? Spot broke it!! 86@+6 finally!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), Mar 9, 2024.

1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice! :D

First green, you can the dose a bit. Having said that, there is still room to increase and she's already held this dose too long for TR.

What happens next is ECID. It could be the resistance comes back. As it is, one green is not enough to break through glucose toxicity which is probably present. The suggestion is to follow what the numbers tell you to do per the protocol.

3. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Oh was hoping it was. We are still trying to get her a proper vet to get testing done. She needs a vet appt to get another script.
    She got 5 pack pens at end of February & last 5 pack only lasted just under 2 months.
    To me it seems like he takes longer to get used to dose before dropping lower. Thats the pattern i see.
    He is also getting a little cranky/aggressive with wanting food & sometimes when insulin time.
    Not sure if that is because he feels better or what?

also, on 3/2 she weighed him at 13 lbs morning& tonight was 12.2lbs. She weighs herself then picks him up.
    Is that good or does he need a little more food?
    He gets full can at amps, half can midcycle & repeat for 2nd cycle. So 9oz a day. is that ok or should we add some baked chicken or maybe a sheba portion to AM or PM cycle?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  4. Wendy&Neko

When talking food amounts, what is important is total calories given, not ounces.

5. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Well the FF are about 85-95 calories per can

6. Wendy&Neko

Does she have an idea from the vet what his ideal weight would be? Use the scale (once or twice a week) to determine if he's going in the right direction weight wise. Better to get a pet or baby scale. Sometimes you can find them used.

7. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Vets have not mentioned his weight. He is average. black & white cat. No special breed.

upload_2024-3-10_0-46-3.jpeg

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

He looks like he could lose a bit but if you can get a picture of him standing...from the side and from the top and compare to this Body Condition Score
    upload_2024-3-10_0-31-23.png

9. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

She showed me a video of him walking but i dont know how to share here. I think he is about a 6.
    Has a tiny side bugle but not much