Routine

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Simone & Stanley, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Simone & Stanley

Simone & Stanley New Member

Hello, my cat Stan has been diagnosed a month ago. The vet has advised that we use Prozinc and so far we have seen a slight improvement. We have also worked with the vet to amend his dose, starting at 2.5 units twice a day moving to 3 units twice a day and now down to 1.5 units twice a day. We are also home testing.
    I want to get the Prozinc to work as best it can so want to get Stan in to a strict routine. Is anyone happy to share their routine with me? Many thanks Simone

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

Hello Simone and Stan! If you read the sticky post at the top of this section, there's tons of info about Prozinc and dosing protocols. You can also get hand-tailored advice by following the instructions in New? How you can help us help you!

For my Billy, he got his dose exactly 12 hours apart. I tried to get at least a couple mid-cycle tests in during the day, and at least one at night. I fed him low carb wet food, under 10% carbs, and no carb treats like freeze dried chicken.

For testing time, we warmed the ear, did the test, and then had a treat. Always in the same place. Billy got to the point when he would come running to his testing spot when he saw me grab the testing kit, because he knew it was treat time.

I'm not sure what else would fall into the category of routine. If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and extra sweet kitty Stan. Does he still have symptoms of the diabetes?
    Do you regularly test for ketones?

Diet makes a big impact on the blood glucose (BG) levels. Consistency in type of food is important, and we recommended a low carb canned diet. Where are you located Simone? In case you are interested in food chart links.

We have lots of information to share. Including individualized help. But you have to do a bit of homework first. The spreadsheet (SS) and then setting up some basic information in your signature. Signature setup takes about 60 seconds. SS takes a few minutes more. Those 2 things help us to help you better.

Without a spreadsheet, it's impossible for us to know what the dose has been doing for your cat Stan.
    We have a template you can use. Directions have detailed setup steps for pc, tablet, smartphone.
    FDMB Spreadsheet Instructions

What it all means and what data goes where on the SS is here:
    Understanding the Spreadsheet/Grid

Editing your Signature, Profile, and Preferences

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

How is it going Simone with you and Stan?
    Haven't seen any SS updates from you. 3/13/2020 is the last one.

Are you ok?