Second Fur Shot This Week !!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Scdal, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Scdal

Scdal Member

I am so upset with myself. This Wednesday, I gave Phoenix a fur shot and his BG went up to 516. This morning it was 115 at his AMPS. Now, I gave him another fur shot. I can't believe it ! I felt the insulin go all over my fingers and on his fur.

I seem to do this in cycles. I can go months without a fur shot. Then, I get several fur shots in a row. What is wrong with me? You don't know how tempted I am to go ahead and give him a few units of insulin. Phoenix gets 9.25 units and tonight he got nothing. I am so upset !!

2. Laura and Gremlin

Laura and Gremlin Well-Known Member

It's very risky giving insulin after a fur shot as you don't know how much they may have actually got and it could cause a hypo. I know how frustrating it is though, having done it myself. I take so much care to tent the skin, part the hair and ensure all the insulin goes in these days.

I hope he doesn't rise too high and surfs on to the next shot.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Don't give a second shot, we never know how much went in. I found fur shots went in pairs, hopefully that's it for a while for you now.