September 25 Michelangelo AMPS 138

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Levemir
    ~1.5u BID

Previous Condo on Litter box talk!

I realized I hadn't posted a Mikey condo since the beginning of August! :eek: ohmygod_smile Obviously, I'm really liking Mel's idea to reduce the "daily" condos into more like weekly or monthly condos where you keep adding on to a post instead of creating a new one. Your input here is appreciated. :D

Michelangelo and the litter box follow-up: since switching to the Breeze system, we've only had a couple of times this past month and a half where he's peed inappropriately again. When that happened, it was definitely my fault because when I checked the litter box, the pee pad on the bottom was so drenched that the tray itself was full of urine. So, with a diabetic, that "weekly change out of pad" is more like a bi-weekly change out. :lol: I fixed that issue by buying a second Breeze system.

Mikey's numbers have also continued to be incredible. Still under 300 since May 31! I never thought it would be possible for him to ever get regulated just because of how badly he bounced around on Lantus. Now, with Levemir, he seems to float around 1.25 to 1.75u, depending on food consumption, the season, and possibly even the moon. :lol:

Henry and Neighbor-Henry have been getting along grandly. Henry has a sleepover about once or twice a week with N-Henry and his family. And he is so spoiled! N-Henry buys him toys and takes him around the neighborhood in this little wagon and feeds him dry food! Unlike his mean mamma who only gives him wet food and is gone at work all day. :lol: I have joint custody of my cat! N-Henry also made Henry this fabulous video compilation for his Second Birthday (September 8th) that shows him frolicking around their house and the neighborhood and just being the insanely loveable and adorable Henry-Cat that he is. One of these days, I'll convert it and upload it to youtube so I can share it with all of you. It is truly precious and one of the sweetest things ever.

2. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Re: September Michelangelo AMPS 234

Oh, and something that I find fairly interesting: Henry's numbers used to run in the 40s when I'd test him. Since he's been getting dry food pretty much daily from the neighbor, he now runs consistently in the 60s. Maybe it's related...maybe it's just that he doesn't have that kitten metabolism any more now that he's getting older.
    confused_cat

(And yes, I'm trying to stress to N-Henry that Henry should not be getting dry food at all, but it's a work in progress.)

3. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

Re: September Michelangelo AMPS 234

hey kay
    nice to see what's going on with mikey. thanks . that's so great that levimir is so much better for him.
    dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

4. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Thanks, Nadine! Levemir has really changed our lives for the better. :thumbup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.