Stalling - BG dropping

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bekah and Momo, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Bekah and Momo

Bekah and Momo New Member

Hi, Momo's numbers have been going down this morning, currently at 141. She wasn't eating well yesterday so has been having plain cooked turkey (I assume lack of carbs is keeping numbers low?). I need to give fluids and feed her to take all her other meds for her other conditions. Should I skip this morning? She has only been on insulin since Friday.

UPDATE: she dropped to 135 so I decided to skip. I hate to do this, however, because she has a vet appt today and it will likely skyrocket. I was thinking, she is probably going to be eating just meat for another day, so if she is closer to 200 this afternoon can I give her dose pre-vet visit, skip tonight, and then resume tomorrow (if numbers allow)?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  2. Ann & Sister

Ann & Sister Member

Sorry nobody responded when you needed support.
    It sounds to me like you are thinking rationally, making reasonable decisions and keeping Momo safe.
    Hugs,

3. Bekah and Momo

Bekah and Momo New Member

Thanks, Ann. I didn't end up giving any. She spiked at the vet but stayed below 250 and came down when we got home.

Ann & Sister likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Bekah,
    Sorry no one got back to you that day.
    Is your SS up to date? It looks as if the last entry was on 5/8?
    What dose are you giving now?
    If you are finding you have to continually skip a dose, you are better to reduce that dose so you can shoot both cycles.