Tabby - Here we go

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

amps 477 3.6u
    +3 293
    +6 237
    +8 216
    +11 331
    pmps 336 3.6u

I didn't drop the dose, I am going for it. I will need some spot checks tonight. I am a little nervous but I have greenies and fish flavored food if needed. Wish me luck. I will post any updates I get on this thread and my spreadsheet. I hope everyone can see Tabby's spreadsheet and his profile now. Gator helped me set that up. I did figure out how to add a little pink to it.LOL I will get a check at +3 and see how he's doing.

2. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Lookin' good Girlfriend! Take a peek at my SS, sheesh, keep your paws crossed for us, too!

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

You'll break through. YOu just keep at it. Paws crossed for good things ahead for both of us.

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Alice,
    When I know I'm giving a dose that I'm nervous about I like to *try* to time it so that I can do it during the day and not have a sleepless night. Of course it doesn't always work out that way. But when I can make it work I'll give a dose that I think will hold the PSs even then wait until the morning to head into lower territory. This is part of what I advocate in "taking them down slowly." If it can be prevented, there's no reason for me to be useless during the day from lack of sleep and worry. Yet another benefit to sliding scale... :smile:

I'm very encouraged by the last cycle for you guys and you did an awesome job getting that curve.

5. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I originally was trying for that when I was thinking I would get a decent ps this am and but didn't. I don't want to loose some great information. And I don't sleep well anyway. I am up at least 3 times a night so I can get spot checks then. If I feel he's going to low I can give him some fancy feast. I always prefer to do these things during the day but I work all week. If I didn't I would of given the 3.4u and got plenty of sleep and no worries. But I really need to get him out of the 400's so a lilttle less sleep tonight will be fine. We will see what he does at +3. If I had given the 3.4u tonight I would probably be right back where I was this morning. I only have the weekend off to get some testing done. My husband is working 4pm-midnight for the next two weeks so I will see if he can get me some +6 checks. He's usually up by then.

6. Gator & H (GA)

Terry, I was just looking back at our SS and realized that it took us almost 3 months before I really felt like I had a good mastery [knock on wood] of the new insulin. I think you guys are doing good rolling with the flow. And you are doing good grabbing those mid-cycle numbers. For us it seemed like we were getting some good traction at a lower dose then it turned out we needed a higher dose. So as they say, "stay loose." Hang in there.

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

NIce curve today!!! I'm surprised the PMPS wasn't higher after that +11, that's really interesting, though I have no idea what to make of it! Hope tonight goes well and you get nice pretty #s that aren't scary low. :)

8. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Me too Joanna. I don't like scary low. I will be testing for his +3 in 30 min. I am nervous. Told my husband he will be doing some +6 checks next week while he's working 4pm-midnights. He can do checks while I am working.

9. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

amps 477 3.6u
    +3 293
    +6 237
    +8 216
    +11 331
    pmps 336 3.6u
    +3 286 (not bad)

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that's almost exactly the same +3 as this morning, go figure! Well at least no nailbite_smile for now of dropping too low, and Tabby is back in the yellows, yippee!

11. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Thanks G and H! I really need and appreciate all of you for your support and help through all of this...I know exactly how Alice and Tabby feel right now, a bit frustrated, but I am feeling that also...I check this board several times a day and I can see there are quite a few of us in the same boat...Thanks again for all of your help! :YMHUG:

12. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Hi Alice,

Glad to see you bumped up to his old Idexx dose. Looks like he's going to need more though. Hopefully, he's feeling better with the drops into the 200s. Are you all getting any sign of spring yet? My daffodils are up with buds, but no blooms yet. One little crocus in blossom. Unfortunately, we may get snow again mid-week. Unusual winter for NC.

13. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

so, how'd it go?

14. Gator & H (GA)

Terry, also please make sure to start you own topic now and then, perhaps whenever you are ready to get input from others, just so it will grab attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.