Surprise! It's littermates!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MollynSkooter, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

I really am surprised I am writing this because as much as I do not like being alone, the thought of having a cat that isn't Skooter still is difficult to process.

However, I met two of the most amazing cats yesterday and will be bringing them home on Feb 6th.

Elliott and Tad are two year old long haired brothers that have been together since birth and the only time they have ever been outside was to come to the vet.

They have been living at Skooter's vet clinic since their Meowmy passed away in October. The cats belonged to the sister of one of the vet techs at the clinic. They posted a picture of Elliott early January and I was struck by his strong facial features and his whiskers. I had commented on how hamdsome he was but didnt think much else of it because I was waiting until after a trip from Feb 1st through the 5th, to even consider adopting, as I didn't like the idea of getting him (or any other cat) and then leaving him. Plus, I knew I wanted two cats.

Yesterday one of the vet techs calleed me. This happened to also be the vet tech that basically held my hand through that horrible day in August when I had to let Skoter go, though I didn't know that at the time of the call.

She said they had saw my posts and wondered if I might be interested in meeting Elliott. She said that she had to be upfront and say that he did have some weight to lose, approximately 6 pounds amd that he had a brother, who needs to lose 2 - 3 pounds. She said they didnt expect me to take both, but I immediately said I was wanting two and would not even think of separating them. Tears were shed on the phone on both sides. I expressed my hesitation due to my upcoming trip and she said they would be safe and sound at the clinic until I returned. I then asked about adoption fees and, this is where I lost it. She said for me, there would be no adoption fees. She said that Skooter was still so loved by everyone there and was a bbit of a legend and because they knew what an amazing mom I had been to Skooter, they would not be charging me the fee.

I got to the clinic and a few of the vet techs I knew came up smiling and giving me hugs. Apparently news had spread fast that I was coming because they were all so excited I was even considering adopting them. I went back and was immediately smitten. Then Skooter's vet came back saying she heard I was there. She sgiwrd me ger office where she had Skooter's paw prints and requested a photo of him she could put next to it. Another vet tech came back and just said she wanted to say hi and that she missed me and loved the idea that she would get to see me more. When I said I wanted them both, the vet tech began to cry and said I was the answer to her prayers for them.

I knew I had to have them. They lost their world, just like I lost my world and I just think we can help each other out. I am also on a weight loss journey, so I figure the three of us can do it together.

Part of me feels horrible still, like I am cheating on Skooter. I also feel bad that I havent been able to bring myself to do a proper memorial for him here yet (which I still plan to do). But I am hoping the boys will help heal a bit.

I think I shared the dream I had about Skooter and just wonder if this is his way of telling me its ok.

I would like to think that Carol, their meowmy that passed away will look after my baby now because I can't and I can return the favor for her boys. I have asked if her sister would mind giving me a picture of Carol that I can frame and have here. It may sound stupid, but I would love to have a little reminder of her here for them.

I stopped by today to visit with my sister and brought the kennel and a sweater for each of them of mine, so they can start getting used to my scent. I was greeted by some many hugs and smiles today ad apparently they have notes all over the place that I am adopting them. One of the otehr vet techs said that she thinks of me every morning when she gets her coffee (I had gotten the staff a Kuerig machine as a thank you for the wonderful care they provided Skooter) and wss hoping it would be me that took them.

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to share with you all. I am on my tablet and don't know how to add pictures, but I have started a Facebook Group for them...The Adventures of E.T. (Elliot amd Tad: Little Brudders of Skooter) if you would like to see them.

I want to get strong enough to where I can come back here on a semi regular basis because I mis you all so much. I am hoping these teo new additions will help that. I have also loved becoming Facebook friends with several people as I feel I can stay connected that way.

Love to you all...

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Molly, this is great news. I know how you feel. I've been fostering two kittens for two weeks and still can't say I will adopt them. I miss Max so much. You aren't being disloyal at all. You are honoring Skooter. Post pictures when you bring them home. :bighug:

MollynSkooter likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Molly)))) This post made me so happy. Tears of joy and of course a little sadness. I think Skooter would be estatic. He knows you've got a huge heart and have plenty of room for a couple of new furbabies in there. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I'm sure he had a paw in picking them.

What a great vet clinic you have. Those boys will be so lucky and everyone at the clinic knows you'll be perfect together. Pictures please. :)

4. MollynSkooter

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

How absolutely lovely. You have the biggest heart and you've just made everyone's hearts a little bigger.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If you don't have Facebook, Molly gave me permission to share her new kitties pictures with you!!

This is Elliot
    elliot (Mobile).jpg ....the one with the long whiskers!!

This is Tad
    tad (Mobile).jpg

7. MollynSkooter

So Tad is the shy and uncertain one. They said when they csme in, Elliott eould wrap himself around Tad and protect him.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

@Wendy&Neko ....I know you'll be super-happy to see these pretty boys getting a wonderful new home!!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Very sweet! Two very lucky kitties

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

@Chris & China - yup, love those long haired black and whites.:joyful: Gorgeous boys.

11. MollynSkooter

Funny thing is, I said no long haired cats....and now I will have two :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They are also completely on board eith transitioning them to wet fuds. I still have several cases of Skooter's fuds, so I am going to bring in a few cans and see if it will work with weight loss needs amd if they like it.

12. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

i will pass on some advice i was given when my GA Seth passed, and weeks later the vet called saying they had a little guy that needed TLC, that had been tossed in a dumpster as a 8w old black and white kitten, was skin and bones, and whole face cut up from trying to eat of bad things to survive... i wasnt sure if i could love again and do it again...

and here is what i was told by a very good friend...

the point of Seth wasnt to close your heart, wasnt to harden you heart, the point of Seth was to love deeper cause you just never know when that day will be that you cant love them more...

I am sure Skooter doesnt even see this as cheating... he made your heart bigger for more love... if anything i am sure he is proud of you for be courageous enough to love again

Elliot and Tad are gorgeous and i am happy that you have 2 little ones to share your days with once more

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Tears of happiness here for all of you. Skooter is giving you high five paws. He picked these for you knowing they needed a wonderful mama and you need them just as much.

They are gorgeous kitties and more importantly, Skooter approved!!!!!!

Please keep up updated.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Molly, this is such fantastic news! I know that Skooter had a paw in this. Beautiful kitties. Have a great trip, and what wonderful kitties you will have to come home to!

:):):):bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

HWright and MollynSkooter like this.
  15. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Ive posted before about how our first diabetic GA, Brady, led me to adopt Whisper. And it sure-as-shootin' sounds like you were led to these two sweeties as well, if you ask me!

I didn't know that I was ready, but apparently Brady did. Once Whispy got here, as opposed to it feeling like I was "cheating" or trying to "replace" Brady in some way, I felt this calm come over me that I hadn't felt in the 9 months since Brady took flight. Our home felt complete again...where before it felt broken. I hope and expect that your journey will take a similar path.

BTW, when people ask me why I love my vet, it is because we have the same relationship with everyone at our clinic. I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Congrats to you, E and T!
    Sandi&Whisper.

16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

*sniff* i'm all teary now. What a wonderful story all around.

Tad and Elliot just hit the jackpot, and they're going to help lighten your heart. It isn't being disloyal to Skooter. Skooter has his own Skooter-sized place in your heart. But there is room for Tad and Elliot to form their own spots in your heart.

I'm so glad for you, Molly. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

What two handsome little boys!!

18. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Love your story! And two is better than one, trust me!!! I love that they are bonded brothers. So precious.

I'm a sucker for the underdog and I have a very shy kitty myself. Tad has already melted my heart just by his photo and the boys' story. He is going to be so super special to you, I just know it. So much joy, love, and companionship coming your way!!! Your little scoots wouldn't want it any other way! This is an amazing, heart jerker story. Thank you so much for sharing!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright, sarahtee and MollynSkooter like this.
  19. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww SUCH a HAPPY post!!!
    I raised littermates from three weeks old to the ripe old ages of 19 and 21...littermates is a special bond:cat::cat: you are lucky as are they! :bighug:
    Congratulations!!! I am so very very happy for you! I truly believe our GA kits play a big role in making sure we receive the particular furry souls we are meant to share our lives with next....
    I am sure Skooter is beaming at you and so happy your heart has healed enough to open again:bighug::bighug:

20. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Molly))) I am so happy for you, what a wonderful happy ending. I'm sure these two gorgeous boys come with the Skooter paw of approval. They will never replace your darling boy but there is also room in your heart to love again, and to give Elliot (love those whiskers!) and Tad a forever home.:bighug::bighug::bighug: More pictures please for us non Facebookers!

21. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Molly}}}

More tears of joy here. I have been so hoping Skooter would help the right kitties find you. I'm sure he hates how lonely you've been and wants to see you share that huge heart of yours with some worthy furbabies. I am in love with them both already. They are so lucky to be yours! Every word you wrote about them convinced me more and more that you three are the perfect match!

Your vet clinic sounds like mine. I'm so glad you have that special relationship with them. It's very important when you trust them with your most precious possessions.
    I can't wait until you start sharing news of E & T as they explore their furever home.

Congratulations!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

So happy for you! My three are litter mates and they definitely share a special bond. They came to me only a few months after my old girl passed. :)

23. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Look at those beautiful boys! Here's hoping that a forever home helps sweet Tad come into his own.

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((Molly)))

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.. The new additions to your life seem like ti was meant to be -- certainly all of the people at your vet's office seem to think so.. Once they are home and settled, please post more photos.

25. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sweet! Feel good condo of the day, as Celi would say.
    Liz

26. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Elliot and Tad might no know it yet, but they sure won the kitty lottery! I am so happy that you opened your heart to those two special boys and will keep them together. They are both adorable and I am sure that they will be so happy when they find out that they will get to go home with you.

27. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Such happy news for all of you! Elliott and Tad are indeed very handsome and lucky fur kids and I have no doubt Scooter picked them just for you! The way all the pieces of this union have come together so perfectly, tells me this is a match definitely made in heaven! Looking forward to hearing more about your two boys as they settle into their new furrrever home. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh what handsome boys they are! I'm so happy that you found each other, with Skooter's help!

29. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Oh Molly I had to stop reading your post 3 times to cry!
    I am so happy for you all! I totally think these boys are suppose to be yours. Thank you Skooter for such a wonder gift!
    I love that the clinic loves you to!
    I have 3 from my Vet clinic and they are such grateful kitties. A little bit naughty and a whole lot of fun.
    What a perfect fit!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What wonderful news! Those kitties are so lucky to have a home with you. I've lost two very special kitties over the years and I've found that the other kitties I have don't take their place, they just allow me to love in a different way. There is room in your heart for Elliot and Tad too. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear all about their adventures once they get home!!!

32. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Such gorgeous boys, I'm so glad you have found each other.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    More photos when the get home, please.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

What a great story Molly. I am so happy you found a place in your heart for these beautiful kittehs. I am sure Skooter is sending you all good vibes.:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.