Tigger 3/2 AMPS 526

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by mdmelvin1128, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdmelvin1128

mdmelvin1128 Member

Dog food is now put away, lol, and we're starting a new day. Still going to shoot .8 and see how things go.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

wow, that'll be awesome if it turns out to be the culprit - nothing like an easy answer!!!!

you may find the #s come down over the next few days - if he was eating enough dry it can take a while to clear his system 100%, but hopefully you'll see some immediate improvement.... just keep an eye out for low #s, but so far this dose looks good to me for today!

3. mdmelvin1128

mdmelvin1128 Member

Well, we're at +9 and he's at 447, so I don't know. I didn't get very many checks today, so I don't know how low he went today, or when that was. Should i stick with the .8, or increase or decrease?

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

If your PS to PS is just a hair lower then you might have found the right dose to bring him down slowly.... Or if the PSs go up then you might need to try to .9u on the U-100s to see where that gets you. If it were me I'd have a big question mark over the 0.9u doses with the U-40s. Obviously you know I'm for sticking with something here and collecting data so you can maybe rule things in or out and perhaps use those doses later to accomplish your ends.

I don't think decrease at this point.

And depending on how bad the dog food thing was it might take a while for that to resolve. So perhaps you data collection currently will be colored by that.

This early drop thing [and perhaps lack of duration] is another unresolved issue too. But again it's so hard to say since the dog kibble may or may not been in the picture and exactly what was going on.

One odd idea is that I'm not sure but I might have read that if the insulin goes into muscle [rather than just under the skin] then it is absorbed quicker. Anyone know about that? And again how much the dog food was coloring the picture is unclear.

5. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I don't know if it's the same for cats (although I would assume so), but for people, if you shoot into muscle the insulin is absorbed faster but might not last so long.

6. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you would get quite a reaction for the kitty if you hit muscle too? So you would probably know it if you did it?

7. mdmelvin1128

mdmelvin1128 Member

I'm pretty sure I've never hit muscle...his PMPS was 433, so I went ahead and shot .8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.