Testing sites diagram? Painful injections?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becca84, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becca84

Becca84 Member

Hey guys! So yesterday candi had her dose increased to 1.5u bid. She hasnt really mind the injections until last night. She acted like it was painful. I was thinking maybe is a sore spot on the scruff. I tested, fed, then she disappeared, of running away from me. She wasn't having it. I finally got her injected and she meowed like it hurt and even when I grabbed her to move her I think she growled. Not like this girl at all to do that. I can only imagine that shes fed up and tired of it all. I feel so bad for her. But my question is, is there any other spot besides the scruff that you guys recommend? The vet told me that anything below the front feet tend to be more tender and might be painful. Thanks!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

There is I just dont know where :( or I'd post it Please add "Testing sites diagram" to your title.
    plus this will bump your thread to the top of the list.

3. Becca84

Becca84 Member

Thank u

4. jt and trouble (GA)

I'm looking for the diagram now ;)

Becca84 likes this.
  5. jt and trouble (GA)

First... do you keep insulin in the fridge? If so let it warm up (in the syringe) a bit cold insulin can sting

Becca84 likes this.
  6. Becca84

Becca84 Member

It's for injections not testing. Does that make a difference ?

7. Becca84

Becca84 Member

Yes I do. Funny thing! I just got my "cold" flu shot thursday and it stung like crap! Maybe the more cold liquid goin in is hurting. Havent thot of that..

8. jt and trouble (GA)

Becca84 likes this.
  9. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Not sure if this is what could have happened, but my vet told me if you don’t insert the syringe far enough, the insulin will sting. Verbatim he said “burn like the dickens.” Lol

Becca84 and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  10. Becca84

Becca84 Member

Thanks

11. Becca84

Becca84 Member

Thank u

12. Becca84

Becca84 Member

Prolly is what's happening. Will let it warm up a little and try a different site.

13. jt and trouble (GA)

I am having no luck but your title will get you more responses.

Becca84 likes this.
  14. Becca84

Becca84 Member

No worries..I have about 9 hours. I'll continue to do more research as well myself. Thank u!

15. jt and trouble (GA)

lol that diagram is posted at LEAST 5 times a week and the morning I'm looking for it.... :arghh:

16. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Becca just looking at your spreadsheet and see a lot of the AMPS and some PMPS
    not filled in. Did you not test?
    Also you should be texting more often other than just testing the AMPs and PMPS.
    You need to at least get a few more tests in such as +2, +4. ,+6 day and night

Then the next day you can do +3. +5 +7
    Since you upped the dose you want to make sure he is not dropping to low

In your signature can you please go back and add the insulin you are giving.
    I see on your SS it says Vetsulin.
    It needs to be in your signature, what food you are feeding , etc

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

• would be helpful if you can set up your signature
    • On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature. This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
      • There is a limit of two lines which may include two links; you may separate pieces with commas, dashes, | etc. This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
      • Add any other text, such as
      • Caregiver & kitty's name (optional)
      • DX: Date
      • Name of Insulin
      • Name of your meter
      • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
      • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
      • DKA or other recent health issue (if applicable)
      • Acro, IAA, or Cushings (if applicable)
      • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
      • Please do not put any information about your location in the signature for security reasons. If you wish to add your country location, please add it to your profile.
    Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom. If you need help urgently

It is important we know these things at a glance. We don’t want to waste valuable time finding out information.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  19. jt and trouble (GA)

Becca84 and thebigfuzz like this.
  20. Becca84

Becca84 Member

I'll try to work on the signature. Doing this from a phone so it can be quite difficult. No I didnt test. I am relatively new to this so after about 4 times I gave up. And the chances of her suddenly going back to normal with just insulin intervention just after a month in a day seemed unlikely with the data/numbers I already had.
    I work about 45 to 50 hours a week so it is hard for me to get those tests done. I can do them sometimes on the weekend. I have my boyfriend currently giving shots while I'm not there. It would most likely be the pm when I'm home not the am unfortunately. I will work on doing better! Thanks!

21. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

It's great that your boyfriend is helping you! :)

Mogs

Becca84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.