This is Kitty, my magical diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Carina Josefine, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

So here we are! After asking probably all kind of stupid, and less stupid, questions on Facebook, it's time to introduce ourselves here. This is my Kitty. She is 7,5 years old.

[​IMG]

She got the diabetes diagnosis yesterday, and it was a complete shock! I took her in for a morning cough, and a week later the she got a diabetes diagnosis. She is otherwise healthy, but now that I know, I think she might be sleeping more than normal (but not so much I reacted to it before I knew she was diabetic).

Anyway, she might be diabetic, but I was you to know the cat behind the diagnosis. Kitty came to be as a 500 grams 3 weeks old orphan. I still see that kitten, when I look at her. She has grown up with me and the dogs. Kitty has an emotional level my other cats just don't have. If I bang my toe on something and curse and swear, the other pets run away. Kitty will run TO me, to mush her face against mine for comfort. I have had two different dogs hurt their legs. She stayed on bedrest with them, holding their leg for days. When my young cat was about to die from kidney failure, she would not leave his side.

I don't know if it's my other cats being a little "dim", or if she is smart. While the others chase the red dot, she will look at the device in my hand as if she is thinking "yeah right, not falling for that. I know the deal"

Kitty got her own dog. Carlisha was a rescue dog that was so close to being pts due to fear based aggression towards everything and everyone. From the age of 3 weeks, Kitty had that dog in the palm of her ... paw? So I let her keep the dog. As years has gone by, I have been able to connect with the dog as well (especially since she went blind 1,5 years ago), but no one will ever have the connection with Carlisha as Kitty does. Kitty is still the only one that can make that dog lay down and stay down :p

[​IMG]

She is my magical cat. My heart and my soul. And apperently she is diabetic.

I had about 24 hours to try to learn, and I am still lost as can be. I will follow up with the health information in a thread on the health forum, along with some (a lot of) questions I got.

majandra likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. :)

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome Kitty and Carina. This is a great place for help and support in managing Kitty's diagnosis!

4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

You're better off here than Facebook. More compassion, less Kardashian.
    And we don't snoop.

Coco’s Momma and Beth 73 like this.
  5. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.