tom's blue, not green and i can't shoot him

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can y'all take a look at his SS. i think i'll start testing at +13 or +14 instead of +12. right now i'm conserving strips until my order arrive (ebay) in like 5-10 days (arrrgh)
    somewhere during the night those #'s hit the 200's but not at the end of the day.
    don't think i would'nt love to give him a speck, a skinny 1/4u, but is that silly. i just don't want to shoot under let's say 175 or so. he has been known to self come down.
    too bad you can't all see his hypo back in august 07....he'd been gradually getting lower #'s then i shot an incee bit too much and bam at +2 or 3 he was at 40!
    we don't want to do that again.
    also he was asymtomatic when i tested that #, just a good catch i guess. right before i went to bed. ended up staying up all nite with him.

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Honestly things are not THAT bad. You have some consistency over the past couple days. It would be really hard to try to zero in on things at this point without the U-100 syringes. I'm surprised you can get "green" numbers at all with U-40 syringes. I'd be a little conservative like you since you are betting his P is doing some work.

But basically if you were to try to get things evened out, you might try a little less insulin during this day. While this would not bring him down to where you want him in 12 hr it might then allow you to start shooting at night.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

When Bix was getting longer duration like that, I experimented both with trying a higher dose and going to SID, and with shooting a lower dose as Gator suggested, and staying with BID. With Bix, I found that the smaller doses didn't give him a very good nadir, and he was just hovering a little higher than non-diabetic #s. So I opted to go with slightly higher doses & SID, get a good nadir, and then accept that the PSs might be a little higher by shot time.

My alternative was to try for something like +16s, which made my head spin after a few :roll: so I tried SID. For him it worked well, as his pancreas was pitching in more & more I think, and his duration kept improving while the zoom reduced. Can't say if that would be the case or not for Tom. I'd probably try reducing the dose a little and seeing how the nadir and following PS look after a couple cycles, and then reevaluate. If you are getting PSs that you like, but the nadir is never getting into the DDs, then if it were me I might try and see how he does SID (or somewhere in between BID & SID if your schedule permits) and a slightly higher dose.

[p.s. the title of this thread just cracks me up - maybe cuz it's past my bedtime ;-) but I picture someone who doesn't know our lingo reading it... what would they think we are up to here? ROTFL!!!!]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.