TYLER'S JOURNEY #7

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Good stuff! Let's see what he does tonight!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

FRIDAY 7-26-19. Morning Linda
    AMPS - 157 going with skinny 0.75 @MrWorfMen's Mom

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

Okey dokey! :joyful:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok, I would be nice if they made syringes with all markings, 0.25, then 0.5 and then 0.75 . Have a good day and I'll chat with you later:cat:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Linda how was your day?
    FRIDAY 7-26-19
    PMPS - 180 I plan on going with the skinny 0.75 to see if we could get a green, what do you think @MrWorfMen's Mom

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

Nothing special today and it's warming up again something fierce. How about you?

Good choice on the dose. :D

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes it's going to get very warm again this weekend and next week, my day was so exciting , I went to the supermarket for cat food lol. I posted a question about the FF Chicken Pate, when Tyler eats , of course I add water , then I have to get my finger and mush it up really good to get all the lumps out for him, when doing this I felt something hard, so I took it out and it looked like a small bone, but it was probably cartilage, it's all the time , so I decided to bite on it to see if it was really hard, lol, it broke up right away, the food just feels so gritty when I mush it with my finger. Tyler doesn't really like to chew it so I have to mush it up. But put a dish of Dr Elseys in front of him and he chews away lol. I really went to the store to get me the cat food lol.
    Other than that did some cleaning, fried up some chicken cutlets, made red potato salad and had to make macaroni for my dad, he doesn't like chicken cutlets, God forbid he gets a vein , he won't eat them. He lives with my sister, but eats dinner with me every night. I actually hate to cook, really, I tell them to eat a bowl of cereal. Lol
    Ashley is sleeping , Tyler snoring away and Perry is just laying around. I'm watching TV Everybody Loves Raymond. Later I'll look for a movie to watch

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

Your day sounds as about as exciting as mine. I transferred kitty litter from bags into buckets so a certain little mischief maker (whose name says it all) doesn't scratch and chew the bags and leave litter all over the basement floor :woot: as well as some cooking for my old guy and some cleaning. Real exciting and none of it particularly entertaining. Gonna cuddle up with my old guy and probably turn in early tonight so I can hopefully enjoy some cooler very early morning air tomorrow before it gets too hot. Sweet dreams!

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Sweet dreams to you too, and you must be talking about Menace lol. Gotta love them

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

SATURDAY 7-27-19
    AMPS - 174 going with 0.75 skinny. His pre shots have been higher the last few times, it seems like hesh going backwards @MrWorfMen's Mom

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

While you may think they are going up, they are all within 20% meter variance so I wouldn't worry about it. The fact that he is sitting in pretty much blue range all day with the odd green thrown in is an absolutely wonderful achievement! Lots of folks never get their cats that well regulated. :D

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok , I won't stress about lol, you know me. I'll go with the 0.75 skinny. Just went outside and it's already hot and humid. Stay cool and I will check in later. :cat:

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

SATURDAY 7-27-19 hi Linda
    PMPS - 187. Going with skinny 0.75 @MrWorfMen's Mom

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

SUNDAY 7-28-19 morning Linda
    AMPS 151. Going with skinny 0.75 @MrWorfMen's Mom

17. MrWorfMen's Mom

Let's see what Tyler can do. Come on Tyler! You'd look good in a bit of dark green! :D

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

I can count on you to always make me smile, he better put on his outfit for St Patrick's Day lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

SUNDAY 7-28-2019
    PMPS - 173 going with skinny 0.75 , this boy better show me a dark green again.
    Maybe blue is his favorite color, lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

20. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well then I guess we just have to convince him that green really is his colour! LOL! He'll get there and if he doesn't soon, then you can increase his dose a tiny bit.

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok , if he doesn't soon I'll talk to you about it when the time comes. It's so hard to eye the 0.75 skinny, it's like I'm almost down to the one unit mark. Oh well I'll worry about it when and if we decide to increase it. I'll talk to you later, have a good night

22. Diane Tyler's Mom

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda just tested Tyler
    MONDAY 7-29-19
    PMPS - 157
    Tested him at 8:45 pm He doesn't want to eat yet, I put it in front of him and he just walks away, I put it on my finger and put it on his lips and he will lick it and walks away.. He getting on my nerves now lol. He did this last night also. He seems fine, playing, cleaning himself, nothing out of the ordinary.
    The latest I have shot was 9:45 pm.
    I'll try to feed him again around 9:45 pm , what do you think the latest I can shoot @MrWorfMen's Mom

24. MrWorfMen's Mom

You can shoot as late as you want but it will change when you can shoot tomorrow so it's up to you to decide. Are you sure it's not just Tyler being a cat and he's decided he doesn't like what's on the menu tonight? :p

25. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom ok he just ate, shooting at 10.:00 pm which should be ok.
    Going with skinny 0.75 again.
    I've always given him chicken flavor, maybe I'll get a different flavor to see if this happens again.
    Maybe beef Pate, I see they have beef and chicken Pate, or liver and chicken Pate. Don't want anything with fish @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  26. MrWorfMen's Mom

It's fine to switch up flavours but keep watch for any that might cause BG to spike more than others. I saw someone here report that beef flavour (plain beef I think) caused higher BG for their cat. Probably not a common thing but something to keep an eye on for future reference.

27. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes I saw that also, I'm not taking any chances, lol even though it might not happen. If anything I might try the chicken and liver if need be.
    Yeah @+2.5 (which was 12:30 am)Tyler's BG was 99 fed him some FF Chicken and he ate it up, going to test him one more time +6 which will be 4:00 am. Yes I'm still up @MrWorfMen's Mom ok +6 was 134

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  28. Diane Tyler's Mom

29. MrWorfMen's Mom

You must be one tired kitty Mama this morning. Hope you caught some ZZZZ's sometime last night. Glad to see that green showing up again. Let's see what the little guy can do today!

30. Diane Tyler's Mom

I was so happy to see the green. Went to bed at 4 am. Just fed Tyler, he's done , so just waiting to shoot. I would go back to sleep for awhile but I have a few errands to do and it's already almost 90 degrees, so I want to go as soon as I can. What are you up to today @MrWorfMen's Mom

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda just checking in
    TUESDAY 7-30-19
    PMPS - 160 shooting 0.75 skinny
    What did you do today anything interesting, was way too hot and humid

32. MrWorfMen's Mom

No nothing much. Went to the pet store to pick up Miss Fussy Pants' food and did some chores around the house and kept an eye on 3 kitties who all thought today was a good day to either reward or scare their pet Mommies with green numbers. No horribly scary numbers but low enough to scare their CGs. Hopefully they will all behave themselves tonight.

How about your day? Did you do anything exciting? It was hot here today too but is supposed to cool off considerably tonight so tomorrow should be nice.

ETA forgot....I played with a cute little Rottweiler puppy in the pet store parking lot and the little monkey got excited and ended up peeing on my hand while rolling over for belly rubs! YUCK but funny! Gotta love 'em!

33. Diane Tyler's Mom

Lol you were showered on today by the puppy. All I did today was go to the supermarket for a few things. You are so amazing to all of us keeping an eye on our kitties. No green tonight for Tyler.
    A funny story, when I was in my early 20's my brother found a stray, probably was around 5 or 6 yrs old. So friendly , so my mom kept him and named him Oliver.
    He would follow you if you took a walk around the block.
    So one day my husband was going to work , we lived next door to my mom.
    He left and came back in about 5 minutes, tells me that he as driving to the luncheonette to get his coffee , it was only 3 blocks away.
    People were blowing their horns at him and pointing.
    He gets to the store and gets out of the car and who's sitting on top of the vinyl roof, Oliver. He had his nails dug into the vinyl roof.
    My husband had to put him back in the car and drive him home.
    It was hysterical. He was such a good cat. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Sweet dreams @MrWorfMen's Mom

34. MrWorfMen's Mom

That is hysterical. What a cat! But it also sends shivers through me thinking about what could have happened if your hubby had headed for the freeway!

35. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

back when I was living in Seattle, there was a fellow who rode a bicycle past, every day

he wore a backpack full of whatever

and his cat was perched on top of the backpack, scenting the air, looking quite comfortable

36. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know , Oliver used to let my daughter push him in a baby carriage that was for dolls when she was little. It was hysterical, cars would pass by and stop to take a look and see this big cat stuffed in a doll carriage just looking around. . I miss him so.
    Ok Tested Tyler
    WEDNESDAY 7-31-19
    AMPS - 175 going with skinny 0.75 @MrWorfMen's Mom

37. Diane Tyler's Mom

Lol what these crazy kitties do

38. MrWorfMen's Mom

At the marina where we kept our boat years ago, there was a couple living on their houseboat for the summer. They had a cat they would take for walks around the marina on a leash. It was so funny to watch people walk by and do a double take. Kitty loved her walkies!

39. Diane Tyler's Mom

I could imagine people doing double takes ,

40. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hi Linda
    PMPS - 141 I looked at previous PMPS that were 141, 140 and 139 and we went with 0.5 on the line. Think I should go with this or maybe a fat 0.5 or stay with the skinny 0.75.
    I'LL take a guess and see if you agree 0.5 on the line @MrWorfMen's Mom

41. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes on night cycles, I tend to take the conservative path. I agree with your choice. We need our beauty sleep as much as our kitties do!

42. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you Linda, I actually didn't feel like staying up all night with him.I need more than beauty sleep, I need a full over haul lol.
    Did you happen to watch the movie on Saturday night called V.C. Andrews Heaven. Its a 5 part movie series. It will be on every Saturday night. It was written by V.C. Andrews the same woman who wrote Flowers In the Attic , that one was in 3 parts. Heaven was soooo good . It's on the channel Lifetime here. I don't know if you get that channel there @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  43. MrWorfMen's Mom

No didn't see it. Not even sure if it was on here. We don't always get the same programming as you. Always drove me nuts when folks in the US were watching the kitten bowl pre SuperBowl and I couldn't get it. What network was the movie on?

My favourite series right now is the Handmaid's Tale on Bravo on Sunday nights. It's haunting because it's based on horrible stuff that has happened somewhere in the world at some point in history wound into this tale of a very religious & authoritarian state post nuclear war that has rendered a large part of the population unable to procreate. This has lead them to create a very "class" based society with some women basically turned into baby makers. Interesting to watch in a time when we now have things like the Me too movement happening.

44. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes the kitten bowl is so cute. The movie is on Lifetime. I heard about the Handmaid's Take. I will have to start watching it.

45. MrWorfMen's Mom

I don't get Lifetime here. :blackeye: Picking up on the Handmaid's Tale in the 3rd season probably wouldn't make much sense to you. It's one of those series you really have to follow from the beginning to grasp what's happening and all the nuances. I think the whole series is available on Hulu. The series is based on the book by Margaret Atwood if you are into reading. The author has been writing sequels to her original book exclusively for the series. Don't know if she plans to publish a sequel in print.

46. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda
    I can probably get the first and second seasons on demand hete. I will have to check
    Tested Tyler
    THURSDAY 8-1-19
    AMPS - 136 would you say 0.5 on the line or skinny 0.5 @MrWorfMen's Mom

47. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think I'd go skinny on this one. AMPS is lower than any of last night's readings so not sure what he might have up his sleeve for today.

48. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok thanks Linda, hoping his pre shots start to go down again like they did awhile ago.
    I will talk to you later ok? @MrWorfMen's Mom

49. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda how ya doing
    THURSDAY 8-1-19
    PMPS - 149 will go with 0.5 on the line

50. Diane Tyler's Mom

FRIDAY 8-2-19
    AMPS - 177 going with skinny 0.75
    Missed talking with you last night

51. MrWorfMen's Mom

Wasn't online last night. Had a phone call about a friend in WI passing and didn't get off the phone until well after shot time.

52. Diane Tyler's Mom

Sorry to hear that Linda, are you ok?

53. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes I'm fine...just sad. It was a bit of a shock and of course news like that brings back all sorts of memories that seem bitter sweet right now. I've known him since 1988 when we first attended the World Muskie Hunt in WI. He was one of the fishing guides and close friends with the first couple we became fast friends with. We became very good friends with 6 couples in WI and their families and we'd all get together whenever we visited. Haven't been to WI since DH passed so it's been awhile but we still stayed in touch periodically and of course at Xmas.
    Just seems every time I turn around now, someone else passes on. This getting older business sometimes sucks big time!

54. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm so sorry Linda, and yes this getting old business really sucks big time. I'm 63 and I can't believe how many of my classmates have passed away. Some that were in there 30's, 40's , 50's and just recently. Our graduating class of 1974 high school has a page and every time someone passes it posted on the group. Our 45th class reunion is coming up in a couple of months. Don't know if I will be able to go. Sometimes that's all I think about is dying. Morbid right? Time flys so fast. When you were in high school you never thought about that and couldn't wait to graduate. I wish I was back in high school. Talk to you later my dear friend, big hugs @MrWorfMen's Mom

55. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well I have to admit I have no desire whatsoever to go back to high school. Hated it big time.....but I'd certainly go back to my 20s and nursing school days. Lots more fun than high school! It's funny how time starts flying by the older you get. I don't think you can escape thinking about dying from time to time because we are all mortals and when someone passes it just makes that part of our existence all the more inevitable and "real".

Oh well enough of the morbid stuff. The weather here is supposed to be great this weekend and I intend to enjoy it while it lasts. Plan to spend some time meditating by my pond listening to the waterfall! It's so peaceful and calming.

Wish I could take the kitties out with me but we have coyotes in the area. Someone walking their dog on Wednesday came up the huge hill from the park across the road from my house (a moderately tough climb) proclaiming he had to come out of the park that way because coyotes were down there and out in broad daylight.:nailbiting: Scary enough I won't chance taking my cats out as my backyard is not fenced in well enough to keep coyotes out. Myster doesn't need a leash. He doesn't move fast or go far but Menace is an escape artist and has been known to slip out of her harness and she runs. Worf thankfully has no desire to venture outdoors even in my arms. I might take Myster out for a bit but I think Miss Menace is staying put in the AC. I can't possibly watch both of them at the same time. I also have to watch for hawks. Had one swoop down on Myster out back but that was when he was huge. He's lost muscle mass in his old age and isn't nearly as formidable looking now so I will have to be very vigilant.:rolleyes: I had to stop feeding the birds because I kept finding carcasses from their kills in my backyard. YUCK!

56. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I'll even settle for my 20's lol. That does sound very peaceful listening to the waterfall. Menace sounds like a real character. Oh my God hawks, poor Myster. Coyotes ,wow. One time I was talking a walk around the block yrs ago and Oliver my mom's cat was walking with me, a blue jay kept swooping down on him. Nasty birds.
    I had to pick him up and run, the damn bird wouldn't stop. When your garden is all done , send me a pic ok
    Tested Tyler
    FRIDAY 8-2-19
    PMPS - 151 do you think I should push it to fat 0.5 or stay with 0.5 on the line?
    His numbers were pretty good this afternoon , wouldn't you say? @MrWorfMen's Mom

57. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think I'd push it to the fat dose. He's not been hitting any green and it would be nice to get him back there. His numbers are good but they've been a tad better.

LOL with the blue jay. They can be very demanding birds. We used to have blue jays galore here when we first moved in. Thought they'd drive me nuts with their squawking but we got used to them. We'd put peanuts out for them, the cardinals and red winged black birds and if we forgot those blue jays would sit on the deck screaming till the peanuts appeared! T
    The hawks are beautiful. Had a red tail sitting on the deck railing one day but man the size of those guys is scary! Usually we get smaller sharp shinned hawks but occasionally it's the big guys.
    The pond is overgrown this year. I have to get someone in to clean it out perhaps in the fall or next spring. I'll find a picture of my zen place and post it for you.

58. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok Going to go with the fat 0.5
    I wish I would see some green also. Yeah his numbers were much better in the past. He better get with the program lol. I'll talk to you later, going to go give him his insulin now @MrWorfMen's Mom

59. Diane Tyler's Mom

SATURDAY 8-3-19
    AMPS - 198 went with skinny 0.75
    Tyler is not getting with the program lol. I will talk to you later and enjoy sitting outside and listening to the waterfalls

60. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda
    A question as you can see Tyler 198 AMPS and I shot 0.75 skinny.
    We stopped feeding @+1 when we wanted to see if it would slow down the quick drops he had a couple of times. It did , if you can look at the dates from 7-13, 7-14, 7-15 and 7-17. It did slow it down but he only got in the green once.
    Then I stopped doing it because it didn't seem to slow the drop down, it was also the same units I gave , just like this morning.

Now this morning which was 198 , gave skinny 0.75
    @+3- 94 so I fed him FF Pate
    @+5 - 107 I didn't feed him anything
    My question is if I didn't feed him @+3 , he probably would have continued to drop, I know you might now be able to answer this which I understand
    That was a pretty big drop @+3 , dropped 104 points
    How can I word this, don't we want to see greens across the board?
    Or do we want to see greens and very low blues in a cycle
    Are we waiting for a low pre shot for 14 days to see if he might be in remission or just needs a very low dose at pre shot.
    I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at and understood when do you think I should test him again @MrWorfMen's Mom

61. MrWorfMen's Mom

While the ultimate goal for everyone is remission, not everyone is going to get there but the longer through each cycle we can keep our kitties in good BG range the better and the greater the chances of getting to that ultimate goal.

Vetsulin often doesn't last a full 12 hours in cats and for many cats, they drop quickly/a lot in the first few hours of the cycle and by 10 hours the effect of the insulin is virtually gone so BG zooms back up to higher range. Tyler tends to have a much smoother and even cycle than most cats on Vetsulin. He also tends to get better duration. It's not often I've seen a cat getting as nice a curve as Tyler on Vetsulin.

With your AT2 meter, high green or low blue numbers are great (roughly by my estimation based on my dual testing human with AT2, 125 or less) and what you want as your ultimate goal for as long through each cycle as possible and quite frankly Tyler is very close. With Vetsulin and the AT2 meter, your chances of ever seeing totally green readings are slim because you don't want his BG going too low because it will be a struggle to get him back up and keep him up. That 94 and 107 today are virtually the same reading and both are great readings. The drop from 198 to 94 over 3 hours really isn't bad at all. I've seen cats on Vetsulin drop 100 points in an hour. The food may have slowed down his drop a bit but you want the insulin to have something to work with because if the drop keeps going quickly, he'd probably just zoom back up that much quicker and possibly more than he usually does.

If you want to push for slightly lower numbers you can raise the dose a smidge and see what he does. There is no way of knowing if an increased dose would drop BG too much/too fast or if it would lengthen the time spent in the high greens unless you try. Normal range numbers on the AT2 are 68 to 150 (IDEXX labs says top of normal is 175) so when you look at Tyler's overall numbers, by either scale, he isn't out of normal range very long through each cycle. He's doing great in my opinion.

62. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    Ok , I feel so good about you saying it's not quite often that you've seen a cat getting as nice a curve as Tyler on Vetsulin. About pushing for slightly lower numbers, I think I will continue with what we have been doing and taking your great advice.
    Ok here we go
    SATURDAY 8-3-19
    PMPS - 125 going with 0.10
    The lowest pre shot I have seen was on 7-4-19 in the morning was 133 and we shot 0.25 then
    What do you suggest for tonight.
    I was shocked to see this 125 BG tonight, I was pleased and said good boy Tyler lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  63. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well isn't Tyler being a good boy tonight! The very suggestion of a dosecrease seems to get them every time! LOL!
    I think if this was on a day cycle I might give the 0.25u but it's not and since sometimes these furballs go lower at night, I'm going to suggest you back it off to 0.10u. Draw up the insulin to the zero line on the syringe which is the very first longer line right at the top of the barrel where the needle joins. If this is not clear, let me know.

64. Diane Tyler's Mom

Going to look at the syringe right now

65. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom ok I see it, even though it will look like nothing is in the syringe lol, I'm going to do it now , Tyler is due for the shot

66. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yup it will look like there isn't anything there but there is and we call it 0.10u. :p

67. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok , do you think I should test him @+2 now, or @+3 @MrWorfMen's Mom

68. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom when you said this
    The food may have slowed down his drop a bit but you want the insulin to have something to work with because if the drop keeps going quickly, he'd probably just zoom back up that much quicker and possibly more than he usually does. #61 I don't understand , so it was a good thing I fed him @+3 when it was 94 or should have not given any food and tested him an hour later , sorry I don't get it lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

69. MrWorfMen's Mom

Since this is the lowest preshot for awhile (I shudder when I look at the first line on your spreadsheet....6u at pre-shot of 118! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: ) I'd check him at +2.

70. MrWorfMen's Mom

It was a good thing to feed him at +3. Look at it this way. There is glucose circulating all the time. When kitty eats, the amount of glucose circulating increases. The insulin is working whether kitty eats or not so if kitty doesn't eat, the insulin causes the circulating glucose to go down and if it goes down too fast or a lot the cat's defence system kicks into action and pours more glucose into the bloodstream causing a bounce to even higher numbers. Feeding gives the insulin something to work on and keeps the BG more stable so the nice greens and low blues last longer.

71. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know , so do I , when I take Perry in to my vet this Thursday I thought about telling her about this and bringing in everything I have written down. I have a book and write everything down , just like I do on his SS. I'm going to say it nicely that Tyler wouldn't have such great success already if it wasn't for this forum and you. I am going to say imagine if I still kept following the instructions you gave me at the very beginning, that your other vet said to follow. Oh boy do I shudder also. Ok will check @+2 @MrWorfMen's Mom

72. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I understand, just takes me awhile lol

73. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Linda every time I try to put the 0.10 u on his SS it comes out 0.1. The 0 at the end disappears when I go to the next box to enter the BG later. Also please look at #71 just in case you missed it, thanks @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  74. MrWorfMen's Mom

On the spreadsheet, right under the word DATA on the text menu at the top, there is .00 with an arrow under it. Select the cell with .1 and then click on that .00 and it should change it to 0.10.

It certainly wouldn't hurt and might help another cat to point out to the vet that Tyler was being seriously overdosed but don't be surprised if they just figure his condition improved and their dosing advice was not a problem. There are a number of folks here who say if they had continued to follow their vet's advice their cat wouldn't be here any longer. Sad but true.

75. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom I'm going to tell her that I didn't follow their instructions and show them what I have been doing with his dosing, I'll try to put the 0.10 in now, wish me luck, you know me and instructions lol

76. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom I don't see the word DATA, I told you I would have trouble lol

77. MrWorfMen's Mom

Right under the file name "Tyler's Pet Meter Spreadsheet" don't you see a menu with "File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Data, Tools, Add-Ons, Help"?

78. Diane Tyler's Mom

Can't find the word DATA yet, it's not on my tablet lol @MrWorfMen's Mom
    No ok I see Tyler's Pet Meter Spreadsheet , but under that all I see is the letters A, B, C, D, etc

79. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh darn I forgot you are using the tablet. My tablet is charging so I can't check for how to do it there right now so I'll fix the cell for you.

80. MrWorfMen's Mom

81. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks , I just saw you filled it in for me, what if I have to do it again? I did notice a couple of times when I went to fix something and hit the square that I wanted to fix a few words came up like insert, and a few more words but can't remember what they were @MrWorfMen's Mom I'm wrong I just tapped on the +2 square and tapped it twice, what comes up is a white line above it and says cut.copy. paste. comment and note

82. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'll check the tablet and let you know how to fix it yourself tomorrow. I can't remember off hand where the decimal formatting is on the tablet menus.
    That white line with cut copy past etc. is normal but that's not what you need.

83. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok no problem at all, no rush , I'll be testing Tyler in 5 minutes @+2 I can't wait to see what it is @MrWorfMen's Mom Boy you should hear the thunder here right now, it's going to pour

84. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom if you are still up and see this , here is when I am not sure to feed him or not @+2 - 112 do I feed him at this number

85. MrWorfMen's Mom

You can or you can wait till +3 as usual. That really isn't much of a drop yet.

86. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok will do thanks a lot

87. Diane Tyler's Mom

SUNDAY 8-4-19
    AMPS - 129 0.10 again
    He is really shocking me with these 2 low pre shots, in a good way

88. MrWorfMen's Mom

Those are beautiful pre-shots. I was expecting him to drop a bit more last night but it seems he just coasted along in some great numbers.

89. Diane Tyler's Mom

Do I go with the 0.10 u again and I thought he would have dropped more also is so would you put it on his SS for me? @MrWorfMen's Mom

90. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes I'd do the 0.10u again till we see how today goes. I'll fix the SS.

91. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks so much Linda , appreciate it and so does Tyler lol , thanks again for filling it in lol will talk later @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  92. MrWorfMen's Mom

SS done. Got to go grab the tablet and see if I can find the decimal point thingy on it. :bookworm:

93. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok no problem, thanks again

94. MrWorfMen's Mom

Here's how to fix the decimal point on the tablet.

Select the cell you want to type in.
    Tap the "A" with the lines beside it in the upper right part of the screen.
    Select "Cell".
    Scroll menu until you see Decimal places.
    Tap the arrow on the right to add a decimal place.

95. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I will try it now just did a test and it worked, thanks so much , you are AWESOME! @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  96. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hi Linda first of all thank you for telling me how to put the 0.10 on the SS , I tried it and I did it.
    SUNDAY 8-4-19
    PMPS - 150 do you think 0.10 yet or 0.25, or a skinny 0.25 if there is such a thing, I guess there is , dumb question right? Guess he didn't drop a bit more either today @MrWorfMen's Mom

97. MrWorfMen's Mom

You've given a skinny 0.75u at 151 before without any adverse reaction so I think 0.10 or even a skinny 0.25u is not going to get Tyler where you want him to be. I'd go with a fat 0.50 or a skinny 0.75u tonight. Seems 0.10u doesn't move his numbers much at all.

98. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yeah I can see that, I'm going to go with skinny 0.75 tonight and of course will monitor him. I should have looked at past BG like I usually do, but this time I don't know why I didn't, I'll catch you later my friend, oh did you sit by your pind this weekend and relax and take Myster out for a bit @MrWorfMen's Mom

99. MrWorfMen's Mom

No pond sitting yet. Tomorrow I plan to take some time to enjoy it and perhaps treat Myster to some outdoor time.:) It's a holiday weekend here!

100. Diane Tyler's Mom

Civic Holiday, I just looked it up, and read about it @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019