Tigger 2/26 AMPS 417 +3 489 going up I guess

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by mdmelvin1128, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdmelvin1128

mdmelvin1128 Member

Well, much better than yesterday's PS number. He seems to be feeling well, hungry as always. I moved my shot location from the scruff to the side of the belly, and I shot a skinny 1U this morning, so we will see where he goes.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope things go well today! If it is rebound going on, it may take a couple cycles to settle down, it's kind of a guessing game at times.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

It's possible the insulin hadn't kicked in yet at +3. Sometimes the nadir is later, too. Those spot checks can sometimes really help you figure out what's going on. I hope Tigger is feeling good.

4. mdmelvin1128

mdmelvin1128 Member

He seems fine, I checked for ketones earlier, and he's all good there. We've been in the red all day, I guess it is just one of those days.

5. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

MD...Hang in there, keep home testing, I am going through the same thing right now at 10 days with ProZinc

6. mdmelvin1128

mdmelvin1128 Member

Wel, I have decided that I must have gotten a fur shot this morning. He stayed in the 400's all day. PMPS was 410, gave 1U, now at +3 he's at 80. Really fast drop, and I guess I won't sleep much tonight so I can watch and make sure he doesn't go too low.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Furshots are no biggy - they happen.

I like your note in your spread sheet:
    "I seem to get higher numbers when using my U100 syringes with short needles." :D

So the deal with the U-100s is that:
    1) Make sure you have that needle in up to the hilt. When I put the needle in I hold the syringe like a dart.
    2) When you shoot make sure you push the plunger and don't pull the barrel. It's easy to pull the barrel then the needle will come out.

Sorry to hear you will have a long night. Tigger sure seems reactive to 1u. A super steep drop like that [from 400 to 80] alone can cause rebound. So we'll see what happens.

8. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Hope today give you better numbers. I use U100 syringes but I don't use the shorts. I need the longer ones and Tabby never really notices. I have still given a fur shot or two in my days. Good luck today. And sometimes Tabby goes up, even at +3 before he goes down too.

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes they run high for a cycle, it's just one of those things, it may not have been a furshot. It can happen with rebound from the last shot, or if the dose is too high, or if they see good #s one cycle even without Somogyi rebound sometimes they will run high the next cycle as a reaction without it meaning they need more insulin. Just one of those things you grit your teeth & ride out. Of course it could have been a furshot too, although it seems like you would have felt the liquid in his fur? But anyway, no worries, some cycles we just try to forget & put behind us. :D

You can still guestimate on intermediate doses with the U40 syringes if you are more comfortable with those. If you try a slightly lowered dose again, I would suggest holding it for at least 2 or 3 cycles to see if the #s improve. Since on that all-red cycle the #s weren't really rising at the end, that sets you up for a nice drop in the next cycle, which means a lowered dose might work well. Generally if the #s are rising a lot in the later part of a cycle you will need more insulin to counteract that zoom than if the #s are flattish - the insulin then is bringing the #s down, rather than spending it's time fighting them from going up higher, at least that's how I picture it in my head, little boxing gloves coming out as the insulin & BGs duke it out. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.