treats for testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Erikamc, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erikamc

Erikamc New Member

what treats do you guys use for your kids at testing time? I'm thinking of just getting some of the freeze dried raw food to use as a treat for my boy and to give his non diabetic sisters as snacks

2. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Yes! I only give Howie freeze dried turkey treats that I get from Amazon and he loves them. They come in bigger chunks so I just break off a little to give him at each test. He gets WHOLE LIFE Just One turkey cat treats for $5.99/bag. They’re the same price on Amazon and Chewy. Some people buy bigger bags that are labeled as dog treats to save money if they have multiple pets who would eat them. I get 2 bags delivered every couple of weeks.

Erikamc likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I use freeze-dried chicken from Pure Bites - there are lots of flavors and brands out there. If you cat likes them, buy the dog bag like Howiesmom says (even if you only have one cat :) I have two cats but don't do treats often and mind are in a plastic sealed container).

Erikamc likes this.
  4. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Freeze - dried chicken treats that I crumble in the dish.

Erikamc likes this.
  5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Bonito flakes is another good treat. Some pet stores carry them but they are much cheaper if you go to an Asian grocery store.

Erikamc likes this.
  6. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

We cooked some chicken breast before the freeze dried snacks arrived (no condiments added) - Chico loves it. We cut in smaller pieces, left out only the amount for 1-2 days and the rest is in the freezer :) BG are not affected which is great because we measure a lot ))

Erikamc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.