TYLER'S JOURNEY #13

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom God forgive me Linda but I wanted to strangle Tyler tonight
    SATURDAY 9-28-19
    PMPS - 147 Going with 0.5 on the liune
    I tested him at 8:30 . He is meowing to eat.
    So I give him the FF Beef Pate since he was liking that instead of the chicken which
    he was eating from day one.
    I put the dish down and he walks away. I follow him ,he eats a small amount
    Follow him again, walks away.
    I was going to give up and skip, I was getting so aggravated.
    I had one can of the chicken flavor left, I didn't even put it in a dish, left it in the can and held it up to his face, He ate about half the can. I'm sure he had enough to eat so I could shoot, between the little bit of beef he ate plus the chicken.
    So now I can shoot at 9:30
    I love him to death, but I just wanted to shove the food in his face, or let him
    just starve the rest of the night.
    I must sound awful right?
    A whole hour screwing around with him, so off tomorrow to buy the chicken flavor
    again. What's next caviar @MrWorfMen's Mom

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Caviar....real caviar is the next flavour:woot:! Diane, I go through this daily with my three little stooges either being fussy about selection or pilfering each other's food. Some days I long to return to a kibble diet for them all. It was soooooomuch easier. I love all of them to the moon and back but meal times are a royal PIA! My old guy will occasionally decide cat food is beneath his sensitive tastes and I cook steak for him. My middle child is the slowest eater on the planet and immediately lets his sister, the diabetic into his grub after she has devoured hers. Menace the diabetic will just go over and take over any bowl she can get her face into. Meal time here is a circus. I get the frustration 3 times over. :p

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

You definitely have it worse than I do. I feel for you. Does he like the steak rare or medium rare lol. I can just picture you running around after them, but we still love the fur balls don't we, I will talk to you later my dear friend

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yeah for all the lectures I give both Menace and Worf every day about pilfering and giving up food, I wouldn't change any of it for the world other than to return Myster to his younger more robust years. Time is really short with him at 21.5 yrs old and it's really hard to watch them age that much. Always thought it would be great to have a cat that lived that long but now I am not so sure anymore. He's got dementia and gets confused so easily even about eating and sometimes yowls at night until I call his name and get him back into bed with me. Taking one day at a time at this point. :(

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

It just breaks my heart hearing about Myster, yes I remember you told me about his dementia, bless his heart 21.5 yrs old, It actually just brought tears to my eyes just picturing it. I just want to hug and cuddle him Linda @MrWorfMen's Mom

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda here we go again with the high pre shot
    SUNDAY 9-29-19
    AMPS - 194 Going with FAT 0.5
    I will talk to you later @MrWorfMen's Mom

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda just tested Tyler @+2 he was 95. A drop of 99 points
    I just fed him some Dr Elsey Dry and he finished eating it at 11:25 am
    I will re test in 30 minutes right? Which will be at 11:55 am
    My question is which is probably stupid , how do we keep him in the greens for awhile
    I know I have to feed him to keep him safe, also I know I have to get 2 readings that are safe without any food right @MrWorfMen's Mom
    Tested half hour later (11:55 am) he was 119 I will not feed anything and will re test in 1 hour
    which will be 1:00 pm

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

Diane, Tyler is in no danger right now and I personally wouldn't suggest feeding unless he drops below 90. It's OK that you gave him food at 99 but it wasn't an urgent need. In fact I think with Tyler it probably is Ok to let him drop to 80 and see what he does because he doesn't usually drop that much and his numbers have been so very stable. Yes today's drop was a little more pronounced but he had further to go to get back to his current "normal".

The whole idea of keeping the "take action" BG higher with Vetsulin is because of the potential for large swift drops in BG. Tyler doesn't generally react that way so I think maybe you should try not taking action until he hits 80 and see what he does with that. It obviously isn't too hard to get his BG up when needed.

Let's see if that small change will perhaps keep him in the greens a little longer.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK Now I get it, I always thought I had to feed him something for example if @+2 he dropped into the 90's. That's why I wondered how to keep him in the greens @MrWorfMen's Mom Just to clarify @+2 he was 95, he dropped 99 points, I just saved this so I don't panic when he starts to drop, also so I don't have to keep asking you to explain it, thanks Linda.Now I wished I didn't feed him @+2 , to see if he would have stayed in the greens longer, just tested him at 1:00 pm - 129
    I jumped the gun but at least I know for next time

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

IMG_20190929_203619.jpg
    Sure he filled his belly and now he's nice and content

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh that belly is just calling for some belly rubs! He's so cute. Reminds me of my ginger Tuffy. DH and I adopted him right after our honeymoon. Had him for 16.5 yrs and he was such a character! He was nicknamed Kleptocat. Stole everything and hid it. Even stole ice cubes out of drinks if they were left unattended. :woot:

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh my god that is so funny Kleptocat lol. Ice cubes unbelievable. He really must have been a character. Wow 16.5 yrs . I hope Tyler and Perry make it to that age.
    Yes belly rubs on that fat belly

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

At Halloween just after we moved into our 2nd house, I got a bag of those toffee type Halloween kisses (orange and black/white) and put them in a basket on top of the stereo right in the corner of the living room next to the entry hall for the kids. Well we got all of 2 kids so lots of candies were left. I left the basket sitting there and noticed the quantity of candy slowly going down. Finally said something to DH who I didn't think like those candies and he confirmed he had NOT been taking any candies. Never thought any more of it until the following spring cleaning when I moved the stereo and found all of the candies hidden underneath thanks to Kleptocat. He also used to lay on top of our TV and his favourite show was BAA BAA Black Sheep. He'd lay there swatting at the planes. Came home to find our Christmas tree strewn across our living room one day too. He was such a cuddle but a major mischief maker!:joyful:

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Sorry just saw this, I am dying laughing! This is too funny , I'm really laughing about the Christmas tree, its just too funny. Thank god you didn't leave money around, you never would have found his hiding spots.One time my moms cat jumped onto Ashley's dresser and knocked over her gold fish bowl, I would let him in my apartment a lot. He was in there buy himself, we went over to my moms for awhile and then came home. I walk into her room and there were the dead fish and there was Oliver just looking at them. No more fish after that lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda
    MONDAY 9-30-19
    AMPS - 135 Going with 0.5 on the line

19. MrWorfMen's Mom

We only kept fish in a big tank with a top on it. Knew it would be game over for any fish without a ceiling! :woot:

20. Diane Tyler's Mom

My moms cat never tried jumping Ashley's dresser, there was a cloth underneath the fish bowl and his nail probably got caught and pulled it down. I still laugh since you told me about Tuffy , he sounded like a fur ball of fun lol

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey if you notice Tyler's BG @+3 today was 157 most likely because the lady above me was vacuuming for about 15 minutes and he his under the bed, then I pulled him out and tested him. Unbelievable, his brother Perry just kept on sleeping through it.

22. MrWorfMen's Mom

My 2 young ones HATE the vacuum cleaner. They don't hide but they head to the other floor in the house to get away from the noisy beast.:rolleyes:

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

I was dying to see what his BG would have been, oh well. Let's see what later brings

24. Diane Tyler's Mom

25. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda if you happen to be cooking right now I will have my steak med rare, a side order of shrimp and some scallops OK
    It's Myster who likes the steak right, just tell him he will just have to share with me lol

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  26. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Oh , my, goodness,Diane !!!! Tyler is gorgeous ! You are such a great sugar Momma :bighug:

27. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sorry Diane. It was pork chop on the menu tonight and while Myster ate, I think he likes the steak better. I'll grab more steak tomorrow and get extra. Dinner is at 7pm. Don't be late. :p

28. Diane Tyler's Mom

29. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks Beth, he's a big load lol. I also have his brother Perry.
    They are 12 yrs old now @Beth 73

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  30. Diane Tyler's Mom

IMG_20160905_012202.jpg Here's Perry

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

32. Diane Tyler's Mom

Don't worry I will be there with both the boys, you can chase after Tyler also to get him to eat lol. I think we are losing it. Talk to you tomorrow dear friend

33. Diane Tyler's Mom

I told you before I just love that face of Elmo's he is a handsome boy

34. Diane Tyler's Mom

TUESDAY 10-1-19
    AMPS - 151 going with 0.5 on the line

35. Diane Tyler's Mom

okey dokey will check in later Linda, have a good day

36. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Auntie Linda aka master chef lol
    TUESDAY 10-1-19 can't believe it's Oct already
    PMPS - 154. Going with 0.5 on the line

37. Diane Tyler's Mom

Okey Dokey

38. MrWorfMen's Mom

I know. Where did the summer go? I think I spent so much time staying out of the oppressive heat, I missed most of it. It was hot here today but is supposed to cool off considerably overnight and hit more fall like temps by tomorrow which sound positively chilling to me now. Oh well, it is what it is. Gotta get my snow removal contract sent off ASAP! YIKES!

39. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know it was hot here today, they say 90 degrees for tomorrow, hope they are wrong. Then cooling off, I don't want to hear about any snow lol, I can live with freezing temps as long as there is no snow

40. MrWorfMen's Mom

I figure if I get snow removal contract, it will ward off SNOW MURPHY!:woot: Last year until later in the season I was sure I had thrown all sorts of money away on the service but it paid for itself with one storm alone eventually and that kind of sealed the deal for me. :joyful:

41. Diane Tyler's Mom

Good idea getting it, the landlord here has people come and shovel, but I have to shovel my car out, which is a real PIA. So I have to make sure I get up extra early to start shoveling my car out if we get a lot, the damn snow plows from our town keep shoveling you in everytime they come down the street. As you know with Ashley's ear problem I we have to leave the house because of people using the snow blowers.
    Linda its just a nightmare what we have to do

42. MrWorfMen's Mom

My snow removal folks don't clean off my car so I still have to do that and if it's a big snowfall, I use my snow blower to clean it up.
    I have an electric snow blower that makes very little noise at all but of course it also doesn't have the power to get through a pile of that sticky snow. I had to laugh one day though when I was out using it and a man from around the corner came walking along with his huge mastiff. The dog stopped dead in his tracks afraid of my snowblower just humming, not spraying snow. Darn near wet my drawers watching this behemoth of a dog petrified by my little snow blower. He was such a big teddy bear. Haven't seen him lately and often wonder what happened to him.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to get Ashley somewhere without a pile of noise these days and particularly when people are cleaning up after snowfalls. How is she doing now after that last Drs appt? Have things settled at all?

43. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom That's too funny about the dog. Well he lowered her meds, she started them on 9-26-19. Not doing so good right now because the next day I was at the grocery store and the guy across the street started up his leaf blower, she called me asap and I just left the cart in the store and hurried home. It only takes minutes for her ears to start hurting inside, then the nerve pain leads to the eyes, face and head, So she has to call him in a week to let him know how the dosage is doing,
    Linda it's a losing battle. How much pain can a person take. I look at her and don't know how she takes it. She really hasn't slept in 3 nights, just a couple hours here cans there. She tells me that she's not going to live her life like this much longer. The depression and loneliness besides the pain is killing her. How the hell and why did she have to get this awful disease @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  44. Diane Tyler's Mom

45. Diane Tyler's Mom

46. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Linda this is what they do every year for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Places all over the world light up buildings orange even Canada the Calgary Tower and the CN Tower in Toronto. You should see Niagara Falls when they light it up Orange.I put a pic below of Niagara Falls. Its November 4th. Its called Color The World Orange. Then the whole month of November is CRPS Awareness Month
    [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

MenuMenuHomeLiving With CRPS/RSD- Symptoms of CRPS/RSD- Definition of CRPS- Diagnosed: Now What?- How to Minimizing Pain Flare-Ups- Coping Strategies- Caregivers- CRPS Comfortable Clothing- For Youth- Stories of HopeResearch/Medical- Clinical Guidelines- Treatments- Educational Presentations- RSDSA Videos- Accredited Course on CRPS- RSDSA Pediatric CRPS Accredited Online Course- Current Research- RSDSA Research Grants- Advisory Board- Research Library- CRPS and Dentistry- How CRPS is diagnosedCommunity- RSDSA News Room- Ways to help/be involved- Carolyn’s Cards- Help RSDSA send Children with Pain to Summer Camp- Events- Join for free- Support Groups- Find A Support Group- Start a Support Group- Support Group Facilitator Library (FSG)- Support Group Grant Program- Jenkins Patient Assistance Fund- Medical Equipment Exchange- Resources- Related Web Sites- Shop RSDSA MerchandiseAbout RSDSA- Leadership- Annual Report- 2018 RSDSA Initiative AccomplishmentsPublicationsBlogContact
    Blog
    6th Annual Color The World Orangeâ„¢ for CRPS/RSD Awareness is Nov. 4
    Published on August 14, 2019 under RSDS General Info
    Written by The Color The World Orange Team

Get your orange ready! The sixth annual Color The World Orangeâ„¢ for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Awareness is November 4th.

The easiest way to get involved is to wear orange and post a picture to social media with the hashtag #CRPSOrangeDay. Make sure to ask friends, family, support groups, and your medical teams to wear orange as well!

[​IMG]Buildings, bridges, and landmarks around the world including Niagara Falls, the Duke Energy Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Calgary Tower in Calgary, Canada, the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada, the Blackpool Tower in Blackpool, England and many more will be lit orange on November 4th! In addition, U.S. politicians have granted proclamations recognizing Color The World Orange Day and November as CRPS/RSD Awareness Month.

As lightings are confirmed, they will be added to the Color The World Orange social media pages as well as our website, colortheworldorange.com

We encourage the CRPS/RSD community to be creative and have fun on Color The World Orange Day! Supporters have held all-orange parties, hosted informational sessions with their doctor, and worked with local schools and businesses. Some have even hung orange twinkle lights outside their home on the night of Color The World Orange to spread awareness! A few more suggestions include:

• Changing your social media profiles to one of the Color The World Orange logos
    • Asking local businesses to hang signs advertising Color The World Orange and leave a basket of orange ribbons on the counter
    • Asking your medical team to display a Color The World Orange pamphlet in its waiting room
    • Speak to your local newspaper or television station to request a story on CRPS/RSD. Visit the Color The World Orange Facebook Page where we will soon post a ‘Build Your Own Press Release’ you can use to reach out to local press
    Color The World Orange was started in 2014 to bring global attention to a disorder that, unfortunately, too few people understand. It is held annually on the first Monday of November to bring together all those affected for one common goal—CRPS/RSD awareness! Let’s show the world that while we are in pain, we are strong.

The fifth-annual Color the World Orange in 2018 was the largest yet with 137 buildings, bridges, and landmarks around the world lit orange to spread awareness of this poorly understood and incredibly debilitating condition. 2018 participants included Niagara Falls, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, and five billboards in Times Square in New York. With your support, we hope to make Color The World Orange 2019 the biggest yet!

For more ideas and to see a list of all buildings set to turn orange for this year’s Color

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  47. Diane Tyler's Mom

48. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'll have to run over to my SIL's apt and get a gander at the orange CN Tower. Love to see Niagara Falls but that's an hour plus away. Its good to see they are now doing something to bring more attention to the condition because it is totally unknown to most folks. Anything that isn't affecting a significant population base tends to end up on the back burner both on the awareness and funding/research front.

I think your physicians are being strong armed by insurance companies because your physicians are being paid for services through them. Here physicians are paid out of the public system but then we have private and/or group insurance for meds, physio, dental etc. until age 65 at which point most drugs are covered after you surpass a fairly low co-pay limit. It has it's good and bad points but it ensures everyone can get medical care when needed and our doctors can prescribe what they deem necessary without the insurance company threatening to cut off payments if the doctor doesn't do their bidding. What I don't understand is how the insurance companies can have power over prescribing meds. Even if all their staff were physicians, which they aren't, there is a code of ethics that says you don't prescribe meds for patients you haven't seen/examined. SO my question is how come the opposite of that doesn't hold up?

I know, you've already thought of all this time and time again. I just get so wigged out by the stupidity of it all. Makes no logical sense at all. :mad::rolleyes:

49. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yep I agree with you about the insurance companies and the doctors

50. Diane Tyler's Mom

51. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sounds good to me! :D

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  52. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK thanks Linda

53. Diane Tyler's Mom

THURSDAY 10-3-19
    AMPS - 157 going with 0.5 on the line

54. Diane Tyler's Mom

Okey dokey catch you later

55. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda
    THURSDAY 10-3-19
    PMPS - 234 .Going with FAT 0.5
    I was shocked when I saw this, I actually got weak in the legs. I tested him again in the other ear and it was 236
    I know I only tested him once today @+2.5 and I gave him a little bit of the Dr Elseys dry, nothing else until now. He ate very well . Do you have any idea what's up
    Do you think I should give him 0.5 Fat? @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  56. MrWorfMen's Mom

Are you sure he didn't get into some contraband of some sort? That is really odd. I'd go with a fat 0.5u for now until we see if this is just a blip or something is up. Is he acting alright otherwise? No constipation, difficulty peeing, eating OK etc.?

57. Diane Tyler's Mom

He is acting perfectly fine, eating , pooping, peeing, even playing , cleaning himself. No he didn't get into any contraband @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  58. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom I know you must be sleeping already just tested Tyler @+2 just so you can see what happened.
    He is 90 @+2 a Drop of 144 points. Just gave him some FF Pate at 11:30 pm
    Trying not to panic, Will re test him in 30 minutes which will be mid night
    Tested @+2.5 its 109 mid night Won't feed and re test in 30 minutes again
    Tested @+3 at 12:30 am was 103 will re test in 30 minutes not going to feed
    Tested @+3.5 at 1:00 am was 107 no food given
    I only got nervous because of such a big drop
    Tested @+5 was 110 he was meowing for food so just gave him very little Dr Elsey's Dry

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  59. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda please read #58 first
    FRIDAY 10-4-19 decided to go with the FAT 0.5
    AMPS - 192 should I go with the FAT 0.5 again?
    I hope Tyler isn't going backwards all of a sudden.
    Now I'm worried @MrWorfMen's Mom
    I decided to go with the FAT 0.5

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  60. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'm wondering now if Tyler bounced from going lower than his usual. Yesterday was one of the few days when you didn't get any tests in after early part of day cycle. Possible Tyler dropped to green and then bounced back up?
    Stick to the 0.5u fat today. If he is dropping off a bit more now, you'll catch it. Have to admit I find it odd he hit 90 by +2 last night. Just monitor and see what he does.

61. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Linda I should have tested him more that day. I got busy through the day and
    forgot about it, Not good on my part, I did just shoot then 0.5 FAT
    When you say its odd he hit 90 by +2 , do you mean because it was so much of a drop that early @MrWorfMen's Mom

62. MrWorfMen's Mom

Exactly. Tyler is notoriously flat usually......no extreme number fluctuations from pre-shot to nadir. He generally drops gently rather than doing a tumble. I quite frankly can't remember him dropping that much in 2 hours before. Might have happened but if it has it's been rare.

63. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know it's never happened, he will be the death of me lol. I know it's not that serious, hope not, its just that he was doing so well and I was getting used to it, so to see that high pre shot through me for a loop @MrWorfMen's Mom

64. MrWorfMen's Mom

I know it's hard but try not to get strung out by one number. It happens. Maybe Tyler heard something or saw something out a window that got him excited. That will raise BG too but only temporarily. That's why it's best never to over react to one number. Sometimes kitty just throws them out there to see if you really are paying attention. ;)

65. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know you are right, I have to stop concentrating on one number.

66. Diane Tyler's Mom

67. Diane Tyler's Mom

68. MrWorfMen's Mom

Agreed. He's still getting decent mid cycle readings despite that higher BG last night. Hoping that was just a one off "thing" to make us scratch our heads! :woot:

69. Diane Tyler's Mom

Me too Linda hoping it was a one time thing, how are you and the kitties . Boy it was pretty cool and windy here today. I wish it would stay around 75 all year round.
    Kiss those babies for me right on their noses for me. When I kiss mine I almost suck
    the breath out of them lol.

70. MrWorfMen's Mom

I will give them all kisses for you right on their wittle noses!

It's cooled off brutally here too. It dropped by some 68 degrees pretty much overnight. BRRRRR! I'm with you on the 75 year round although I admit to liking a little white covering on Xmas day but it should all be gone by New Years day. Let's start a petition. HAHAHAHA!

71. Diane Tyler's Mom

Count me in on that petition lol. I would love to live in the country side some where
    when it snows, like the pictures on the old vintage post cards, so beautiful.
    Heads up I will start a new thread for tomorrow morning. TYLER'S JOURNEY #14