Trying to manage low numbers

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by MumsHoney, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MumsHoney

MumsHoney New Member

I am happy to say we are dealing with fairly low preshot numbers, but I am struggling with keeping our shots consistent.

I have updated my spreadsheet, only one yellow so far in the month of May! I haven't been good about writing down the shot given, I've been skipping quite often. We are now +34 from a half unit shot yesterday morning and testing at a 92. His doses (when I give them, over 150) are usually at 1 unit....sometimes I go skinny sometimes heavy, depending on numbers.

I am going to try and really monitor closely this week...not sure I am handling things correctly skipping shots. He has never hypoed, thankfully!

Just reaching out for any advice on how to handle low numbers and potential OTJ...it is making me so nervous! But HAPPY!

Prozinc, RelionPrime monitor, diagnosed 2/19/16

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hmmm it's difficult to say. Have you been giving a dose in May? Or have those all been skips?

4. MumsHoney

MumsHoney New Member

Not all skips, I just haven't been good about writing it down. Usually I have been able to get one dose in a day. If I can get a reading above 150, I have been giving 1 unit or so. Just getting ready to get up and do a morning test.

I was reading last night, maybe I need to get the different nettles where I can measure smaller amounts.

5. MumsHoney

MumsHoney New Member

184 this morning. Gave him 1 u. I did update my SS, when I got out my notebook I had recorded his shots up until last week.

Going to be home much of the day, going to try and get some readings today and look for some 100u needles online to prepare for a taper.

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

7. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

You might post on the ProZinc forum with your daily numbers. There is very little traffic on this page.. We may be able to help with dosing. In general, it's best to give two shots a day. We have several people giving 0.1 and 0.2 units using U100 needles and the conversion chart.

Here's the forum: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/prozinc-pzi.24/

8. MumsHoney

MumsHoney New Member

Thanks all! I actually thought I was posting on the Prozinc page and after the fact realized where I was. I'll go there and post something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.