Tabbys new chart updated. my link doesnt seem to work so i copy and pasted the link

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Matt & Tabby, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt & Tabby

Matt & Tabby Member

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I can see it.

Wow - he can get as much as a 200 mg/dL drop on 1 unit! You'll want to consider that when shooting.

It looks like he nadirs around +6, and possibly the insulin may wear off a little before 12 hours. Some tests in the +10, +11 period may help you determine if that is true.

Robin&BB likes this.
  3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

This morning was low. When you get a number that far below 200, be sure to retest, so you are sure she is headed up and not still down, and nearer 200.

I think I might reduce a bit, Matt. It looks like she almost always has blues, especially overnight and then maybe bounces up for the pre shot..although not this am. Do you think you can eyeball a dose between .75 and one unit? If not, maybe stick with 0.5 for a few cycles and see if she continues to drop.

She is looking really good. Gradually dropping over time is exactly what you want to see.

Robin&BB likes this.
  4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! I agree....looks like it is time for a decrease.

5. Matt & Tabby

Matt & Tabby Member

Sorry just now saw this. Yea I was wondering why her morning preshot and some night preshot were in purples now.. guess that makes sense

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, bouncing can cause that!

7. Matt & Tabby

Matt & Tabby Member

Dang it. I should of known .. so if I drop to .75 is that going to be enough or should we go .5.. .5 is hard to do in that dang syringe. They need to make those things easier to do .5 units

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Whichever you feel you can do. If you can eyeball .75, go for it. If not, stick with .5 and we can see if that works.

Have you thought about getting u100 needles? They make it much easier to give .25 adjustments. IF you do get them, let us know before you use them. There is a conversion chart you have to use...it's really easy to use, but it's important so that you give the correct dose. :)

Robin&BB likes this.
  9. Matt & Tabby

Matt & Tabby Member

Think I'll eyeball for now. A conversion is another thing to add into the mix lol. Never ends.. and I did just buy 100 more syringes so have to use these guys up first then maybe. I'm gonna drop to .75 tonight and see how it goes. I'll keep posting updates for guidance

10. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

I'm lovin' what I just saw on your spreadsheet, Matt - GO, Tabby!:D (Have nothing else to add; great advice from all above!)

Matt & Tabby likes this.
  11. Matt & Tabby

Matt & Tabby Member

Thank you all

Robin&BB likes this.
  12. Matt & Tabby

Matt & Tabby Member

i have updated tabbys chart for this past week...

13. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

She is looking okay, Matt. As always, we are reluctant to push because you aren't around to monitor. What would you think about upping the dose to 1.25 on a cycle you can monitor and maybe a week you can sneak home for nadir a few times?

My guess is that she has gotten used to the 200s and she needs a little jump start to get lower. But we want to do it safely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.