Subq fluids - where to get them

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karrie and Maverick, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

For someone who needs subq fluids (vet is charging them $41 per bag) - where can they get them cheaper? I know some of you order online but I assume this isn't shipped quickly. What are the options?

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

got mine at walmart. some marts have order code, some do not. will find it if you need it

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

http://www.thrivingpets.com

Shipping is very fast, I get mine in 3 days. You have to fax a copy of the script for fluids to them however. When you place the order online it tells you which items you need scripts for. They are excellent with email updates on processing of orders.

For price comparisons they are the cheapest on what I get. A box of 12 lactated ringers bags, 12 lines and 3 boxes of needles (300) cost me a little over $100 recently, shipped and all. $41 per bag or even set (bag, line, needles) is exorbitant.

4. Lana & Yoyo

Lana & Yoyo Member

5. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

Also, check with your vet to see if they would be willing to sell them to you in bulk. I found out that my vet offers this to folks who need fluids on a long term basis. They sold me a case of fluids (12 bags) along with the lines and a box of needles for $85. They just needed a little advance notice so they could tack an extra case onto their weekly order.

6. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I get my lines and needles from Thrivingpets.com (Vicky already provided the link above) and my fluids by the case from Costco. The case of 12 1 liter bags is only $28.26. Uber score.

7. ToddyTiger

ToddyTiger Member

You can order them from just about any pharmacy. I've ordered from Target (until they upped the price from $35 a case, to $85) A local grocery store pharmacy sold me a case for $40. Get a script from your vet and call around to some of your local pharmacies and see if they can order for you. Prices will be different everywhere. So get quotes for a case of 12.

I always got my lines and needles for free from my vet. So I never had to order them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.