Still Dropping at Shot Time - Dosing Advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy4Skipper, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Skipper was high this morning because I only gave him a token dose last night. He's been dropping throughout the day and his lowest number so far is PMPS of 219.

That's above 200, but he's dropping. What dose do you think I should give him now for his evening shot?

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  2. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

I tested about 45 minutes later and he was starting to go up so I gave him "not quite" his regular dose, a little less than 1.75u.

I was a little confused because of the steady drop throughout the day. So his nadir was at PMPS.

Was I correct in giving him close to his regular dose?

3. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

You did good! Looks like he was trying to clear the bounce during the AM cycle yesterday from the AM run of blues and the PM token dose the day before.

And looks like Skipper's trying real hard to get used to those blue numbers - it takes time (and patience) You guys are doing fantastic!

And I see you've been able to move your shot times back a bit. If you can start getting some before bed tests when possible, even if it's only +2 or +3's it may help us get a little better picture of what's going on.

4. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

5. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Thanks for explaining his nadir at PMPS. That helps me understand what's going on! :cat: I'm learning to be a little more patient, lol.

He's making me move towards the later hours again... this morning he didn't want to eat the Nulo (not his favorite). The Instinct food that he likes arrives today or tomorrow.

I did manage to get a midnight shot last night. It looks like he was pretty level overnight... in the yellows.

Thanks so much for checking in with us!:bighug: