Subcutaneous Bupe Dose

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kate & Toby, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

Hello all,
    Toby has been to the vets today, after numerous tests they think he has a kidney infection, ive been given some needles pre filled with Bupe to give him to help with the pain and we await the culture to get him on the right antibiotics.
    He had bupe at the vets about 6 hours ago and he is still completely spaced out, staring into space and a bit confused. My question is that he is due some more in 2 hours and I feel the dose is a bit much, the syringes are pre filled with 0.96.
    Whats the normal or regular dosing protocol with bupe? I'm glad he is feeling better but I think he might need a little less as he is too spaced out to eat or drink.
    Thank you in advance xx

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If that dose was too much before is try giving him half the amount.... But if he's still out of it, I would skip.

3. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

Thanks Janet, he has eaten now, but still pretty spaced out and quiet, appreciate your reply and that is a good call.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

some cats are very sensitive to pain killers... just like some people can't handle them.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Is the ml?
    What is concentration of the buprenorphine? One concentration is 0.3mg/ml but there are other concentrations too. 0.96ml seems high for 0.3mg/ml concentration.
    You did not say how much Toby weighed. The dosage is:

Kate & Toby and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.