? SpecfPl confirmation for Zeke's Pancreatitis. Need dosing advice.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BonnieZeke, Mar 18, 2021.

1. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Please see SS for all comments on Zeke's Pancreas treatment so far. I'm unsure about what to do with his dosage. I thought I would hold until the inflammation was better, but it seems like it's not getting better and I should go ahead and increase? We start Zofran tomorrow. (It had to be gotten from a mail-order Compounding pharmacy, due to Zeke doing better with liquid administration of meds). My vet has been great to work with and is very impressed with my treatment and management of his Diabetes. (Not threatened, thank goodness.) We'll be on Metacam and Zofran for a bit. Should I increase now? Thanks

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You can get ondansetron as an injectible too, sometimes that is easier to give a nauseous cat.

Since Zeke is a long term diabetic, you decrease when he goes under 40. Or if he doesn't hold reductions well, you wait for three times between 40 and 49 on separate days. Since you got a 47 a couple nights ago, that doesn't leave room to increase. I'd hold the dose (1.5 units).
    Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials

3. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I
    I don’t think you saw his latest numbers that 47 was a month ago. I’m asking about an INCREASE. He’s staying HIGH. Mid cycles in the 300s.
    Yes, I have injectable on hand for emergencies, we’re trying Zofran starting tomorrow. Please let me know about an increase. Thanks. No way is he due for a decrease.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I hope Zeke will feel much better soon when the pancreatitis will settle down. Good luck with the new meds!

BonnieZeke likes this.
  5. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Thank you . Can someone Please answer my question about an increase ? It’s time to shoot Thanks

6. Suzanne & Darcy

I thought Wendy said hold the dose? See above.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Is your ss not updated. I too see the 47 but is was from February?

8. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

S
    Shes way behind, he’s at 2u now, the 47 was not ‘a couple of nights ago’ that was a month ago. I’m afraid she didn’t see my current SS. His mid cycle #s are in the 300s . I wish someone could give me advice on his Current numbers. They are way HIGH and not budging.

9. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Is
    t Is updated on this end.

10. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Bonnie, This is what I see when I go to your SS. We can only see up to 2/23.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.35.13 PM.png

11. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Ive tried to share again. Can someone let me know if you can see the rest of the SS now?

12. Katherine&Ruby

It is still the same.

13. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

An
    Any ideas what I need to do? I don't know what happened, Ive never had this problem.

14. Wendy&Neko

No current spreadsheet - no dosing help.

15. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I just
    tried again to share. Something happened, would you please look to see if you see it. Thanks.

16. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

If this doesn't work can someone with tech exp. help me get this sharing again? Thanks

17. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

It's sharing, we just are no longer seeing data for end of feb and march. Perhaps you deleted it by accident? If so, you can try restoring -

Open you google sheet and go to File > Version History. On right side of the screen, you'll see all of the versions that google has saved. Pick the last good one by clicking on the three dots on the right and click "Restore This Version".

Here's the official answer from google too (click on the Restore an Earlier Version subheader).

18. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Still trying

19. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Ok thanks

20. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Posting to see if I can see what youre seeing after I did above.

21. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

22. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I still see the same as the screenshot above. Perhaps updating the share link is not a bad idea to try - just go to "Share" in the upper right hand corner of your link the click on "Copy Link" on the pop-up that comes up and just paste it here as a response (if it works then you can update your signature?)

23. Katherine&Ruby

Sorry, it's not working. I'm going to tag Bhooma here @Bandit's Mom who can help, but she's in India so she won't be back on until later tonight, which I know doesn't help your immediate need for dosing advice.

BonnieZeke and Wendy&Neko like this.
  24. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Thanks. Ive sent a post to tech support. I went ahead and dosed same. I can see it in drive, and try to share with FDMB but it does nothing. Appreciate your trying.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  25. Suzanne & Darcy

So frustrating. I'm sorry. I hope you can get the technical help you need.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  26. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Zeke's SS is now viewable, thanks to help from Wendy&Neko, I was able to get it done. However, Zeke threw me a Blue this AM, so maybe no dose change now. He's only on Metacam, no anti-nausea needed the last 2 days. I will have my Zofran liquid available today, but may not give. He's eating well and happy right now.

27. Wendy&Neko

The doses are missing in the units columns for the last couple days, I'm guessing you were still at 2 units?

Are you following SLGS now? I'm guessing that because you are missing the night time tests and a blue wouldn't stop you from increasing if on TR. With TR, you need to get that second test in the night cycle, and also only hold doses a max of 10 cycles if nadirs are above 100.

28. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

As I have posted, I work nights and can only get those when I am off. I have not increased lately due to his Pancreatits flares. I really did not know what I should do, knowing that he was ill . I am trying to follow TR as best I can. That’s why I’m asking now, go ahead and increase then? I am offf this weekend and will be able to check him.

29. Wendy&Neko

Been a while, we can't remember the details of every cat and caregiver here. I didn't remember you were gone 12 hours at night.

I think you can increase to 2.25 units. Hopefully you have a night off soon.

30. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Yes, off this weekend. Will increase .Thanks