Timing Need help!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by MaxsMom, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxsMom

MaxsMom New Member

Headed out to dinner shortly, Max isn't do his next dose until 8pm, better to give it early before we go or later after we get home?
    Thanks!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'd say later. but i don't see a spead sheet and don't know how high he's been. i'd rather shoot an hour later than an hour early but really either way. may be different on insulins other than pzi. where's your helpful info.?

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I would say it partially depends on whether he tends to poop out at +8 or +10 or if he usually hangs in there pretty well until +12. Also on how high he's been, and on what your plan is for readjusting the shot time (unless you plan to leave it where it is). Sorry I'm not more helpful. ;)

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, I'm too late to the party to be much help. Also not sure what time zone you are in & how the times fit together.

In the absense of any other info in general I would say shooting later is safer unless he has ketones. If shooting earlier, one might want to reduce the dose, depending on how early and what kind of #s you are getting. It can really change the effect of the dose because of the overlap. If you end up shooting later, you may want to increase the dose a tiny bit (on the order of 0.2u) for the same reason (in reverse, i.e. loss of overlap), but again it depends on what kind of #s your kitty is getting, etc.

No easy answers here! ;-) Let us know what you ended up with, & how Max is doing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.