? Stalled and dropped a little more. not sure what to do ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adam2020, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

I tested Adam at 8:30 pm. We stalled because he was at 159 which is low for him he is usually in the 300s for PMBG
    So I stalled and re tested. He was went down to 157 ok so not a lot he is still doing good but he usually goes up not down. He is on 2 units of Pro Zinc and now 45 mins past his shot time
    idk if I still shoot the 2 units or reduce and if so to what ?

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ideally he would be rising after the stall. Unfortunately, without a lot of mid-cycle data it's hard to guess what will happen overnight. I personally think those few nights you gave the full 2U dose under 200, he dropped too low and caused a bounce...but again hard to say with no mid cycle tests.

Can you test one more time in about 10 minutes? If he's rising but still below 200, you have two options:
    - Skip the dose.
    - Shoot a token/reduced dose. Looking at the data you do have...I'd be looking at 0.75U or less. But if you choose to do that, you really should test at +4 and +6 to make sure he's not dropping too low.

If he's dropped or flat, I would skip the dose.

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Can I ask how you arrived at the 2U dose, and why you've been on it for so long? It doesn't appear to be the right dose.

4. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

5. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

I could test again but he is getting pissy. He is hungry. I cant stay up for a +4 or +6 which is his his nadir. Its already 9:40 pm so I will probably just feed him and skip his shot and then deal with him being high. This vet dosent like shooting under 200 but I have done that before

He has been on 2 units for a while and been up in the 300s because partly I switched vets and the other part I wasent sure if he should stay on Pro Zinc or be switched. This vet wants to do a curve in his office and I refused so he wont tell me anything over the phone .

6. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

on 2/2/21 he ate some dry cat food so he went up a little. This is what happens when he gets into food he isn't supposed to have . I am not feeling good either ( seems like he does this when I don't feel good ) I have meniers disease and have had Vertigo attacks off and on all day yesterday and today so I am pooped. I need to get more mid day testing done. I am not sure at this point if he needs his dosage increased but it doesn't seem to be working

7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Well I hope you both feel better! If you can't stay up or check in the middle of the night I would skip.

I'd say at your soonest convenience, do a curve at home (on the weekend, a day off, etc). Ideally after a few days of consistent 2U dosing and low carb only food...but if he continues to get these blue preshots, it's ok (don't force a full dose you're not comfortable with). You're testing at home so no need to pay the vet really, you can always send him the results.

When you've got some free brain space, I'd suggest reading through the ProZinc dosing methods sticky here. It helps explain when and how to adjust the dose based on home testing data. Once you do a curve, you can post in the ProZinc Insulin Support group and they can help guide you on dosing.

Also, it helps us if you use the Remarks column to mention things like stalling, what you did, what the Bags were, if he got into dry food, etc. For some reason your spreadsheet isn't loading properly for me right now so I can't see if you've done that, but I think it's just my phone because it loaded fine earlier.

8. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

yeah I need to do another curve. he was dx 3/3-0/19 so we arent new but he has always been in the 300s for AM/PM unless he sneaks into dry food then we see him drop. I am trying to fix the spreadsheet for some reason 2 are showing up. I have this one but the back ground is green lol
    Adam's Spreadsheet 2021.xlsx
    I need to learn how to adjust his insulin myself instead of keep asking. This vet is nice but no help to doing things over the phone he always wants me to come in. I have done rescues for many years (26 ) so I know a lot of medical stuff but Adam is my first diabetic as weird as that is .He only eats low carb Friskies Pate or Aldis Pate. he has been on 2 unite forever it seems sometimes I bring him down to 1 1/2 units but thats as low as we have gone. The old vet didnt like the spreadsheet so I didnt keep up with it and now this vet likes it so I started over

9. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

With having Vertigo attacks like this its hard for me to think sometimes and my husband doesn't know much about the diabeties but he does know how to shoot and test but he has to leave for work early so we decided to skip it.

10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I saw you posted in the Spreadsheet area, hopefully someone there can help you! I had the same issue when I moved it form Google Sheets to Excel for my vet. In case it helps, the link is opening via OneDrive and the Excel web-based app. I believe most everyone uses Google Sheets, but I could be wrong.

11. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Tagging @Bandit's Mom to help with the spreadsheet. I clicked on your link and can see an outline of a spreadsheet but I can't see any numbers on it.

I commiserate you on the vertigo. I have chronic vertigo barely controlled with meds. So much energy is used up just trying to maintain a focal point. I sleep almost sitting up with 5 pillows.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The SS is not in our format and doesn't seem to have any current data.

upload_2021-2-4_9-33-47.png

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

This is what I was seeing too when I mentioned the issue.

But when I initially opened whatever spreadsheet was there back at my first reply in the thread, everything was fine. Data going back to last year.

Perhaps it's best to revert back to that version of it's still around and try again? You're the expert, I'm just mentioning what I saw in case it helps.

14. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Yeah Vertigo sucks. I have had this for years now. Chris is going to make me a new spreadsheet and I will start over again. Idk how I got it in that format .. Probably the same way I got florescent green for the back ground lol ughh geeh ! At least I kept notebooks of his numbers so I have that still for you know when I have half a brain. I dont think people realize how much Vertigo effects your entire body like it does

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.