Tabby 2/24-Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Well this is day 6 on Prozinc. amps 409 3.4u. I guess I should of stayed with the 3.4u even on the 332 pmps number. I wrote that down so next time I will. I am reworking his scale as even on Idexx his scale was very much in need of tweaking. He maybe having some diarreah or really smelly poops. I will check litter box today. I don't want that as a side effect of this insulin. I will be out of town today and will not get a check until tonights pmps. I am working the scale line by line and day by day and dose by dose. Just trying to get his ps into the 300 and nadirs into the 200's. That is my first goal. Than I will work on another goal. I hope others get some better numbers this amps than I did.

2. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

The only issues I am having with litterbox is the clumps from the high 400's consistent numbers...I too am working out the kinks with new ProZinc, I went against better judgement and did a mid-cycle small dose and just threw the numbers totally out of whack. Behavior is good, but I feel like I am starting over again, and there were several people on here that warned me over and over again on not doing what I did....Shame on me...

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Terry, please don't beat yourself up. We all just do the best we can and sometimes we make mistakes. You should be able to get Putz back on track soon. I hope Putz continues to do well.

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Alice,

Just thought I'd add my $0.02. I've found that H is very reactive to small changes in ProZinc insulin. So it looks like maybe the 3.4 brings him down but then the 3.2's at night is not enough insulin. You might try backing off in those cases by 0.1u instead of 0.2u and see what happens? Just a thought. On the other hand, since you are unable to grab those nadirs I can understand the desire to play things safe.

I do sliding scale myself but I'm not a fan of hard sliding scales. I just give enough whatever I think that may be at the time to either raise his PS's hold then or lower then all of course with an acceptable nadir and or delta in mind. And most importantly I do not really take time into consideration [if I'm early or late at PS] or wait for doses to "settle." So in your case I would have said hmmm, on 3.4 a reduction of 100 from PS to PS is to fast of a drop [I usually like to drop from PS to PS, in a perfect world, no more than 20 points [but it rarely works so perfect]. So you know 3.4 would do that. And you know 3.2 will allow him to come back up. So you've handily already bracketed some doses for yourself. Then it's just playing around with making small changes within that bracket. Maybe even some "0.05u" changes.

It's hard to nail down this bracket described above because you do not really have much data at this point so the above is more an example of how my brain works then what you should do.

All of the above is just how I might look at things. You have been at this for a long time and have a lot more experience with your kitty. And it sounds like you are going at things in a methodical and careful way [very good]. So I'm sure you will be getting down to the bottom of things in due time.

Terry,
    The nice thing about PZI is that it is fairly forgiving of "mistakes." So just keep at it and work on being methodical in your approach and hopefully you will be rewarded soon by being methodical. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.