Stalling. Dosage Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Robin Portman, Apr 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin Portman

Robin Portman New Member

Happily, my kitty’s numbers have been pretty low today. I am suppose to dose him in 10 minutes but his bloodwork only registers 115. He was just diagnosed about 3.5 weeks ago and a week and a half ago, I switched him to very low carb food which has made all the difference. Originally, his numbers were 400-500s. I started home testing about a week and a half ago. His chart is attached, thanks for your advice.
    Edit: I gave him a tiny bit of insulin. Less than .5..just a smidge.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Reason for edit: Additional info
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Robin, I’m sorry no one got to you in time.
    Next time, you can STALL, DONT FEED AND TEST AGAIN IN 20 mins to see if the BG is rising.
    I would get a +1 and a+2 just to see he is rising. This cycle will still be influenced by the depot of the previous dose.

3. Robin Portman

Robin Portman New Member

Thank you. Did I do the right thing by giving a smidge?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Robin,
    Have you decided whether to follow the TR or the SLGS method? That will make a difference as to our advice.
    Here is a link to the two methods.
    You need to be feeding a fully wet diet to be doing the TR and you are testing enough
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/

You didn’t do the wrong thing. Once we know which method you are following there are guidelines for you to follow which will make it easier for you.
    He is doing really well for a newly diagnosed kitty, his numbers are lovely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.