THANK YOU GATOR!!!! gots my spread sheet up!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so relieved to have that done. still have a few questions about how to add comments but just so happy to have this going.
    for anyone who does'nt know tomtom's story:
    dx'd july 30th '07
    after 29 day on idexx pzi went OTJ.
    probably a steroid shot kitty.
    2 1/2 years later after noticing excessive hunger (no drinking) and what looked like mild weight loss tested him. had'nt tested in 5 or 6 months. you'll see on his sheet his first test 122.
    started testing regularly, got ahold of some fresh insulin (thank you cindy,mousie) and within 5 days was shooting him mini doses. IMPORTANT: the day i went to get insulin i test him 252 that morning, came home 8 eight hours later ready for first shot and he gave me a 92 :eek: so you can see his propensity to come down on his own. i am very cautiously shooting this cat.
    he was just tested for hyperT, negative.
    comments?

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL laptop_smiley

Yep, yep we gots that stuff up! Good work on filling it out so quickly!

My comments are that you will probably want to work on getting the U-100 needles in - especially since tomtom requires such little insulin.

Beyond that, do you think tomtom eats more at night?

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you got yoru spreadsheet up. Now we can all see TomToms' numbers. I think you told us before that he was negative for UTI or any other infection. Did the vet look at his teeth? Just trying to figure out why he needs insulin again. It's probably driving you crazy. I think sometimes we just never know why our kittie's bg's go up for no apparent reason. I know it drives me crazy with Blackie. I hope you get him OTJ again soon.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay! Welcome to the spreadsheet club. :)

For comments, I'd suggest just putting them in the Remarks column on the far right. I don't think (?) most people use the official "Comments" method (I see you have at least one cell with a comment tied to it). I'm thinking if the are not in the Remarks column, they will probably get missed when anyone looks at the spreadsheet.

Neg on hyperT then, that's good news, right? Back to the drawing board I guess on what is causing the higher BGs. Do you think maybe he is just always like that? I'm kind of confused myself with OTJ as to what amount of spiking is acceptable and what isn't. Of course I don't like anything above 120 :YMSIGH: but I'm still not clear for my own guy on how to interpret higher #s. My vet said when I get a higher # I should wait a few hours and retest to be sure he's staying high, but I have found I have limited patience with that. :roll:

Well, I'll be watching & learning I hope! No advice, but I'm glad you are posting regularly, especially since Bix is in the same category more or less - working pancreas, but doesn't stay in pretty green #s.

5. Gator & H (GA)

I do use the comments but the only thing I put in there are the "+7.5" and such if I tested not on the hour. The rest I stick in the remarks column.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, first, gator he eats the same amount am and pm...and he eats every last drop of it each meal!
    and joanna i was kinda dissapointed it was'nt hyper T becuase that would be easier to treat. now i have to think about the very expensive dental he needs (probably a couple of extractions)..or worse. i mean who knows what it could be. for now i'm just treating the #'s until i can face the dental.
    i'm thinking of raising the 1/3 to a fat 1/3. HAHA but really i think he could handle coming down a tad further.
    gator i'll have to go look for the remarks column, never saw that.

7. Gator & H (GA)

it's the far right column.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.