Successful Curve Day! Dosing Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JC&Yuki, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC&Yuki

JC&Yuki Member

Hi Everyone! Yuki and I had a successful curve day. We're improving at getting her glucose readings and singing definitely helps! Since her diagnosis she's been getting 1.5 units of Lantus every 12 hours and since 10/10 she's been getting 1 unit. Her numbers were still a little low last week, so she's been getting 0.5 units since the evening dose of 10/3 (see my previous post hyperlinked below for additional background.

I just wanted to post to see if anyone had any advice/feedback on her dosage? Should I up her dosage a little bit? After her last BG curve my vet advised that I stick to the 1 unit I was giving her, but even then her numbers were a little low, so I took the advice I received from the last post and decided to give her 0.5 units for the past few days. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

My previous post: Dosing Advice Needed

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Bump
    Hi one thing I see I'd that there are no tests for the evening.
    It's just as important because you are only seeing half the picture.
    Cats usually drop lower at night .
    Hang on for some members to see this :cat:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I never could get night time tests in (past PM test.) I worked a very demanding job. Up at 3am at work by 5...It took us much longer to get Trouble regulated that it should have. He eventually went into remission but I still feel bad about it.:oops:

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. JC&Yuki

JC&Yuki Member

Hi Diane! Thank you for the response. I will be sure to get some after dinner readings as well going forward. I didn’t know they drop lower at night. I’m sure Yuki will be excited to get woken up for more ear pricks hahaha! Oh well, it’s for the best.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. JC&Yuki

JC&Yuki Member

I can barely get day time tests sometimes! Yuki never seems to remember she’ll be getting a treat soon after the test. I feel bad it took me so long to figure out home testing and that I put her in this diabetes situation to begin with, so it makes me feel better I’m not the only one with guilt. I don’t have that same excuse, I’m just an early sleeper by choice lol.

6. jt and trouble (GA)

I worked 16-18 hour days into nights for 25 years. I'm just lucky hubby was all in with helping. I could not have done it if I lived alone.

JC&Yuki likes this.
  7. JC&Yuki

JC&Yuki Member

That sounds crazy! Hopefully you are finding more time to rest nowadays. Yes! I’m so lucky my partner has been so supportive and helpful with testing.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  8. jt and trouble (GA)

Since my profession went away with the introduction of digital, I'm now retied. I earned it. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.