TYLER'S JOURNEY #16

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Why not try the fat 0.5u and see if Tyler will show you some green.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom OK will do I will check in later my friend

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda , I think Tyler loves the color blue lol
    No green today, let's see what tonight brings.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda
    SUNDAY 10-27-19
    AMPS -. 156. Going with 0.5 FAT again

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes, I have curling tonight. Every Sunday now till April.

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom is everything ok , just concerned you haven't been that chatty. Still feeling crappy

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes still a bit crappy. Not sure but think this has now developed into a mild case of shingles. Oh joy oh bliss. In some ways I'm better but still tired. Just seems to be an evolving story. Not much I can do about it now except ride it out. Man this getting old is crap! :rolleyes:

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh crap, my husband had shingles once, not fun, What do you see all those red bumps that look like a rash, where is it on your body. It looks like blisters right? @MrWorfMen's Mom

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

Hard to see because it's a small area on my back just below the waist. Had shingles years ago and mistook it for a case of guttate psoriasis. The pain last time was incredulous. This seems to be a mild case but it's stinging & achy right in a specific dermatome area and shingles seems to be the most obvious explanation. Certainly explains the excessive fatigue.

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yep sounds like them, and the fatigue you have, sorry you got this crap. You are probably sick and tired of feeling shi**y.

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

You hit the nail on the head. I don't deal well with the no energy part. And watching chores pile up is no fun either. Really got to do some laundry and can't seem to get my butt in gear. :p

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

If I lived where you are I would come over and help you. I know when you don't feel well you just sit there and stare at what chores need to be done and sigh. I know you hate going to the doctors but is there anything they can give for the shingles and something for the fatigue, any type of vitamin shots like vitamin B or something like that, don't mean to be a pain in the butt I'll, just want you to start feeling better

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  18. MrWorfMen's Mom

You can take anti virals if you catch it in the first 48 hours but as usual, when the rash first appeared I just took it for psoriasis for what little I could see and feel and I'm well past 48 hours now. Vitamins are not going to help. I just got run down with the cold and then this cropped up. I'll survive.

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK You are one tough lady, and I can see you are one not to complain. Just want you to feel better my friend, wish you didn't have to go out tonight so you can rest some more.
    Will be testing Tyler @+3 which will be 12:45 pm . Usually test @+2 but really doesn't show much. No green last night, damn lol. Maybe today @MrWorfMen's Mom

20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  21. Diane Tyler's Mom

MONDAY 10-28-19 Going with 0.5 on the line
    AMPS - 124. Going with 0.5 SKINNY or 0.5 On the line? I saw on 10-25-19 his AMPS was 126 and we tried 0.5 in the line to see if we could get a green but no luck
    What do ya think @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  22. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you haven't shot yet, I'd try the on the line. He looks like he needs just a smidge more juice to hit green so let's see if you can "urge" him on.

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Linda no haven't shot yet, so I'm going to shoot 0.5 on the line @MrWorfMen's Mom

24. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom this is so strange
    His AMPS which we know was 124 gave 0.5 on the line
    @+2- 127
    @+3-. 141 Fed him some FF Pate he was hungry @MrWorfMen's Mom

25. MrWorfMen's Mom

Interesting! Not sure what to make of that. Are you sure Tyler didn't spot a critter outside or something and get his "prey" instinct revved up?

26. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom no nothing at all. I'm going to test him @+6 or @+7 again just to see what it is after he ate @+3
    Only him with these weird BG'S lol

27. Diane Tyler's Mom

28. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hey Diane ❤️ Happy Monday with your sweet Tyler ❤️ He and Elmo like to keep us on our toes, the little turkeys :smuggrin::rolleyes::cat::cat:

29. MrWorfMen's Mom

What a little scamp! Definitely just trying to give you a bald spot scratching your head!

30. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom you said it, besides losing hair, he has given me a lot more gray hairs lol

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom this day is getting stranger by the hour lol
    Just tested Tyler twice to make sure, he wasn't that hungry but ate enough
    MONDAY 10-28-19
    PMPS - 100 What should I shoot @MrWorfMen's Mom

32. Diane Tyler's Mom

33. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sorry. Was on the phone.
    I think I'd probably take him down to 0.25u for the night. Interesting that he's that low at the end of the cycle. Strange day. Make sure to monitor like you usually do tonight. I'd get a +2.

34. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom That's Ok I was getting nervous lol will do and yes it sure was a strange day . I feel so awful that I didn't know what to do, if I didn't hear back I was either going to do what you suggested or a drop dose. I feel bad that I rely on you so much Just so I remember correctly is a drop dose the same as 0.10? If so would a drop dose be at the bottom of the long line? Do you knoe what I find strange about his @+2 am and his @+2 pm both his numbers went up. They have always gone down, don't you find that weird @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  35. Diane Tyler's Mom

36. MrWorfMen's Mom

At +2 Tyler may still have a bit of a food bump. Try getting a +1 post meal test one day to see how much of a food bump he gets.
    A 0.10u dose would be basically to the zero line on the syringe. A drop dose would be pushing in the plunger at tightly as possible, inserting the needle in the vial and then go to let the vacuum action suck insulin into the needle only....you won't see any of it in the syringe barrel.

37. Diane Tyler's Mom

I will do the @+1 tonight, when you say 0.10 would be to the zero line on the syringe, do you mean at the top of the first long line on the syringe @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Beth 73 likes this.
  38. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yup. The top long line is the zero line.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  39. Beth 73

❤️Diane❤️. You are a fabulous kitty momma to Tyler ❤️. You know far more than you think you do !!! It's so good to know we have Linda hovering too ❤️.

40. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Lady how ya doing, how cess Sunday night
    TUESDAY 10-29-19
    PMPS - 156. Going with 0.5 Fat
    I will do the+1 tonight like you suggested to see how much of a food bump he gets
    #36. Even getting the last 3 way lower pre shots he didn't do much, he is aggravating me Iol @MrWorfMen's Mom

41. MrWorfMen's Mom

Unfortunately Diane you can't force things. You do what you can and look for Tyler to lead this dance. He is in absolutely great numbers, and well regulated,. You need to remember there are are oodles of folks out there who would kill to have such beautiful numbers with their cats.

42. Diane Tyler's Mom

I have to remember that, there are kitty's out there that aren't so fortunate. Just have to put those patience pants on right.I hope you are feeling better

43. MrWorfMen's Mom

Getting there slowly but surely. Still tired but getting lots of naps. Problem is with chores backing up UGGGH! Not sure where to start anymore. :rolleyes:

44. Diane Tyler's Mom

Just do what you can, I know how you must feel about the chores, you just want to get them done, just do one thing at a time.

45. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks Beth and we sure are lucky to have Linda

46. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom I know you must be sawing logs by now, just wanted to let you
    know Tyler's +1 was 151 so I assume thus wasn't much of a food bump , I will check in tomorrow morning @MrWorfMen's Mom

47. Diane Tyler's Mom

48. Diane Tyler's Mom

49. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'm here. Just slow on the draw. Not sure how I missed that. :blackeye: Some kitties get a food decent food bump and others don't. And with Vetsulin onset being so early, it's harder to see the food bump. Good info to know though. Did you check his BG an hour after food or an hour after shot?

50. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey there, I shot at 9:45 pm he had already eaten 30 minutes earlier, then at 10:45 pm is when I did the +1

51. MrWorfMen's Mom

Try checking BG an hour after food intake rather than an hour after shot. Vetsulin onsets so quickly that it could have pushed the food bump down so you didn't see it.

52. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm not understanding, dah lol how can I check an hour after food intake, if I test, feed and then give insulin, then I would check in an hour, Do you mean if I feed him a snack through the day and then check an hour later Do you mean that 151 should have been higher when I tested I'm just not getting it @MrWorfMen's Mom

53. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you feed Tyler, his BG should rise by 30 minutes or so after the food. So if you test him, feed him and then test again 30 minutes to an hour after he finished eating (that would be just about shot time or 30 minutes after), you should see a food bump. Does that explain better?

54. Diane Tyler's Mom

You are going to kill me, so let's say for tonight
    Test him first like usual
    Now I would feed him as usual
    Now test him 30 minutes after he's done eating and see what it is
    Now I would then give him his insulin
    Is this correct @MrWorfMen's Mom

55. MrWorfMen's Mom

Just do what you usually do but get another test at the same time as his shot and you'll be golden.:)

56. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK so just test him again right before I give him his insulin @MrWorfMen's Mom

57. Diane Tyler's Mom

You probably feel like You are talking to a brick wall lol , so it's like I will be seeing 2 pre shot numbers and if that's so which pre shot number would I go by for deciding on how much insulin to shoot, I know your head must be spinning right now lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  58. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom OK first see #57 please
    OK WEDNESDAY 10-30-19
    PMPS -157
    He just finished eating at 8:50 pm
    So I will test 30 minutes again which will be at 9:20 pm
    and see how much of a food bump correct?
    Then will shoot
    I assume shoot 0.5 FAT @MrWorfMen's Mom

59. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes on all fronts. It will be interesting to see if Tyler gets a food bump or not and if he does, how much.

60. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK got it, now I understand, next question lol When I test him again what BG number should I put on his spread sheet and go by @MrWorfMen's Mom

61. MrWorfMen's Mom

Put the first BG test in the PMPS box and the food test in +1. Make a note over in comments so you know what you did. The second test is just for info purposes and not relevant to his what's happening from the insulin shot.

62. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK going to test right now it's been 30 minutes. Drum Roll
    It's 184 Going to shoot 0.5 FAT @MrWorfMen's Mom

63. MrWorfMen's Mom

Ok so now you know he gets roughly a 30 point boost from a full meal. I ever you need to boost his numbers up, you can use that info for whether to just feed a little or go for higher carb food etc.

64. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK totally understand, wait until you hear what he is doing now, never in my life
    Let's say I open a new can of FF Pate , I put it in his flat dish and he eats it, about a little more than 1/2 a can
    Now some will be left so I cover the dish and leave it out for the next feeding
    I open another can and add some to the dish that has some left in it, add a little water.
    He will not eat it he walks away.
    This is going on for the last 3 days.
    So now I thought to myself let me get the can that I just opened which is about 3/4 of the way full and just bring the can over to him and hold it to his mouth, do you know he eats almost the whole can. Now come on
    It seems like he only likes a fresh can now .
    If I don't feed him a lot of snacks through the day though and let him get good and hungry then he will eat the left overs and what I add to it from a new opened can
    I try to feed him his last snack no later than say 5 or 5:30 in the afternoon
    I really don't have a set time for feeding him in between cycles.
    Have you ever heard of such nonsense.
    What does he think I am going to open a fresh can every time for him.
    I have never heard of a cat like this in my life
    From now on he is just have to get good and hungry and that's that lol
    I would be throwing out cans of food like crazy and already thrown food out @MrWorfMen's Mom

65. Diane Tyler's Mom

66. MrWorfMen's Mom

Tyler is not as unique as you think. I have 3 of them all of whom will on occasion pull the same damn trick. I have the luxury of saying, that's the offer take it or leave it now but it was a royal pain when Menace was on insulin and I needed her to eat and on a schedule. I don't envy you the problem. It darn near drove me nuts at times. Menace is fussy enough to start with and there were times I had 3 or 4 cans of food open at one time. My kitchen looked like a dinner for a kennel rather than a home with multiple dishes on the floor etc. I quite honestly found and still find, the feeding is almost the worst part of this diabetes.

67. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh my lord, 3 or 4 cans of open food. I agree with you about feeding being the worst
    part, like you said If Tyler wasn't diabetic I would say take it or leave it.
    Yes it's 3:45 am and I'm still up watching TV, so I have been testing Tyler more than
    usual, god is that all I think about lol. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning
    and have to be out of here by 9:45 so no way is Tyler going to get any food until
    9:00. Let him get good and hungry. Remember when I told you he is afraid of air freshener cans, so I am sleeping with that cancan right next to me so that when he starts crying between 5:00 and 6:30 out comes the can, I must sound like a horrible mom, but he is getting out of control with wanting dry food around that time.
    I just have to make sure he eats tomorrow morning @MrWorfMen's Mom
    Will post his numbers on his SS if you want to see how he did last night , talk to you tomorrow

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  68. Diane Tyler's Mom

69. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'm off to get my snow tires put on car.:) Will check in when I get home.

70. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok let me know what you thought of his numbers from last night since I tested a lot more @MrWorfMen's Mom

71. MrWorfMen's Mom

I can't believe how flat Tyler's numbers are. I wonder if increasing a bit to 0.75u might push him into some green. Of course this would be something to do on a day cycle when you can monitor as much as is needed. He's never that high at PS but he also isn't dropping much. Something to think about.

72. Beth 73

Good morning, Diane and Tyler ❤️ Sending hugs and prayers to your day ❤️

73. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom I know, I will see what is AMPS is tomorrow and then let you know to see if we can try 0.75
    Now just got home and checked him at +3 and it was 101 @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  74. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Beth, how did Elmo do last night @Beth 73

Beth 73 likes this.
  75. Beth 73

He went high over night so we stuck with the 1.25 they have the blues and some greens . We shall see what today brings ❤️ Sending prayers for a beautiful rest of your Thursday , Diane ❤️ Scritches to sweet Tyler :cat:

76. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda
    THURSDAY 10-31-19
    PMPS - 169 Going with FAT 0.5 @MrWorfMen's Mom
    Will see tomorrow morning about shooting 0.75 depending on his AMPS

77. Diane Tyler's Mom

FRIDAY 11-1-19
    AMPS - 141. Going with FAT 0.5
    Think I should stay with the 0.5 on the line
    We did talk about trying 0.75 or should I try a Fat 0.5 #71 @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  78. MrWorfMen's Mom

Try the fat 0.5u today and see what he does.

79. Diane Tyler's Mom

Okee Dokee Fat it is lol. If the BG was much higher like last night
    I guess we could have tried the 0.75 @MrWorfMen's Mom

80. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes, I'd wait till Tyler has a higher PS to try the 0.75u dose.

81. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yep I agree, going to run tons of errands, ugh I will check in later my friend @MrWorfMen's Mom

82. Beth 73

Happy Friday , Diane ❤️ Sending prayers that this is a very special day at your house :bighug:

83. Diane Tyler's Mom

Same to you Beth

84. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Tyler and his brother Perry send their love to you and Menace, Worf and Myster. I couldn't resist lol
    IMG_20191101_190443.jpg

Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  85. Diane Tyler's Mom

86. Diane Tyler's Mom

Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  87. MrWorfMen's Mom

Thank you Diane. Those pics are absolutely adorable. I love ginger kitties and your boys have beautiful markings and their faces just beg to be smooched. :joyful:

Beth 73 and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  88. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom awe they both said thank you Auntie Linda
    FRIDAY 11-1-19. Went with the 0.5 on the line
    PMPS - 126. Since it a night cycle how about 0.5 on the line or do you think I should push it to a FAT 0.5 @MrWorfMen's Mom poor Perry laying next to Tyler looks like he is malnourished lol I wound up going with the 0.5 on the line.
    Will talk to you in the am

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  89. MrWorfMen's Mom

I would have done likewise. I hate messing with night cycles. :)

90. Diane Tyler's Mom

Glad you agree, I will talk to you in the am, I hope you are feeling better. Saw me some good logs oil @MrWorfMen's Mom

91. Diane Tyler's Mom

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  92. Diane Tyler's Mom

93. Beth 73

Diane ! Your boys are gorgeous and those pics from yesterday are awesome ❤️ Just too handsome ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sending prayers for a special Saturday ❤️ I prob won't be on Board much this weekend as we work getting the basement cleared out and back together for Thanksgiving fam overnight ...we put the cousins down here and right now there is no " down here" to put them in :woot::woot::woot: Scritches to Tyler and Perry ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

94. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Beth 73 hey Beth the boys say thank you, sometimes I go crazy taking pics
    you are too funny saying right now there is no down here lol, kisses to Elmo

95. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey girl
    SATURDAY 11-2-19
    PMPS - 152. Going with 0.5 FAT
    I know you won't be around tomorrow night, but just wondering do you change your clocks back one our also @MrWorfMen's Mom

96. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes unfortunately we do the time change. I assume you do likewise. Remember too that I won't be home till between 9:30 and 10pm tomorrow night so if there is a big question of any sort might be a good idea to post in the Health forum using a "?" mark to designate you need help. Otherwise, you know how to keep Tyler on the straight and narrow. :D

97. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yepper so the 0.5 FAT tonight is OK. We are on the same time zones right, its 9:46 hear now @MrWorfMen's Mom

98. Diane Tyler's Mom

99. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda noticed you were on
    Just tested Tyler @+3 was 88 gave him some Dr Elsey's dry, not much though, I will re test him in 30 minutes? I know it would have been better to fed the FF Pate LC but he wouldn't eat it Tested @+4 - 100 did not feed. Tested @+5 - 131 he haunted me for food so up just gave him one teaspoon FF Pate @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  100. MrWorfMen's Mom

YEAH FOR GREEN! Now SURF Tyler SURF!:) I am about to hit the sack. This is the latest I've stayed up in ages and I hope I'm not toast tomorrow. :nailbiting: