squishy 6/26

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

Good morning everyone. So not as good a pre shoot number as yesterday morning, but its still ok. I think squishy has been feeling a lot better. He has seemed like his normal mischievous self, which makes me really happy. does any one know how to put pictures on here. i would love for everyone to see my squishy, but i am not sure how to get them on here.

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Good morning! Those blue #s are looking good, that's right where you want him, in the healing zone. The numbers overnight were fine, glad he didn't go too low! :smile:

Isn't it great to see him feeling better? I'd love to see some pics of him!

For adding pictures, I think you use the "upload attachment" tab underneath the box you type in when you post.

3. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

pictures

Attached Files:

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Ha ha ha, love the pictures! In the last one, he seems to be saying, "What are YOU looking at?" I love to see pictures, cats have such personality!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

awwww, the one of him hugging you on the couch, that's my fav.!
    i have'nt even looked at the ss this morning but did you read my late night post to you last night?
    lori

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

btw, are you using pro zinc or pzi idexx?

7. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

we are using pzi u40 insulin. we actually had a hypo scare today thank got my hubby was home and got it.

+4 48
    +15 mins 53
    +4.5 70
    +5 92
    +6 116

i couldnt get this all on the ss. it kept on saying error. so i just put it here. i am about to check him now. i hope it isnt too high. the hubby just feed him low card ff about 1 and a half cans, and he came up with that.

8. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

i am a little nervous and unsure of what to do tonight if i get a shootable number.. any suggestions?

9. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

It looks like your hubby handled it just fine! I bet you know what I'm going to say....dose decrease time! You knew that though, I'm sure. :smile: I would try 0.2 or 0.3.

On the SS, it will give you an error if you start out the entry with a + sign....it drove me crazy until I figured that out!

10. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

ok that is what i thought but i wasnt sure. i will decrease it, but i am still using the u40 needles so i will just have to eye ball it. i am guessing it will only look like a couple of drops in the needle. and thank you for that. that was driving me crazy too!! i am getting some u100 needles from a local woman, marvie tomorrow, so that will help with the micro dosing.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Agree on the dose. I'd keep a strict no-shoot around 150, and if over that shoot no more than around 0.3. I'd probably shoot 0.3 on a PS close to what you got today, and 0.1 or 0.2 on a 150. Another thing I would suggest if you haven't tried this one before is to feed a little if you get a PS like 140 or 150 and see if his pancreas will bring the #s down on it's own. I wouldn't try that up closer to 200, there he probably does need the insulin, but on a lower PS you might experiment some and see if food stimulates his pancreas enough to do the job. Not required or anything, just another option, especially if the PS makes you nervous. If his panc doesn't bring the #s down in a couple hours, then you can feel more confident going ahead and shooting. Of course, you need to be able to be home for a few hours so you can retest, etc, so it's not always a realistic option...

12. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

I knew you already had it figured out, you're doing great with this! I know you have to eyeball it for now, but you'll do fine. I'm so glad you are meeting Marvie tomorrow, you'll see how much easier those microdoses will be! :D

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i like joanna idea, and it might work...it did with tom.
    also i think squishy got low enough to see a posible rebound #...a high # caused by the liver. don't react to that #, just shoot the low dose anyway.

14. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

his pmps was 136. i have not shot yet! if i need to please suggest to and what amount to give him? i really dont feel comfortable giving him insulin after his numbers today. i dont think i should shoot. i hope this is ok. i think he will be because he came back down from the 158 after the hypo scare.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no shot

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i mean unless your ready to stay up all night at test a whole lot :lol:
    if he's on the rise in an hour to over 150 you can do a token dose.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you see where he did a self come down from 158 to pmps 136? he might still be on his way down

18. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

A little late, but I agree...no shot. He was below 150, that's your no shoot #. Looking good! :smile:

19. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

So what is going on with his ears? You wrote in his spreadsheet that they were tender. When you have a no shoot number like you did last night usually you feed and then test every 1/2 hr until you get a shootable number and then give a slightly smaller dose of insulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.