Thursday 10/8 Luci AMPS 187 Day 37 - A respectable blue day!

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone!

Well, Luci has certainly surprised me! She had a nice long run in the lagoon yesterday and last night! And came to rest there on the beach this morning!

I actually had the rare opportunity to shoot a GREEN last night! That happens so rarely I think we should celebrate the occasion!:woot::woot:

Let's hope she has turned the 'Tresiba corner' and will continue to have these beachy blues or lagoony greens...no more bouncy bouncing...

Yesterday I caught her up on the counter helping herself to a bit of my freshly baked zucchini bread. DH picked too much - I mean what else do you do with it? I baked some bread, sautéed up a big pan full for lunch...and there's still a bunch of it to eat...guess what we're having for lunch today?? ha...more zucchini!:D:D

Ok, back to work, hope I have some time today to figure out another zucchini creation...and fend Luci off while I hope she's doing some more surfing!

Have a great day everyone! I hope your kitties surf safely!

2. Megan and Bernie

Megan and Bernie Member

Hah, Luci sounds hilarious! Her SS looks awesome!! Congrats on those pretty greens! Go, Luci! :D:D
    Enjoy your zucchini bread! Sounds yummy!! :):)

3. Sue and Luci

I tried a new recipe...it didn't rise enough...so we'll have to see what it's like now that it's cooled off...yesterday it seemed a bit dense. Luci was just trying to give me her opinion of it...bad girl!

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Amazing! Wow! Congrats on Luci's greens and shooting green. It has been a while. I agree, we need to celebrate!!!! I still have some zucchini too. I think I'm going to make celebratory zucchini pancakes.

Have a great day!

5. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I wish I could throw some confetti and balloons like with the iPhone :bighug:!!

I miss all the zucchini bread, cookies that I grew up with......so good!! I still can’t believe Luci eats what she eats :p!

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Luci had some GREAT BG ! Hope the trend continues :D

[​IMG]

7. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

So happy to see Luci lounging on the beach and dipping in the lagoon. (do you think she could talk to Nova for me?) :D

I hear ya about the zucchini...the many ways I've had to come up with to eat our bounty is reminiscent of Bubba & Forest Gump talking about shrimp....zucchini bread, zucchini chocolate spice cake, italian boats, mexican boats, enchilada boats, grilled, sauteed, zucchini tots, baked rounds with pizza toppings, etc, etc. I've even pickled them along with my cukes! Thank goodness we're nearly done! I'm ready to chuck them at people walking by on the trail, (along with my over abundance of tomatoes this year!) :joyful:

8. Sue and Luci

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: THAT IS SO FUNNY! And so TRUE!! Love all the examples you gave! I was thinking of baking more zucchini bread today - perhaps try a different recipe...but didn't have time...maybe tomorrow? Gotta get through those green beauties somehow...we picked them small at least ....so there aren't any 'clubs' to deal with! Every now and then we'd find a club...we called them clubs because they were as big as baseball bats...only fatter! Oh...lord...what to do with those monsters? We'd put them out by the street in a box marked 'FREE' sometimes the neighbors would take them...this year we planted so late, we don't have that many...but enough...perhaps if there's another bumper crop like this one, it would be good to find the 'free box' and put it out there...I've about had enough zucchini for now...however I did find a recipe for zucchini soup! Going to give that one a hard look as soon as I have a few minutes!

9. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Good afternoon Sue!

Wow, Luci's having a very nice run of numbers! I must admit, I was biting my fingernails when I saw last night's PS# :p It looks like she tolerated the midnight snack of MC well :cat: As well as the zucchini bread snack ;)

:bighug::bighug: I do hope it eases up soon. It seems the entire world is exhausted this year :blackeye: ...Even those of us slacking off at home instead of actually being productive :smuggrin: (Yeah, that's me... Work? Nah, I've got, umm, cat grass I need to watch grow...)

I never fail to find it amazing that our cats know beyond all doubt when we're considering increases :D Where's the study on psychic cats?

I've wanted zucchini and other summer squashes so badly this summer :( The soil in the back yard is too contaminated to trust anything grown in it anymore... never mind the squash bugs :mad: I hate those things!

LindyNova and Sue and Luci like this.
  10. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: I slice the clubs into 2"rounds and hollow them out and make stuffed zucchini, like a stuffed green pepper..only italian style (thyme from the garden & lots of garlic)! I have a free box/shelf too, usually loaded with what my neighbors won't take, on the trail...with much of the summer squash, zuchs & my overload of turnips & dill. One year, a grateful person brought us the most delicious zucchini bread I've ever eaten! I got to say, I've brought those baked pizza rounds to more than one Happy hour in the hood. (slices, pizza sauce or tomato sauce on top with shredded parmesan/italian style cheese & garlic, add pepperoni if ya like it! Bake until the cheese is melted) Yum!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

The really big zucchinis grill better. If thats any help.

Hope Y'all dont mind me following along I have a diabetic hubby and he is considering tresiba (just thought I might learn something):oops:

LindyNova and Sue and Luci like this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Not at all! Maybe we can all learn something...I sure hope so :)

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  13. karensun

karensun New Member

May I ask what dosage you used? How much is your cat weigh? I just started taking take insulin. It can only persist for 12 hours and then rebound..

14. Sue and Luci

Hello there!

I see you're new to the forums...

All of Luci's info is in our Spreadsheet...the link is in my signature..

So are you saying you've just started taking insulin? or your cat is just starting to take insulin?

15. karensun

karensun New Member

my catHe takes Tresiba a couple of weeks ago. We're using 2.5 units now, but he rebounds always high. He weighs 15 pounds. He used to take 2 units to inject other insulins.(Lantus) So I don't know whether it because we gave him a too low dose.

16. Sue and Luci

Rebounds are normal - we call them 'bounces' here.

Are you new to the forum?

Have you had a chance to set up your Spreadsheet yet? It would be good to do that so that we could get a look to see what your dosage is and the resulting numbers.

Here's a link to it, if you need help getting a copy of it..then you can make it your own and add the numbers from your tests.

HOW TO SET UP FDMB SPREADSHEET: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

17. Sue and Luci

If you haven't posted in the forums yet, you may want to post to the Main Health forum first - that's where new folks usually go to get set up with the Spreadsheet, signature and all that...

You're welcome to stay on this forum too...

However, I'm signing off for the evening. I work days so I get up early in the morning...and 5 a.m. comes way too early for me.

Have a pleasant evening! :)

18. karensun

karensun New Member

Thanks a lot.. Yes, I'm new… I'm going to learn how to make a spreadsheet.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  19. karensun

karensun New Member

Sorry for my poor English. I'm a foreigner>_<

20. Sue and Luci

Its ok...You’re doing just fine!!

I’ll be looking forward to seeing your SS when it’s ready... let me know if you need help with it.. there are people around in the evening who can help like @Chris & China (GA) ..

21. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

@karensun You should start a new post and tell us more about your cat there. Most people start on the Health Forum. Just go there and find "Post New Thread" to start your own.

Was he on 2U of Lantus and you have switched to Tresiba?

Is the Tresiba 100U/mL or 200U/mL?

Where are you from? It may be helpful to use Google Translate. We want to make sure you understand us and we understand you!

I'd be happy to set up a spreadsheet for you if you need help. Just click on my name and choose "Start a conversation" to send me a private message

Sue and Luci likes this.
  22. karensun

karensun New Member

yes, 2U of Lantus. and I switched to Tresiba 2 weeks ago. I'm a Chinese…

23. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Is it the U100/mL strength or the U200/mL strength?

24. karensun

karensun New Member

u200/ml