shot 1u into 307..+2.5 82

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have to go to work in about 20 minutes...i just fed. he usually peeks at about +4-+5 but he does alot of unusual things too. i am starting to think the 1u is too much. oh tomtom i am sooo sorry. what should mommy do now? he could potentially drop another 30 or 40 bg

2. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

did you feed him a protein meal? can you leave some protein food out? if so, I think he'll be fine, I really do.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

awww, you are having a tough time with it lately!!! (((((hugs)))))

you have a little room left on the downside so I bet he'll do just fine with food... let us know how today goes! wish I knew how to help you guys, but I feel in the dark on it (and I know what you mean about the vets, dental, etc..... I am budgeting every test strip right now, it s*cks!!!)

hope things improve soon...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, i just got home and he looked fine but out came the ole glucometer and....+8 94 so i'm guessing the dose was ok and he did'nt go so low that he rebounded.
    let's see what his pmps brings.
    i would 'leave' food out for tom but he's a hoover and always eats ALL of what's in front of him.

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

That's a really nice +8! :)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and a mere 4 hours later at pmps poof 190. shot a skinny u. this is what gator wanted right. higher shots at pmps. well tom apparently agrees and gave me the numbers to allow for it! ;-) we are offically at day 5 of shooting whole U and strangely having higher #'s for the effort.
    ohmygod_smile I just don't get it but riding it out.
    weds. morning amps 287....1/3u or 1whole u same difference! he must have an attachment to the #

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Lori, the thing I 'want' is for you and tomtom to feel the best you can. :smile:

From a dosing strategy aspect, my suggestions are based on the idea of first trying to achieve nice 12 hour curves that have some sort of U shape [even if they are very wide long open type U's - or maybe not like that] with PSes that are even from one to another. Of course we do not know if that is even possible with tomtom yet so who knows how smart this idea is.

Also on the increased need for insulin in tomtom - this happened with H recently. We had to increase by 50%-100%. So if it turns out this is what is going on, I understand the frustration. It took us a while to get used to the increased dosing and honestly I feel it is still a work in progress.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, i guess from the stand point of a somewhat gentle and consistant curve...we are, well, not there. can a curve be gentle if you dip from 307 to 82 in 2.5, stay in that vicinity, then gently rise to 190 at pmps.
    his curve looks more like a square. fast dip, flat, come on back up.
    i don't know what his nights looks like but they sure create a bang of a morning high.
    happy with today.
    amps 287 1U
    +5 75
    don't know how much of that occurred in the first hour or two but right now he is knocked out cold which is why i tested him. he barely woke up for the pokie....that was a little scary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.