page ,tap on that ,then go up to the very top, upper right hand side and tap on your name ,it will bring down a drop box, tap on signature, the signature will be under settings, tap on the signature then and you can start to add what I posted above, make sure you hit save ,
    Welcome to the best place you could ever be and an awesome group of people
    You can also add where you live in your profile, not your signature

This is at the bottom of every ones post in gray

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Hi Ashlynn,

Yes you will want to be feeding during the night cycle as well. Most of us use a Petsafe 5 Feeder to accomplish this. Free feeding is fine as long as food is picked up 2 hours prior to pre-shot. If you want you can also keep most meals before nadir (when Roswell is at his lowest BG) as food can "burn up" insulin sooner than 12 hrs.

I would drop back down to 1.75u, he dropped below 90 which warranted a reduction. Make sure you have half-unit markings and eyeball between the ticks on the syringe to get quarter units. :)

Pookie (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.