Stalling for Logan, another reduction??

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Logan & Sandy, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink @Shelley & Jess @JanetNJ Hi Just got home.. for pmps logan is 134bg! am stalling! shall i give him less for tonite like .75 or a SKINNY 1.0?? he is very hungry.. no food been fed as of yet. at (713pm) bg147. food given. gave him .75 of a unit.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Shelley & Jess and Deb & Wink like this.
  2. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink @Shelley & Jess @JanetNJ logan.jpg this is the amount i gave him tonite .75.. unfortunately i couldn't monitor him today to know what his nadir was... when i shot this picture of him i had a flashlite on him.. i think it scared him a little. poor little boy.

Attached Files:

• 75.jpg
      75.jpg
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
    Shelley & Jess and Deb & Wink like this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

0.75U seems fine for Logan.
    Likely it would have been ok to give him the 1U dose.

Picture shows up his beautiful green eyes

Logan & Sandy likes this.
  4. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink hey thxxx.. so do u think i should give him 1.u in the am.. am gonna try and catch his nadir..tonite.. but its a hit and miss. thx. so flexuating is dose probably isn't good.. what do u think.?. my guess is he will be high in the AM but I don't know,

Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. Deb & Wink

His BG is rising, looks good to me to give him his insulin. You shot a 157 BG the other night and he was fine.

The 147 is within meter variance. I'd go with a 1U shot this evening, and in the AM. But I thought you had said you already give him his PM dose of 0.75U.

6. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink i wish i saw this..earlier.. I gave him .75 tonite wanted to be safe,,.. but tomarrow.. i will give him1.0 unless things numbers tell me different, but most likely i bet he will be HIGH.,. thxx again for responding,, so he may bounce cuzz i changed his dose.. our cats are in at nite.. when they go out they are fenced within 1/2 an acre... we need to keep them safe too,,there are foxes and coyotes and ofcourse skunks,,and lottsa deer.. but it is the foxes i'm concerned about,, take care..

7. Deb & Wink

Sounds fine.

8. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink @Shelley & Jess @JanetNJ So I guess after Logan going from 1 unit to .75 then back up to 1 unit.. will make him bounce and get some red numbers... the pits. last nite at +3 bg 396 and +5 403 then for amps today (2/17) he was at 382,, then at at +8 260 and now pmps 418..at +2 bg 332..
    ..ps skiing was great today... snow was crisp and so was the temp.. great day.. except for Logans numbers... just wondering how I can do something different to make him improve....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Deb & Wink and Shelley & Jess like this.
  9. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink @Shelley & Jess @JanetNJ Wee hours last nite 2/17 .. I think I caught Logan's Nidir. after Logans pmps 418, then at +2 bg332, then +6bg89 then +7 bg95. So today for AmPs bg 331, and at +2 bg341.. wish logan would get better,.altho he looks fine,,

Heres a picture I just shot of Joey (the gray cat, and Logan on left and Logan's brother Rocky on Right).

Attached Files:

Deb & Wink and Shelley & Jess like this.
  10. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink Up Down, Down Up.. maybe back to .75 for tonite..am toying with that.. for AMPS today he was 145. gave him the .9 of a unit. now hes' going low again, at (1134AM)+4 bg82. he is so borderline between .75 and .9 units.. at(1255pm)+5bg64, fed 1 teaspoon of wet. at(245pm)+7bg65, fed teaspoon of food. maybe remission is coming.paws crossed..I may just give him a flat ,75 tonite,, not sure yet,. logan104.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  11. Deb & Wink

So you kept him surfing in the nice low numbers with a bit of food. Good job!

Logan earned himself a dose reduction with that 64 at +5 today. I know he often doesn't hold the dose reductions, but it would be safer to reduce the dose a bit.

12. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink thx..... now at 544PM +10 he's at 374bg. yeah..i'm thinking of giving him a Flat .75 right on the nose. it simply amazes me how between .75 and .90 how he can flex-uate.. to being high or low....90 he getsss too low almost.. yet at .75 is starts to run too high...i'd rather be safe than sorry.. i always get scared wondering.. suppose i'm not here to give him a tablespoon or teaspoon of food...? arggh.. ps hope you are having a nice evening,,.

Deb & Wink likes this.