? Trying to determine Nico's numbers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by BellaBlue82, Sep 29, 2021.

1. BellaBlue82

BellaBlue82 Member

Hi folks,
    So we've gotten Nico down to 0.25u and he seems to be much healthier yay!
    But I'm a numbers person, and I'm trying to determine a pattern with what I see on his sheet. I hate to say I don't get the chance to test as often as I want due to my work schedule, but I'm really wanting to do a curve in the next day or so to see what's going on.

Looking for input on his sheet - I noticed he's had some good numbers though not as much green yet. However, there's a few days that almost look like bounces. If the curve shows he IS in fact growing lower at some point during the day, where do we go from 0.25u? To me it looks like he still needs insulin to a small degree, and I'd love to see more green.

@JanetNJ , you've always been great help so I'm hoping you can weigh in. :cat:

Thanks folks!!

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I think you're doing great! Just keep doing what your doing. The 0.25 dose is working for you. When he's consistently bring preshots around 120 and under than you can think about a remission trial. Don't rush it though. Better to give tiny doses for a while so remission had a better chance of sticking.

BellaBlue82 likes this.
  3. BellaBlue82

BellaBlue82 Member

Thanks Janet! It's good to hear that positive reinforcement lol. In really trying to gauge the shots I'm giving, and I think I'm catching on. It really is about tiny doses! But I know it's helping him - gosh just the other night he acted like a kitten, the proverbial let's push stuff off the dresser while you're sleeping, and when I got up to go catch him he RAN down the stairs! :woot::rolleyes: He sure is something else lol.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

That's awesome! He must be feeling good. :)