squishy 6/25

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

amps 92! what. haha. this is def a no shoot number for me this morning. i have to work an 11 hour day today and will only be able to get home once, so i am really praying and hoping that his number stays below 200 with a no shoot this morning.

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Wow, nice #! I wouldn't shoot in your shoes. If you had the option, you could wait and test later and shoot late, but then you're off schedule. That presents it's own issues as well. Without the u100s, it's tough to shoot a 0.1-0.2 dose, which is what you would be using as a token dose at this point I would think...

It's a dilemma, but a GOOD dilemma! :mrgreen:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you might want to start packing... i think squishy is looking at a trip to the falls!
    my first time around tom was on the juice for a mere 30 days before remission. squishy looks like that kind of kitty! :D

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Look at that +6!!!! You must be thrilled! Yippee for Squishy! :RAHCAT

5. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Paws and fingers crossed that a trip to the falls will be coming soon! dancing_cat

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

wowza, looks like good news!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I agree on just skipping the shot under those circumstances, good call!

It is SOOOOO fun to see so many kitties around who are doing so well! Yippee!!! party_cat

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you do find a shootable # keep in mind he's capable of a self come down so use those microscopic doses. at this point it would be oh so much better to be safe than sorry. a hypo or near hypo could set him back with big bouncy #'s.
    so happy for you and squishy :mrgreen:

8. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

i got your post to late lori. his number was 197 and i gave him .5 u. i hope this wasnt to much i didnt even think about what you just posted.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well just keep your high carb food on hand.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i do think your fine but your in the falls zone now so one always wants to err on the side on low dose.

11. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

ok. man i really hope i didnt mess it all up. i was getting really excited about his numbers today. i feel so terrible.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no no no, your ok. i looked over the SS. you could have tested a lower dose but this was not an unreasonable dose. give him 2 checks to see where he's going, like +2 and +4..that should tell you how fast he's moving.
    don't be sad, you have the high carb food to steer the #'s if you need to right?

13. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

yeah i have the high carb food. i just dont want to ruin his chances of getting off the juice. i hope i didnt. he has been doing so good

14. Joanna & Bix (GA)

No worries, he should be fine, I'd just spot test to be sure. I agree to go light on the doses, but I don't think you will mess anything up, in fact hopefully it will just keep him in good #s and promote a little more pancreas healing. I've seen 2 different recommendations in this kind of situation - 1 is to stick with the last good dose (which you did) and the other is to shoot light. So I think either is fine really. Especially with no shot this morning, the dose has less effect maybe than it would have had back to back with another shot. So really, don't worry!!!!!!!!! :D That's an awesome # btw after a skipped shot, yippee!!!

15. Joanna & Bix (GA)

If the #s are dropping too much, I'd just feed with LC, and if still too low, just like 2 or 3 bites of HC. But even if you do end up getting off track with rebound or HC, hopefully you can get right back on track soon! But hopefully not an issue anyhow, but nothing to stress yourself over. It's all a guessing game, and hopefully this dose will be perfect for him!

16. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

You're doing great! Don't worry, just keep an eye on his #s tonight and maybe give him a LC snack before bed as insurance. It would actually help him to give snacks along the way to stimulate the pancreas now. :mrgreen:

17. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

ok thanks guys! you are all so helpful! i am so glad i found everyone to help me through these hard times. i hope i can someday give as good advice as you!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey judging by the #'s you made the right call! he's going slow and steady, surfing the blues as they say in Lantus. can't wait to see what he throws you tomorow dancing_cat
    Lori
    and tomtom too! cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.