Should I increased dosage?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Brandie, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Brandie

Brandie New Member

Hello, I’m sorta new…Amelia was diagnosed last year and was on Lantus for 6 days before she had a very serious hypo event that required Emergency vet. She was taken off of insulin and was able to be controlled with just a diet change. She started showing signs again recently so we took her to the vet and it was confirmed she was out of remission. We started her on ProZinc 3 weeks ago and it’s been a little rough going at first but seems to be getting more consistent the last few days. I’m suppose to either call the vet and let her know we want to increase her dose based on her numbers or make a follow up appointment to see how she is doing on the current dosage. I think maybe she would benefit from a 0.25 increase because her nadirs are more times than not above 150 but I’m not real confident in making that decision on my own. I was hoping someone could take a look at her spreadsheet and confirm an increase or not to increase. Sorry, this morning was a fur shot. ‍♀️ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-eSgVA8ZChD18ouFSML6osAbdeapga4w7BtyH6hWD0/edit

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

What food does she currently eat? And what is your feeding schedule?

You will want to hold doses a little longer than you've been. With the nadirs she's having, at least 5 days, as it gives her time to settle into a dose.

She's having very big drops at such a low dose, and then bouncing. Depending on food and feeding schedule we can help some of that, but it will be a patience game to see if she settles down.

3. Brandie

Brandie New Member

She eat fancy feast naturals pate (chicken and beef) only. She gets 3/4 of a can for breakfast (6am) 1/2 a can for lunch (noon) and 3/4 can for dinner (6pm).

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member