They never stop surprising us, do they?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Djamila, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Well, we've been at this dance since 2015, and I've never seen this one before. Well, I've seen it before, just not from Sam. We're at +13.5, and he's still dropping. :confused:

He's also sick again, so I can't skip his dose, so here we are stalling....and stalling....and stalling...

Yong & Maury GA and Panic like this.
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Hugs for you Djamila, soft head kisses for Sam.

Djamila likes this.
  3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Oh, no! Sam, you straighten up for your bean right now!

:bighug: to you, Djamila!

Edit: and please keep us posted.

Djamila likes this.
  4. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Holy Moley... never a dull moment. When you say he’s sick again what’s up with him? Xoxox to you both

Djamila likes this.
  5. Djamila

Thanks so much for the hugs and care. I'm a little teary about it tonight, so I appreciate the support.

+14.25 and he's up in the 70's, so it looks like he's rising now. Still feeling undecided about the dose. He hasn't been eating on his own all day, but he'll eat a bit at a time with bribery and encouragement, so I've been able to get a good amount of calories in him.

I have been assuming it's yet another round of pancreatitis, but that always leaves him in high numbers, not low numbers. :oops:

6. Lisa and little

SAM!! Be a good boy for your mommy!! Pleeeeeze?

7. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I know Sam often runs (counterintuitively) higher when he's hungry, but do you think that he may be running low b/c of, what we humans call when we're hungry, "low blood sugar"?

8. Djamila

Could be. I'm going to go with that explanation for now. It's much nicer than the one I'm fearing.

I went with a fat 1.5u for the dose, and then instantly regretted giving him so little. It's hard to know what to do when they diverge from their usual patterns. That, and I need him to be rising on time in the morning, and not have another long cycle, or I'm going to be very late for work in the morning!

9. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Well, if you need to stay up with him, I'll be here! :bighug:

Djamila likes this.
  10. Djamila

Thanks Jenna. My hunch is that he'll be nice and high in the next hour or so. I'm just hoping he stays yellow at least and doesn't end up in the pinks.

He did just get up and come out to the living room. Made me happy to see him up and moving. He's a tough little kitty.

Jenna Josie likes this.
  11. Djamila

Hey Jenna - I just noticed that it's almost your insulinversary! You'll have to start a thread and give a little Josie update so we can all...ummm....celebrate (?) with you! ;)

12. Lisa and little

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Djamila likes this.
  13. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Omigosh! That’s tomorrow, isn’t it? I actually think of it as June 30, when I joined the board!

14. Djamila

I think you can celebrate whichever date is most meaningful to you! Or celebrate all of them. I mean, we can't really have too many reasons to throw a little party around here! :p:cool::smuggrin:

Jenna Josie likes this.
  15. Bella & Rox

Bella & Rox New Member

Looks like both our kitties are causing worry! Sending hugs!

Djamila likes this.
  16. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I see that 84. Is his next test on the half-hour? (I.e. 40 mins from now?)

17. Lisa and little

Glad Sammy came up. Hope he starts feeling better. Wishing you and Sam a peaceful night.

Djamila likes this.
  18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like the dose is working for Sam. I hope he feels better soon.
    It is always horrible when our furbabies are sick or unwell.
    Hugs to you Djamila :bighug: and vines for Sam

MamaMug and Djamila like this.
  19. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Djamila. Hope today is a better day for Sam (and you). Sending healing scritches for Sam.

Lisa and little and Djamila like this.
  20. Djamila

Sorry for falling asleep on you last night, Jenna! Sam woke me up a couple of times so I got tests in (a rare thing for me after I've gone to sleep!).

And this morning he woke me up about a half hour early asking for food - great appetite this morning! He's moved to his bed by the bird window, instead of the dark bedroom, so that seems like a good sign.

It looks like the dose for last night was just about perfect. He had a gentle rise and ended up at 217 for AMPS which is a pretty typical number for him.

A huge thank you to all of you for your love and vines last night. They seem to have helped light a little spark in him again. :cat:

21. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I’m so glad he’s feeling a little more perky and interested in scouting this am. And never apologize for sleeping! Are we not all sleep deprived? (Plus the website server was down?)
    :):bighug:

Hope you both have a good day! And Atty, too.

Djamila likes this.
  22. Harukyo

Harukyo Member

Aw Djamila, man it's always rough when you gotta do that much testing at night. Hopefully you got some rest for work today. Sending some hugs and positivity for your Sam today :bighug:

Djamila likes this.
  23. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

From your SS, it looks like Sam has decided to be a good boy again! I hope he's feeling better. :)

Djamila likes this.
  24. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Hi Djamila!
    How's Sam feeling now? How are YOU feeling? :)

25. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Our Sam sends big hugs.
    sam004.JPG

Djamila likes this.