Saying Hi, from the ALLEY!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Good Morning Friends!

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone! Things are going pretty good in the Alley! Sir Chewy is surfing along in the 50s most of the time and getting fatter-- it has been about 5 months since he last received insulin. I am just waiting for his pancreas to decide it doesn't like working alone any longer. I still have a vial of Prozinc, so I am ready if Mr. P goes MIA.

Sally, Dog, is doing WONDERFUL!!! I would say she is doing as good as a Pooch can do on insulin. She gets 12 units of Humlin N BID and is consistently in the low to mid 200s at preshots and drops into the low 100s-- for a DOG, this is ideal! Cataracts are a major side effect of dog's with diabetes, and the doggie opthamologist said there is no sign of early development. :D

I am still missing my girl, Kitty. It has been almost 2 months, and my heart still breaks at the loss.

I read PZI often and just want to commend all of you for the dedication and love you are providing your kitties. Your kitties are very lucky! This dance is HARD and very Difficult at times, but the labor of love is also very rewarding. It is easy to get discouraged, but always know that you are doing the best you can!

Good Numbers to ALL!

Kim

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you, Kim, always. It's wonderful to know that Chewy and Sally are doing so well. And yes, I imagine you think of Kitty often. I hope that sometimes it's with a smile in your heart.

Don't be a stranger!

3. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

Hi Kim so good to see you here on the board.
    Wow!! So hard to believe Chewy is 5 months OTJ. Stay positive Mr.P likes Chewy! I think he will be around for a very long time!

Its good to hear he is gaining weight. I remember the very first picture you posted of him. He was so skinny. Let's see a new picture of fat-so Chewy!

4. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I read so much about Cats' fears of traveling. Kitty always rode Great.....Well Now Sir Chewy has decided Riding is COOL!

Here is a Picture of Chewy riding in the car to the beach!

Attached Files:

5. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

All great news Kim. So happy for your critters. Good on ya all! :D

6. You know, I got up this morning at least in part on the wrong side of the bed. The first post I read was this one, and seeing you post, and seeing that beautiful pic of Sir Chewy made the clouds turn to sunshine, Kim.
    We have missed you.
    Hugs,
    Carl

7. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Good to see you back Kim! Chewy is one lucky fellow to have landed in Kittyville! Or Sallyville? Or Sugarville? Or Emilyville? Or Murphyville? Or Pete & Sammy-ville... you get the idea!

Suffice it to say, a lot of us here and all over the board, have great reason to thank you for all your knowledge, experience & support over the past several months and years. If it weren't for you, Grayson would be in a much different place today. You know, and I've said this before, I think we all have a responsibility to share our stories with others... as you did with me (was it the "vote for Asher" as coverboy e-mail?). To make the connection, following Grayson's dx, with someone who wasn't having a panic attack, was a tremendous help! He's a very lucky boy to have Aunt Kim in his life!!! But I'm saying, that had you not put that out there, I wouldn't have even thought about diabetes. And I probably wouldn't have survived these past 6 months! That's why EVERYONE on my e-mail list has pretty much been told what's going on with him... and also how I found out about the diabetes in the first place. I'd hate for someone else to miss the symptoms for any length of time, when they could be treating them!

I hope you'll continue to stick around, and tell everyone you know about your amazing Kitty, and Chewy, (and DCIN), and Molly, knowing that you may help others without even realizing it! That applies to everyone else too!!!

Lu-Ann

8. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

Lookin' good, Chewy!
    :mrgreen:

9. nancy and payne

nancy and payne Well-Known Member

What a good looking, lucky boy Mr. Chewy is! Miss Kitty would be so proud! Thanks for the update!

10. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

Good to see you, Kim, and great update on the dynamic duo!

Woohoo! Go, Chewy, go!

11. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Hi Kim,
    Great to see you!!
    Glad you and the "kids" are doing so well
    Chewy looks so awesome and I love the he loves to ride with you now!
    be good to yourself! and dont be a stranger :mrgreen:

12. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

There is my picture of Sir Chewy! He is looking wonderful!!! Handsome as always.

Thank you for the picture!

13. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Kim,

Thanks for the update. So glad that Sir Chewy is still doing so well. He looks just beautiful and handsome on his pillow. My kitties also love riding on long trips. Funny, when we got home from our 12hr drive from the beach, the next day i was cleaning out the car and both cats jumped into the car like to say, 'lets go again momma".

So glad to hear Sally is doing so good too!

Keep us updated!

lori

14. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

So good to hear from you with a great update. It's been 5 months already :shock: time sure does fly.

Great picture of Sir Chewy riding to the beach.

Keep in touch, it's not quite the same around here without you.

15. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

So glad to see you checking in with your little PZI family.
    You'll always be part of this family you know. Nice you have a "vile" on hand but I think sir Chewy is in complete remission.
    He is so handsome and looks great with some meat on his bones and his coat looks soft and shiny.
    Kitty must be looking down and telling Chewy mom needs a traveling buddy for the beach.
    Sally's numbers are great!

16. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

so glad to hear about Chewy - and what a good boy in the car - just like Robbie except minus all the drool and screaming and panting LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.