Samantha AMBG 77

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by LindaMS, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

Good morning, I trust everyone had a Meowy Christmas. Samantha is now over 9 months since needing regular insulin shots. She is doing great, as evidenced by the lovely number she gave me this morning. I tested her yesterday with a house full of people and she was 97. And last night's incredible fur ball upchuck probably was not helping matters. (my bedroom carpet looks like a scene in a CSI episode).

It is an amazing thing to enjoy the company of an animal that others had pretty much thought was a goner over a year ago. She is now happy, healthy and fit. I spend less money on cat food and kitty litter than I did before, due to her being on Fancy Feast instead of expensive cat food, and less litter due to less peeing. Sure, the insulin and strips were costly for the 142 days she needed them, but what a pay off! Now I test her every other week or so, unless she shows me signs that she is not well. She had a bout of infection in August which drove her BG up to the 200 range, but she came right back down after treatment. I did give her a few insulin shots then to keep her in a better range, but that only we needed for a few days. Good to have the know how and tools to assist her in that way.

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

So good to hear that Sammy is still doing well. Keep it up (or should that be keep those BG's down?) Samantha! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.