? Sammie 1/7 PMPS 450 +2 364 +2.5 500

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah & Sammie, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Sarah & Sammie

Sarah & Sammie Member

2. Sarah & Sammie

Sarah & Sammie Member

25 minutes later it now reads 500 then tried again and 426. Are my strips bad?

....checked with alphatrak and got 706.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You are good to head to bed. She might come down a bit more but she’s pretty high.

4. Sarah & Sammie

Sarah & Sammie Member

She went higher again. I’m adjusting to this meter and I haven’t figured out the numbers yet. Why is she so high now? Because she ate and the insulin hasn’t taken effect yet?

5. Marje and Gracie

Each meter can have a 20% variance so 426 is within 20% of 500. It’s essentially the same number.

It’s hard to say why she went up. Lantus usually onsets by +3 at the latest. There are a lot of reasons why the BG goes up; its possible she went lower today, the BG came down a little bit when the Lantus onset at +2, but then she’s starting a bounce. That is just a thought.

The absorption rate from shot to shot at the same dose can vary up to 50%. Even things such as changes in barometric pressure can affect the BG. Sometimes, we just have to move on from those high numbers Withings knowing for sure why.

6. Sarah & Sammie

Sarah & Sammie Member

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I’m off to bed. Hoping for better numbers tomorrow.

7. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome. Any time.

BTW, could you please update your signature block to show you are now using a human meter? Thank you.

Ni ni!