Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Today, as of 12:13 ET, it's been a week since my Fletcher earned his reward and went on to the Rainbow Bridge. I really am stunned that the time is passing... how can time go on? How can the sun still shine? How can the world turn... when he isn't here with me?

But he is here... I feel him with me... around me... constantly. I keep finding tufts of his fur... even one in my car, where he only ever was last week. I found a whisker where he had been last Sunday morning... when I knew I was going to lose him.

The sky was sunny the other day, but a huge gray cloud passed over. In the middle, the cloud broke up and there was blue sky and sunshine... in the shape of a cat.

When I took him to the ER... "Forever Young" was playing... that was the song that went with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3XINZVHyyQ I heard it again when I took him to his vets' so they could say goodbye... that day I heard it four times.

He's sending me a shower of rainbows... he's just doing it in his own way... just like he lived.

Fletcher is being called a warrior... a legend... I never thought of him that way. To me, he was my green-eyed orinch boy... who purred just because I looked at him... who liked to cuddle under the covers... who could never just sit on my lap, he had to almost melt into me...

But, in the end, I guess he is a legend... and that makes me so, so proud of him. He left a legacy... he had an impact on the lives of other kitties... his life and death were not in vain... and he will never, never be forgotten.

So... thank you.... thank you to all who took the time to follow his story.... to all of you who cheered him on... to all of you who prayed when he needed it most... to all of you who wrote to try and comfort me.

Thank you... for loving him... and remembering...

[​IMG]

2. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Oh Carolyn - how beautiful, your love for Fletcher. What a sweet picture & what a beautiful kitty. You have all our sympathy & love as you experience the sadness & grief of your loss. We are so sad with you & do share your grief. As I have said before, I really do believe that kitties are guardian angles here on earth and that they teach us humans how to love and care for others. From heaven, Fletcher will continue to watch over you.

Lots of hugs & love,
    Susan & Lanky

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Carolyn,

that song is beautiful. It's quite amazing that you heard it so much on that day.
    I'd say that is a sign. And a beautiful one at that.

(((((many many prayers for you for comfort)))))

4. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute to you handsome man.

He is definately sending you those signs to comfort you and let you know he will always be there with you.

Sending comfort and peace to you at this sad time.

Robin

5. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

(((((((Carolynn))))))))) I have loved that slideshow of Fletcher from the first time I saw it and watched it again now after opening another window to call up Rod Stewart to play while I watched. I never cared that much for Rod Stewart but that song was just perfect for your brave and handsome green-eyed orinch warrior. I will never hear it without thinking of Fletcher.

6. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL all of it thanks for sharing :cry: What a beautiful Angel Kitty you have now and for always wings_cat rb_icon rb_icon cat_pet_icon He is telling you Thank you for ending that awful pain...You are a wonderful Angel yourself....Even tho our tears are falling our heart is begging to heal Look a week already HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Kath

7. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

He'll definitely never be forgotten. I've always loved his nose & mouth freckles! You also could never forget those bright green eyes.. it's also what I loved most about Cuddles. I never realized how rare it is for a cat to have green eyes, until I adopted Bandit, and then the rest of my kitties. You gotta love those HUGE green eyes looking back at you. *sigh*

My heart goes out to you.. (((Carolynn)))

8. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((( Carolyn ))))))))))))))))

9. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

What a beautiful, peaceful picture - that little black spot on his nose and mouth - have always loved that.

Yep, we all know a legend when we have one in our midst - and he was exactly that.

You've been heavy on my mind and in my thoughts - you sound so at peace even while in your grief - that's what his gentle spirit has left with you - that peaceful, forever love.

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful little spirit.

Hugs,

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

10. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

New tears....he was a legend..he and Merlin were my inspiration...because of them Spunky had a quality life with diabetes! We can't thank you enough!!! Jen

11. sanrun

sanrun Member

Flecher was a special boy, his story gave me hope for Cecil when he was DX with Acro. The future looks a bit brighter because Acro will be DX sooner and more treatments options will be available. Our orange boys did well considering the odds.

Take Care,
    Sandy - Dottie, Jeter & Tilly
    o:) Rat, Stubby, Cecil, Jessie & Skippy

12. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Fletcher will always be my boy! It was because of him I knew what was wrong with Merlin way before he was ever tested. Because of you I had someone to call anytime day/nite - laugh/cry - or even panic a little! Because of our boys - I have a BFF. (Even if YOU live on the wrong coast) - We've walked a long road together dear friend! I wish this part of it didn't have to happen. But in so many ways I feel so lucky that Merlin got what he got - so I could have Fletcher and you in my life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.