squishy day 10

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

no test again this morning!! hubby got one last night at 8. and he was at 45. hubby will have to do it again tonight. i just cant get it now!! cat(2)_steam

2. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow!! Does this make it official? OTJ cat_pet_icon drinking24

3. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

I am not sure cause i have not been able to get his morning bg number yesterday and today.. angry(2)_cat

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Is a kitty straight jacket needed? hehe I pray for continued success with your baby. :)

Is that normal for him? I would think that 45 would be too low...? I know that ECID, and if that was Blackie's #, I'd be concerned considering we've been down to 21 with her before. That wasn't fun.

5. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

well he was down to 34 one night. which i was told is ok. he cant go hypo with no insulin. i was told some meters just read low when the bg numbers are back to normal, and he had not eaten for a while, so it could of also been like that because it was a fasting number. i was also told the a lot of "normal" cats that have never had diabetes can have a bg in the 50ies and that is normal. i too was a little freaked out by the low numbers, but he seems fine.

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

No, he can't go hypo with no insulin. Could he go hyperglycemic, though?

I'm hoping for a positive outcome for you all. You're doing the best you can. :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heather give us the WCR (whole cat report) that is a low # but i don't think it's a danger or not a hypo concern for sure. how is squishy---the whole cat?

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

wow 34, that's amazing!!! makes you wonder how many #s we are worrying about as hypos that might not be (not that I would wait to find out on a # like that if I had given an insulin shot!!!)

there is a physical condition where you can go hypoglycemic w/o insulin, where your liver doesn't kick in when needed to raise your BG when it lowers naturally... I think it's pretty rare, but I don't know much about it

9. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I would not worry about the low numbers as long as Squishy is acting fine. No risk of hypo with no insulin shot, obviously his pancreas is working just fine! Go Squishy go!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.