Should I skip dose?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by fallinpoetry, Jan 16, 2023.

1. fallinpoetry

fallinpoetry New Member

Olive has been all over the place this week but the past several days has been trending into normal readings. Last night her pre-shot reading was 161 so I made the decision to only give her 1u. Overnight she nadir'd at 61. This morning her pre-shot reading is 156. Should I skip this mornings dose or drop it to .75 or .5?

Is this her going into remission?

In case her spreadsheet doesn't post in my signature (this is my first post) I included it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wqJvr2yTE_zt7k38orNaiQKkqxwSoYM5pfHV7/pubhtml

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Can you stall for 20 minutes to see if kitty is coming up?

3. fallinpoetry

fallinpoetry New Member

I stalled twice and she inched up by a couple (160). I am going to do .75 since she still dropped pretty low last night. I am home today so I can track how she does.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Thank you so much for posting the spreadsheet. That is very helpful! I am very glad that you went with the reduced dose this morning. I hope it was enough of a reduction, but I see that you are doing a great job of testing so please keep it up and make sure she will be safe. Do you have high carb food and karo syrup (a hypo kit?).

5. Suzanne & Darcy

I am glad you will be home. I’m pretty shocked by that 3 unit dose that she was on and you having to take her to the emergency vet. That is horrible.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

I would recommend getting a +2 test and feeding a teaspoon of low carb food at that time (unless she’s really dropped a lot then feed a teaspoon of medium or high carb- depending on the numbers.). Then you may need to keep testing every hour (or more depending on numbers.)

What is her diet?