trying to do what’s right for Logan

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Logan & Sandy, May 18, 2021.

1. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink I haven’t posted for a while.. Logan is doing ok.. what I wonder is, if I am doing the right things for him.. he seems to be doing well, but during mid day or middle of nite he goes low.. it seems that .9 of a unit MOST of the time seems to wk for him, altho sometimes he just runs too high like he did recently, then I raise him a smidge and then he starts to run too low.. and I have to lower his dose back to .75 then I gradually increase it back to .9..is this just the nature of this disease? I had to keep him at .75 for 2 more days till this Fri. Cuzz I am going out of town but will be back later in afternoon and the person taking care of Logan will test bEfore amps and pmps and doing his shots,,.. but no other testing,.. so I don’t want him to go too low while I’m gone.. arggg. ps I hope Deb u Are doing well over there..

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hi Sandy,

Safer that Logan is on a lower dose, the 0.75U dose while you are away.
    I think you might even want to try that lower dose going forward for a week or so.

Logan is just dropping too low at nadir, and then bouncing. I'd recommend you try lowering the dose, decreasing the dose, to see if that helps with the bouncing.

p.s. Busy gardening and socializing my 2 new cats.

3. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink Thx Deb.. I don’t want him to bounce.. a few days ago he ran so high like in the 500s.. scary high.. I really didn’t know why.. then a few dosages at 1 unit.. then going too low at nadir..then I lower him to .75 and he starts to creep up too much.. arrgggh! I will try and keep it at .75 esp. for sure these next few days, but I bet he will go high.. will keep u posted.. congrats on the 2 new cats! Pictures and names and why did u get them? We sure are suckers here for our furry kids..

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

5. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

How is Logan feeling today? I see that his pre-shot was high this morning, but I bet he bounced from a low last night.

7. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink thx for asking..he was very hungry.. unfortunately im not home..am camping. i wont be home till latter afternoon fri. suzanne is testing b4 shots but thats it. she said his bg was 350 tonite for pmps. i worry about him. 1st tine i havent been home since he was diagnosed in nov. i hope he will b ok. she told me she gave him a fat .75 tonite .. i was surprized she did that...sigh. will let u know.take care.
    QUOTE="Deb & Wink, post: 2792368, member: 7964"]How is Logan feeling today? I see that his pre-shot was high this morning, but I bet he bounced from a low last night.[/QUOTE]

Deb & Wink likes this.
  8. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink hi, came home one day earlier than planned., it was too windy today,... just not worth it, Took my dog for a mtn, bike ride then packed up and bailed. tested logan at 308PM bg320. at 520PM bg376. Not sure if he's just bouncing from an incredible low or if he just needs to be back up at .90...am gonna try and get in a test at +5 or 6 tonite.. he was doing well for a while at .9 units... then started to skyrocket.. not sure why,. now he's going off the charts...any thoughts are welcomed... PS it will take time for your loss of Dancer.. no SPECIAL cat can ever be replaced.. when i lost donna last year feb16th unexpectedly due to heart issues (that i didnt know she had) within 1 week I still miss her.. but new felines are a good distraction.

Deb & Wink likes this.