Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sootyca, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sootyca

Sootyca Member

After a really good day yesterday we seem to have spiralled backwards!

Thought her sugar was a little high this morning but tonight she is ridiculously high. I'm hoping it's because (as I found out after testing) she had been given food an hour earlier and her heart was racing so she could have been stressed.

Just when I thought I was getting a grip on this she throws a curved ball my way - really wanted to see a number on Wellness food that I could work out whether her sugars were good or bad on it!

I think she may have to be on Applaws permanently as she does seem to get good results with that.

As she is in the black tonight is there anything I should be keeping an eye on?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If there's any way you can routinely get at least one mid-ish cycle test you'd have a clearer picture of how Sky's BG behaves. You have two curve days in November but that doesn't give enough info on her general responses. The recent black could be a bounce and/or reaction to the Wellness food but it's hard to know.

You've mentioned having difficulty getting blood. Have you tried training Sky with treats to accept the procedure? As for your own technique, that will definitely improve with practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.