TRIBUTE FOR ANGELA'S DAISY

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CD and BigMac, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Angela wrote this tribute about her sweet kitty, Daisy.

• ♥ ♥ ♥

Daisy was, still is, and will always be extremely close to my heart.

Daisy was born, along with 1 other sister, and 3 brothers (one brother passed away a week later), to my diabetic kitty, Blackie, on July 11, 2001 under the house, directly under our bedroom in the insulation. DH came home that afternoon, pried open the skirting which surrounds the house, withdrew the kittens from the insulation, and placed them in a box. I took the box inside, and put it in the living room. Blackie, however, had other ideas of where she wanted them, and removed them from the box, and gently placed them under the bed. At night, we heard the cries of hungry babies… Blackie was right there to care for them. Daisy was the smallest of the kittens. Never grew up to be a huge kitty… Weighed only 6 lbs. at the most.

I named them all, and Daisy was the last one to get her name. I remember cradling her in my arms, looking at her little face, then upon looking at the pads of one her little hind paws, I noticed a peculiar “flower” pattern (main pad was black surrounded by the small pink pads), which looked like a little daisy. I knew right then her name was Daisy. When I told her that, she looked at me as if in agreement. It was the start of a bond between us.

As she, and her siblings grew up together, their personalities came out. She grew up to be more of a princess-type, or a queen kitty. She was extremely cute, and had a cute little swagger when she walked. However, when she moved, she hardly ever walked. She would trot to her destinations. When she wanted something, she knew how to work that cuteness of hers to get her way. Either that, or I was just simply a sucker.

At night, before it was time for bed, she knew when it was, and would sit at the opened bedroom door, waiting, and staring at me until I acknowledged her, and asked her, "Is it bedtime?", to which she would rub on the door frame, with her little tail in the air, and sometimes would meow in response. She used to lay between my legs in bed to keep warm, and I would always be gentle in moving around, and when I had to move, she'd move along with me. Sometimes just when I got into bed, and laid on my back, she’d climb onto my stomach, and knead for a bit before settling herself flat on my stomach, and gently purr. She’d stay there for about 10-15 minutes, then always knew when I was about to, or when I wanted to fall asleep at which point she would jump off, and snuggle between my legs for the night.

She had this weird habit of whenever I had to make a trip to the bathroom, she’d be right there in my lap. I never knew why she’d chose to pick that time to lap sit, however, that was the only time that she did that, and loving her as much as I did, and still do, I simply let it go, and accepted her quirkiness.

Whenever I “talked” to her, which usually was a higher pitched sound from me, she would make a cute little sound in response. It was like we were kind of “talking”, but not.

She used to lay across my shoulders, softly purring as I walked around the house with her. Then her nails would dig in, and sure it hurt, but I grinned and bared it. Her little head would nuzzle my right cheek. She always laid in a certain direction. There were times that she tried to take care not to hurt me so much, but those claws of hers simply just had to hang on, you know.

When she would scratch the scratching post, I would say, “Daisy going to town… Daisy going to town…” over and over, and I would watch her as she did it, and she would look at me, then look away… Look behind her… All the while scratching that post. The expression on her face when she did that was too precious. This was something that we shared, as quirky as it may seem.

She really enjoyed sitting on a pillow under the bedroom window, to soak up the sun that came through. Then, there were the jeans… MY jeans. She LOVED sitting in my jeans. I’d have to make sure that she got another pair of my jeans for her own to lay in so that she wouldn’t be laying in the pair that I may want to wear that day.

Her favorite treat was Friskies’ Cheezy Craze. Boy, she went to town on those, and would perk up every time she heard the package being opened. Naturally, she wanted first dibs, and naturally she got it simply because.

Blankets. Oh, she loved to lay in, and snuggle into blankets. She loved plastic bags, too, much to my chagrin. I tried to keep her from biting them, but she licked them. Not sure why. Boxes were also a favorite thing of hers to lay in. She really enjoyed the Christmas tree box, and whenever I took it out of the closet, and started unpacking the tree, she’d jump right in, check out the box, and watch me put the tree up.

She loved sitting on a box in front of the office window to watch the birds on the other side. She never talked. Just sat and watched, and made herself as small as she could so that she wouldn't be seen by them.

Her favorite toys were Christmas package bows, milk tabs, crinkle balls that you buy at the pet store, paper balls, and cellophane packaging. Anything that pretty much made noise was her toy. When she would be on the bed, I would play with her by tossing a ball into the air close to her, and she’d bat it back down to the floor. She never missed a beat.

Another of her favorite things to do was to come into the living room, lay on her back on the floor right in front of the couch, and claw-slide her way along the edge of the couch until she reached the end of the couch. There would be times that she would try and reach under there to grab “something” that she saw, but mostly I think she did that because she wanted to show off her cuteness.

Whenever there was a new Dr Pepper box brought home from the store, there would be mornings before feeding time when she’ll sit on top of that box which still had the cans in it, and watch her tail slide between it, and the kitchen wall, and then try to play with it, and try to scoop it from its “hiding” place.

She loved opening doors, especially closet doors. If the door isn’t shut, she’d use her paws to open it, and go inside. This trick was taught to her and the others by our beloved late Scooter. Everyone learned this trick.

Daisy loved to get fresh water from the tap, and there would be times she’d sit in the bathroom sink when I needed to go to bed, and wait for the water to run. She enjoyed getting a drink from a running tap, as long as the water was either dripping, or slowly running. On occasion, I’ve seen her run her paw under the water, and then lick the water off. I thought that was so endearing, and definitely so her. I may have had to move her out of the sink if I needed to brush my teeth, and if I hadn’t have done so, she would’ve sat there for at least an hour. I got an occasional protesting sound from her whenever I did have to move her, but I brushed it off, petted her, told her how cute she was, and how much I loved her. Soon the episode was over, and we’d head off to bed.

Another water episode was she used to sit at the kitchen sink, and I’d run the water slowly. I’ve caught her trying to playfully “catch” the water with her paws, even try to bat at it at the sink’s side. Whenever her paws got wet, she’d lick the water off, and then proceed to drink from under the running tap. When the water was dripping in the kitchen sink, and the tap was positioned just right, the drops would hit the side of the sink, and roll down. Daisy would try to catch those drops with her paw. It was the cutest thing to see. Then, she’d take a little drink from the dripping faucet, and either try again, or jump down.

She never hissed or growled at any human. She would sometimes hiss and growl at the boys as they loved chasing her, and may do the same with her sister, Tiny, if Tiny decided that she wanted to chase Daisy.

She really enjoyed being brushed. You can rub your thumb on the bristles, and even when she was asleep, her little head would snap up, bright yellow eyes looking at you expectantly, jump up, and come towards you waiting to be brushed. She really enjoyed being brushed under the chin, along the whiskers, along her back, her tail.. Hardly ever her belly, though. She wanted her coat to look shiny, and glossy, and she always wanted to look her little best. For whom, I don’t know.

During the past year, DH and Daisy started to get close. For the longest time, she would never allow him to pet her, or get close to her. They, too, were starting to form a close bond, and I enjoyed seeing that between them. He enjoyed feeding her when it was feeding time. I would ask him if he wanted me to feed her, and he would always reply, “No, let me feed her”, and I obliged.

Her sanctuary was always the bedroom, especially towards the end. That was her place, the place she felt the most comfortable. She knew that I was there at night, and that was ok. She would come out to use the litter boxes, for water, for food, and sometimes to say hello to me. Then, she would go back to the bedroom, and chill.

She was extremely loved, and still is. She is now furever home on a shelf in the living room. She will always be my little “Flower”, and I will always love, and miss her sweet little self.
    Fly free my sweet, precious, quirky little love, and land softly. I will see you again… One day.

• Tribute Video for Daisy

[youtube]8w_Ws2syx_I[/youtube]

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Angela)))))

Your photos (and CD's lovely vide) capture your description of Daisy's expressions and her "quirkiness." Some of the photos -- like her peeking out of your jeans -- made me smile. I hope this tribute makes you smile, as well. She is a very sweet girl who clearly has a permanent place in your heart. Thank you for sharing Daisy with us.

Fly free little one and land softly.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

The tears are flowing once again.... what a wonderful tribute to Daisy. Between the video you did CD, and the word spoken By Angela, I m so taken back. What a special wonderful girl she was. Be at peace daisy - there are so many that love you, miss you, and will always remember you.

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Once again, CD, thank you so very, very much for creating such a beautiful video for my Daisy. I will cherish this for ever... for as long as time allows.

Thank you so much, Sienne, and Michelle for the beautiful words. My tears are starting to flow again. Daisy's been gone for 3 weeks now (3 weeks this past Thursday). I really, really regret being there before she went, however, she was still in the operating room, and it simply wasn't to be. I think God knew that it would just kill me to be there when she went like that. God was sparing me from any more grief, and pain that He knew I'd experience. Even now.

Yes, I have her in a beautifully crafted, simply cedar box. In this box, I have her little baggy of ashes wrapped in a small pink facecloth, like a blanket, and she also has a small baggy of Cheezy Craze treats, a small crinkle ball, a milk tab, a cellophane tab, and I think a paper ball in there, too. I say goodnight to her, and I pet her box. She's the only one that I've ever kept like this. Wherever I go, she'll be with me.

5. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Angela)))
    What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl. And Carolyn, you've out done yourself...such a sweet tribute video that Angela can cherish forever.

Angela, as long as what you've written is in your head and your heart, your Daisy will never be far away from you...even until the time you meet again.

So many hugs to you as my heart breaks for you :cry:
    xoxo
    Caryl

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

beautiful

7. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Angela))))
    What a beautiful tribute. With your words and Carolyn's video I can truly sense the sweet-natured personality of your Daisy. I love seeing her cute face (with those "I love you" eyes!).
    Sending you and DH much love ♥

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Carolyn...what a heart of gold you have for doing this amazing tribute to Daisy that Angela will always cherish.

((((Angela))))....Daisy was so beautiful and you can see her incredible spirit in her soulful eyes. While she is no longer physically with you, her spirit will always be with you and comfort you with her love.

9. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Just wow...so beautiful.
    Angela My heart goes out to you and Dh.
    Wiping tears,
    jeanne

10. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Angela, this was beautiful to read. I did have makeup on, before I read it, now tears are streaming. And such beautiful pictures done into a video by CD! I love how Daisy is cuddled into so many things, the blankets, the laundry basket, the clothes :D. I'm so glad you had this special girl in your life, and sad she couldn't stay longer. Thanks so much for sharing her story! I have to send you more hugs :YMHUG: :YMHUG: .

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful tribute and video (((Angela))).

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Angela, the Tribute to Daisy and video are so beautiful. She has such great expressions, and you sure captured them. What a sweetie, and love all the pictures. Loved hearing how Blackie moved her babies under the bed. Sending lots of hugs from us. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

that's simply beautiful! CD, what a wonderful gift you've given Angela! i know she'll treasure it.

angela, how wonderful for us to be able to see how special Daisy was. My favorite pic was the one of her with her head tilted and she was looking around a doorway. The jeans pic was cute too. She was obviously a sweetheart. it's lovely that you have this collection of special pics.

14. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Beautifu bautiful tribute and video.
    You and Diasy loved each other so much.
    Sending more hugs to you, (((Angela))).

15. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Angela))) Just beautiful and heart breaking at the same time♥ :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

16. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

No amount of time we have with our loved ones is ever enough. Your love for Daisy shines through all the tears and flow freely. This is such a loving tribute and she will always be a part of your heart and close to you.

Fly free sweet girl. Until you meet again.

17. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Just beautiful...truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing her with us...your love is truly inspirational.

18. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Reading your words of comfort is bringing me a few more tears, but these I can bare. Thank you. She truly was, and still is, a very special cat. One I've never had more of a tight, close bond with before until she arrived in my life. I'm so blessed to have known her, as short a time it was. I feel like I was robbed of more time with her, and the others. On the other hand, I know that we'll always remember them, and love them, and they'll always live on because of that.

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful tribute. I can tell she was a special kitty. Sending prayers and hugs as you remember your sweet Daisy. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

20. Rebekah

Rebekah Member

Dear Angela,

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful kitty. A lovely memento of the many special times you had with sweet Daisy. My thoughts to you and to your family. She lives wonderfully on in spirit.

Fly free Daisy.
    Rebekah.

21. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Thank you.

My DH just saw the video, and cried. Daisy was his favorite, also.

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Daisy was such a beautiful girl. Her eyes are so knowing, so trusting. Thank you, Angela, for your wonderful tribute to your special girl. And thank you, Carolyn, for this remembrance video. It speaks to the hearts of all of us who have lost our dear companions. Fly free, dear Daisy. You are much loved.

Peace and comfort to you and your DH, Angela,

Ella & Rusty

23. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Thank you, Ella. {{{{{HUGS}}}} I know that cancer happens, more than we'd like to admit to ourselves. I feel like we could've used a bit more time with her, as selfish as that seems. When a beloved pet's time is near, it seems that we all get into a panic mode of sorts, and we start wanting to prolong the inevitable of losing that beloved pet. We start to try to reverse it just so that we can get another day, another week, another month more time with that pet. My DH honestly thought that she'd be one of the ones left with us. She never showed signs of anything until that day when she started to not do well. Up to that point, she looked healthy... Her coat was always shiny. She was perky, and looked playful. She had always been on the slender side, and I chalked that up to being her metabolism from the beginning. It's hard to know what's really bothering them as they are very stoic with their feelings, and such. It's the way nature intended so that they didn't get hurt, or worse, by wild animals.

I saw the video again over my husband's shoulder when he was viewing it. I cried again. I knew I would. Yes, the grief is still there. It'll be there for a while yet. I'm sure I'll cry again when I view it in the future. I remember those days that those pictures were taken. When I go to put the Christmas tree up next Christmas, the box will be empty this time. I know that is many months down the road, but I'm already starting to feel a bit of sadness for that time of year. I just hope that time will heal this deep gash that I'm experiencing.

Thank you again for your words of encouragement, and strength. We may never meet in person, however, I have gotten to know you all throughout the years. God bless you all, and keep you, your families, your furbabies all safe, and healthy.

24. MonetsMom

MonetsMom Member

What an AMAZING tribute to sweet Daisy!

Angela, I am so very sorry for your loss. My sincerest thoughts and prayers to you and DH.
    My heart is so heavy right now.

25. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Thank you. It's been 3 weeks now since her passing. I just find it very hard that she's been gone for this long. I find myself on occasion looking for her. Instead, I've been sending prayers to her up in Heaven, and sending prayers to God to look after her, and the others for me until we meet again.

26. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

(((Angela)))

My heart is breaking all over again for you. What a truly beautifully written tribute to Daisy, and Carolyn did an amazing job with putting the video together. She was a beautiful little girl, and you could just see the love in her eyes. Thank you for sharing her with us Angela. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

27. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

It was my pleasure to share her with you all. I'm glad that you all had a chance to experience her like I did, even if it was through a video, and a story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.