TYLER'S JOURNEY #9

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom Hey Linda I will be testing Tyler around 8-8:30 pm
    Then I will post it. This morning looks like the Vetsulin is lasting pretty long for him
    His AMPS was 163 and went with the skinny 0.75 and @+2 126 around @+4.5 he had a good amount of FF, he was hungry
    So I didn't test him until a+9 it was 125, that was at 6:45 pm
    So it looks like the Vetsulin is lasting pretty long which is pretty good, right?
    I will post his PMPS at 8:30 the latest @MrWorfMen's Mom

Hey Linda just tested Tyler
    SUNDAY 8-18-19
    PMPS - 148 do you think I can shoot skinny 0.75 or stay with the Fat 0.5 tonight @MrWorfMen's Mom
    I'm going with the Skinny 0.75 tonight

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

He's still got room to come down a wee bit so yiu can try th skinny 0.75u and see what he does.He'definitely getting good duration so lets see if he can give us a little more dark green wuthout any drama!

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok going with Skinny 0.75.Lol I couldn't think of the word duration, thanks. How hot is it by you, today it was 94, felt like 100, same for tomorrow. How are all the kitties doing. I miss talking to you about other things besides our kitties @MrWorfMen's Mom

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

On my tablet at the moment because a certain little girl stole my office chair! Will respond more shortly when she gets up to eat. Yup she's spoiled! LOL!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Good Morning Linda
    MONDAY 8-19-19
    AMPS - 165. Shooting Skinny 0.75
    Catch you later :cat:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Hi Linda
    MONDAY 8-19-19
    PMPS - 134 do you think I should go with a Fat 0.5 or do you think a Skinny 0.75 might be to much for a night cycle
    Tyler will just not give me a green! The last green was 8-14-19 night cycle @MrWorfMen's Mom

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think that depends on your ability/willingness to test tonight should it be necessary although if I had to guess, I don't think the skinny 0.75u is going to result in a PJ party.

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

I will be able to test him all night, I am going with the Skinny 0.75 tintoni
    Hopefully I won't need any help, but is I do I will see who is around , hopefully you will be. Going to shoot now, it's 9:20 pm. I don't think anything will happen either @MrWorfMen's Mom

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

To your question of last night about my kitties, they are fine. Menace passed her weekly BG check again today....YEAH! Still gives me an anxious feeling every time I test her. LOL! Both she and Worf are making it their mission in life to take over my office chair lately. They've done it in the past but haven't done it in ages. I think maybe it's their way of telling Mom she is spending too much time on the "puter"! :woot:
    Myster is being particularly fussy about his food and howling more during the night which isn't doing anything for my beauty sleep. Poor guy get confused and I have to either go get his food bowl or pick him up and snuggle him then he usually settles down to sleep with his paws over my legs at least for a few hours and then we wash/repeat. It's like having a small baby around. :rolleyes:

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm happy Menace passed his weekly BG test, I would be anxious also just waiting for that number to appear. You will just have to get them their own chair lol
    Poor Myster , I feel so bad for him. So sweet he snuggles with you with his paws over your legs. Yes it is like having a small baby around. I bet once you hear that howl you just cringe lol. But what would we do without them.
    Nothing new here , the heat is just unbearable, when I go outside I sweat immediately, l feel like a farm animal lol. Perry is doing fine , told you his blood work came back good. Kidney disease still stage 2 , liver is fine, phenobarbital level is good. So that was a relief. Tyler better get with the program lol.
    If you are around tonight , I'll talk to you later my friend @MrWorfMen's Mom

11. MrWorfMen's Mom

Been hot here too so I stayed in today. Glad Perry is doing well and while he may not be throwing you the greens you seek, Tyler is doing terrific. He has such smooth cycles it's amazing. He's a poster child!

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yeah I agree with the smooth cycles, like you said you have never seen a cat do that well on Vetsulin , I'm so grateful. Tyler just said Thank you Auntie Linda lol.
    I will talk to you later

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Hey Linda no emergency just a question
    Just tested Tyler @+2 it was 130
    The PMPS was 134 Don't you think he should have dropped way more than this giving the Skinny 0.75
    Remember I mentioned that the insulin might be getting close to being 4 months old
    If that was the case , that wouldn't have anything to do with his PMPS being 134, if it was losing it's potency it would be after that , is that correct.
    I'm going to see what happens the rest of the night and the day cycle tomorrow.
    Only dropping 4 points has never happened even giving a lower dose @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  14. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda
    First please read #13
    I tested Tyler at 8 am this morning
    AMPS -177 giving 0.75 skinny
    I forgot to pick up Perry's food this morning which was dry K/D for his kidneys.
    I woke up and there was Tyler eating it , this was around 7 am
    Then tested him at 8am, I think that's why his BG was 177 @MrWorfMen's Mom

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Don't mean to be a pain in the butt but did you read #13 @MrWorfMen's Mom

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

That little scamp. Naughty Tyler! I know all too well about pilfering kitties. If he ate the kibble I don't think he ate much of it or it hadn't yet hit his system when you tested. Kicked myself over stuff like that time and time again here. Anyway this blip will pass.

As for the insulin, I'd give it a few cycles before making judgement. Yes Tyler usually drops more than that in the first 2 hours but part of that is due to the insulin you give and part due to the insulin his pancreas is putting out. The pancreas can work great one day and not so much the next in these guys so while it might be a good idea to get a new vial now, just in case, you might still be able to use up more of the current one.
    Yup slow fingers and kitty spit up this AM!:woot: I'm running late.

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok sorry talk later

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda how ya doing
    TUESDAY 8-20-19
    PMPS - 132 going with Skinny 0.75 BG last night was the same (134 and went with the same dosage, I can monitor him all night @MrWorfMen's Mom

19. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sounds good to me.

I've been putzing inside all day cause it's too hot outside, trying to tidy up some crap that I keep putting off. Didn't get very far but at least some got done. Trying to clean up hubby's workspace when I don't even know what half the stuff is and none of it sparks any joy (Marie Kondo LOL!) is proving to be a headache so I just seem to be moving stuff from one place to another. At least I got one bag of garbage to go out. :banghead:

20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Same here, cleaned, laundry, fun stuff like that lol. It must have been hard for you to go through some of your hubby's stuff. I'm sure you will get it done one bag at a time.
    When I watch the TV show The Golden Girls, I say to Ashley they have more excitement in their lives than we do lol. I will talk to you tomorrow.

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

WEDNESDAY 8-21-19
    AMPS - 154 going with the Skinny 0.75

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  22. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sounds like your yesterday was about as exciting as mine!
    Come on Tyler a little dark green suits you!

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

Lol I think our cats have more of an exciting life than ours sometimes

24. Diane Tyler's Mom

WEDNESDAY 8-21-19
    PMPS - 134. Going with skinny 0.75
    Tyler seens to like this PMPS the other 2 before were the same @MrWorfMen's Mom

25. MrWorfMen's Mom

He sure does like that number but it's a good number so no worries!

26. Diane Tyler's Mom

I think I will start playing 132 and 134 in the lottery pick three lol
    Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a new vial of insulin like you said to keep on hand and when I do use it for the first time , write down the date @MrWorfMen's Mom

27. MrWorfMen's Mom

Good idea to keep track of when you start a new vial. It gives you some reference as to how long a vial lasts and a clue of why should BG change with the intro of the new vial.

28. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yepper until I see his pre shots are getting higher, I might as well still use the vial I have,
    I know it's getting close to 4 months, not bad.
    Let's say his BG is 134, or 132 , or something like that, then when I go to test him through a cycle and I see it has not come down that much like we want it to, or stays the same as the pre shot, would that probably means the insulin is losing it's potency.
    But is the pre shot is good then wouldn't that mean the insulin is still good @MrWorfMen's Mom

29. Diane Tyler's Mom

You might have missed what else I wrote #28, sorry I added on to it @MrWorfMen's Mom

30. MrWorfMen's Mom

You can get flat cycles for a few reasons. Kitty might be bouncing, planning a BG drop, just being a cat, or the insulin is losing it's oomph. But if the latter were the case, I would expect to see the pre-shots going up. Tyler has the most surprisingly flat curves I've ever seen with Vetsulin but most of his numbers are within normal range albeit high normal. He's obviously getting good duration which most don't and he is amazing!

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok thanks Linda, Tyler feels so honored lol. Ok dumb question what does albeit mean @MrWorfMen's Mom

32. MrWorfMen's Mom

HMMM I think that must be one our Cdn English terms! Just means "although". LOL!

I'm off to bed after I feed the furry kids. Sweet dreams!

33. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok thanks I was racking my brain out trying to figure it out lol. Ok sweet dreams to you and the kitties

34. Diane Tyler's Mom

THURSDAY 8-22-19 Good morning Linda
    AMPS -160. going with Skinny 0.75
    Will talk to you later @MrWorfMen's Mom

35. Diane Tyler's Mom

THURSDAY 8-22-19. Going with Skinny 0.75
    What a job getting him to eat. We just had thunder storms.
    Had to fart around with him to eat because he's a big scardey cat. Lol
    I had to feed him on the bed. Boy oh boy sometimes I could just scream.lol

36. MrWorfMen's Mom

I hear ya! My middle child has once again stolen my office chair. And do I move him NO! I move to the couch. Old man comes along and wants to get up beside me. Do I tell him to forget it? NO! I pick him up, snuggle him and then move laptop to another table. I'm not comfortable but gees those cats sure are! I'm such a pushover and obviously a crazy cat lady.:woot:

37. Diane Tyler's Mom

Lol so cute, I do the same thing, as long as they are comfortable right. They all rule the roost. Ya gotta love them

38. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Good Morning Linda
    FRIDAY 8-23-19
    AMPS - 151 going with skinny 0.75

39. MrWorfMen's Mom

Just on my way out. Talk later.

40. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hi Linda
    I'm wondering if I should give him the new vial of insulin or give it a few more cycles.
    He hasn't been doing much lately
    FRIDAY 8-23-19
    PMPS - 196 should I go with the 0.75 if you think I should use the new vial @MrWorfMen's Mom

41. MrWorfMen's Mom

Give him the 0.75u tonight and then try the new vial tomorrow so if there is any significant difference you won't be chasing him overnight. He may need a little dose boost. They do that sometimes.

42. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I stay with the old vial, like you said what if the new vial makes him drop really low giving him the skinny 0.75
    Will see what he does tonight and then tomorrow am I'll see what is pre- shot is and check in with you ok? @MrWorfMen's Mom

43. MrWorfMen's Mom

Okee Dokee!

44. Diane Tyler's Mom

SATURDAY 8-24-19
    AMPS - 149 giving Skinny 0.75
    I guess I will still use the older vial right now since his BG was 149 , what do you think
    going by his numbers last night @MrWorfMen's Mom

45. MrWorfMen's Mom

He's definitely dropping but he doesn't drop much. He's in good numbers but I think you could try bumping him up to a full 0.75u if BG at pre-shot is 150 or more on a day cycle and see what he does. He's right at that level now where he just needs a nudge to go a wee bit lower but not by much because most of his readings are in high normal range.

46. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok now that would be right above the 1 unit mark correct @MrWorfMen's Mom

47. MrWorfMen's Mom

It would be right in the middle between the 0.5u and 1u mark. It's pretty hard to finesse doses that finely consistently unless you use calipers so just do the best you can.

48. Diane Tyler's Mom

Guess what that's where I have been putting it all along for the Skinny 0.75 dose @MrWorfMen's Mom Oh boy, now what

49. MrWorfMen's Mom

That doesn't surprise me. The only way to finesse is to draw up and then let out a drop but the drops would have to be the same size. Now that you have Tyler so well regulated, do you think your vet would be willing to give you a script for U100 syringes? They would allow you to finesse the dose a bit more. Problem is most vets freak out at the suggestion of using the different Unit syringes. I think we discussed this before but I can't remember for sure.

50. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Linda no we haven't talked about it before, what is the difference between them and the U-40, I can ask my vet. Right now I'm using the U-40 3/10cc. 29gauge 12.7 mm 1/2" length. 1/2 unit markings. I looked at the U-100 and they are so different. I looked on A W Diabetes web site and there are so many to choose from and it looks like they are more expensive. I would have no idea what to ask for and to tell you the truth I don't think my vet would know @MrWorfMen's Mom wouldn't I be going through more insulin faster?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  51. MrWorfMen's Mom

The difference is that your insulin is less concentrated than U100 insulin so at a dose of 1u of Vetsulin for example you would draw up 2.5 units of insulin in a U100 syringe because it is skinnier than the U40 syringe. This means that you have more markings on the syringe to make .2u adjustments with. We have a conversion chart so no math is required.....you just look on the chart and draw accordingly.

Your state is one of the 2 I believe that requires a script for syringes. Question - are you anywhere near the PA or NY border such that you could pick up syringes there?

52. Diane Tyler's Mom

Please look at # 50 again I added to it. Yes I would need a script in N.J.
    I am close to NYC Manhattan. I really wouldn't want to go to the City though. I always need to be close by for Ashley , I know it wouldn't have to go that often but I really don't want to go there @MrWorfMen's Mom I just found this on the group
    [​IMG]

(Picture from Sheila and Beau's post on the old FDMB: http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/r ... ?8,1864962)

The green and red numbers(1.4, 1.0, 0.6, 0.2 on on the half unit side of the markings and 1.2, 0.8, 0.4 on the whole unit side of the markings) on the bottom insulin syringe is the U40 dose as drawn up into the U100 insulin syringe
    .This sentence is from me now I really think I would get confused, and wouldn't feel comfortable using the U-100 syringes. I see there would be a conversion chart but I don't think I would sure about using it. I hope it doesn't matter to much staying with the U-40 syringes @MrWorfMen's Mom

53. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

one alternative would be to have one of the members here, mail you some of the syringes .. check the supply closet too

yes you'd have to pay postage as well, however I always figure what the cost of gas would be, often it is cheaper to get it by mail
    of course there is also your need to stay close to Ashley, that overrides most anything

Walmart's U-100 syringes are about as inexpensive as it gets, for accuracy you might want to use calipers on those

I was using those U-100s the last few days shooting Vetsulin, to get a more accurate dose, since the U-40s I had didn't have half unit markings

54. MrWorfMen's Mom

I figured getting to another state was a long shot but had to ask. LOL! You don't happen to have a friend or neighbour who goes to NY periodically or even daily for work and might be willing to pick them up for you? You don't need different insulin if your vet is willing to write you a script for the U100 syringes. You need 3/10ml syringes U100 syringes with half unit markings and needle length 8mm (5/16th inch) gauge 31.

55. Diane Tyler's Mom

I have been googling about buying syringes in NYC, from what I have read , I could be wrong, but it says you are only allowed to buy 10 syringes at a time without a script.The city is crazy, I could be walking around all day to find a store. There are so many drug addicts in the city and I would hate to even go there, it's crazy. I will do the best I can using the U-40 syringes.
    Does it make me a bad kitty mom if I don't want to switch to U-100, now I feel horrible @MrWorfMen's Mom

56. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi I think I will stay with the U-40 syringes, to much to go through for me to get the U-100

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  57. MrWorfMen's Mom

That may very well be the case in NY. All I could find was that you could get syringes without a Rx....it didn't specify numbers and I know a lot of states seem to have that 10 syringe limit. Well there's always calipers if you want to finesse the dose more consistently.;)

58. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok now what the heck is calipers lol

59. MrWorfMen's Mom

Calipers are a measuring tool used by woodworkers etc. They measure in very small increments so some us use them here to finesse doses of insulin. You draw up a dose of 2u in your syringe and measure it with the calipers. You can then calculate how much fluid in the syringe is X units of insulin. Then you lock down the calipers at the measure for the dose you want to give. It's sounds complicated but really isn't hard. There is documentation here explaining it if you are interested. Digital calipers with locking mechanism are probably around $15 at the hardware store.

60. Diane Tyler's Mom

I just watched the video here about it and read the documentation. As us Italians say Faget about it lol. I think I would really pull my hair out lol. I will just do the best I can with the U-40 and giving the 0.75 units.

61. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda
    SATURDAY 8-24-19
    PMPS - 191 giving 0.75 Skinny
    I wish this BG of 191 was this morning , I would have tried the new vial of insulin.
    Like you said we wouldn't want to try it for the night time cycle.
    It seems like now his PMPS tonight and last night were the same , instead of being lower like it was.
    Do you think I should stay with the older vial tonight and give thecSkinny 0.75 and then wait till I get a BG of 150 or more at AMPS and then try the Full 0.75
    Maybe it is loosing it's potency @MrWorfMen's Mom

62. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'd stick to what you know for tonight and make any changes tomorrow. Try the new vial and see if it makes any difference. You never know and your current one is about 4 months which I think is average usage.

63. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I'll stay with the Skinny 0.75 for tonight. I will see what his AMPS is tomorrow and we can go from there ok? We had beautiful weather here today , breezy and about 72 degrees. How about there @MrWorfMen's Mom

64. MrWorfMen's Mom

Beautiful day here too. Too bad the whole summer couldn't be like this! :rolleyes:

65. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know, I could live with this weather all year round

66. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom good morning Linda
    SUNDAY 8-25-19
    AMPS - 125 giving Fat 0.5
    Last night's cycle wasn't bad at all using the older vial, Almost hit a green
    NowI see on 8-3-29 pm cycle his BG Pre shot was 125
    On 8-4-19 am cycle it was 129
    On 8-14-19 am cycle it was 122 On all three we shot 0.10 and it did absolutely nothing
    Do you think I should do a Skinny 0.5 or maybe on the line 0.5 or fat 0.5 This cats Pre- Shots are driving me nuts lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  67. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you are available for monitoring him I think you could try the fat 0.5u and give him a little push hopefully to high green.

68. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yep , I'll be here to monitor this big boy lol Every time that I think of using the new vial he does good with the same vial I'm using yet like last night and this morning.
    I must sound like a broken record when I talk about using the new vial every time I see a higher BG or not dropping that much.
    I'm still going to use the older vial I guess until I see really consistent high BG 'S or nothing at all going on in a cycle. Does this sound ok @MrWorfMen's Mom

69. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes that sounds like a plan. The problem is that our kitties change their dance steps every so often so sometimes you don't know exactly why the same dose isn't producing the same/expected results. It's a shame they don't make smaller vials so there isn't so much waste involved if the vial does go off. Since his numbers have improved for pre-shots again, I agree sticking with the open vial for now makes sense.

70. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm glad you agree about the vial. I know what you mean about making smaller vials. I can't believe how much I have left. Well Tyler just better stay with the same dance steps if he wants to be on that show Dancing With The Stars. Lol I'm so corny @MrWorfMen's Mom

71. MrWorfMen's Mom

Tyler would be more welcome than the "political" contestant this year and get more votes I'm sure! :woot:

72. Diane Tyler's Mom

Lol I will talk to you later my dear friend

73. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom Hey Linda
    SUNDAY 8-25-19
    PMPS - 191 it's funny it was exactly the same as last night
    Think I can go with the Full 0.75, I can watch him all night if needed, but I doubt he will go that low, watch him make a liar out of me going with 0.75 Full @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  74. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yup, I think that's a good plan. I remember Menace giving me the same reading for pre-shots for a few cycles and I'd have to go back and grab the meter to double check before updating the SS because I'd see the number from the previous cycles and think I goofed up! LOL! Tyler has got to be the most stable cat in more ways than one! :cat: I doubt he's going to do anything dramatic but as long as your ready, you'll be fine.

75. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok thanks Linda, We need to see a green Auntie Linda.If I don't talk to you later have a good night

76. MrWorfMen's Mom

You too!

Tyler, behave tonight and save your energy with just low blues so your Mom can get some sleep BUT tomorrow Auntie Linda expects a lovely dark green patch on your SS!

77. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom right now I'm just sitting on the couch looking at him, his belly is nice and full, he got his insulin shot and he's ready to take a nice nap, sure you sleep Tyler and then have me up half the night looking to eat lol.
    Boy they have the life don't they. Well now Perry just threw up on the carpet, how nice.
    He must have eaten to fast, it happens sometimes. Why can't they ever throw up in the kitchen. These cats will have me put in the Looney bin soon @MrWorfMen's Mom

78. MrWorfMen's Mom

I get to watch 3 of them lounge the day and night away and have always said I want to be reincarnated as a cat in a household that spoils me as much as they are spoiled here. Then of course there is the lunch counter in my postage stamp size kitchen with 12 extra feet waiting for the cook, waitress and dishwasher to accommodate all their wants including cooking up steak and chicken breasts for my old guy. GEES! I really am a crazy cat lady but I wouldn't change it for the world!:joyful:

79. Diane Tyler's Mom

You make me laugh so much with the way you describe things, cook, waitress, dishwasher , you are too funny. My apartment is small, so I know how you feel. You forgot about pee and poop scooper upper lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

80. Diane Tyler's Mom

81. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda
    MONDAY 8-26-19
    PMPS - 195 giving Full 0.75
    His last 4 PMPS have been in the 190's and this morning was 188
    It seems like he higher at night now when he used to get lower BG 'S
    I know I keep saying I will see what happens and then start using the new vial, but then when his AMPS was 125 on 8-25-19 I said to myself oh it must still be good.
    If I were to start the new vial do you think for example when giving say a Full 0.75
    or a full 0.5 at the same BG when I used the older vial , that dosage would be to high because it's a new vial. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
    For tonight I will stick with the older vial since it's a night cycle. Now for tomorrow morning I will see what it is and let you know, even if it's like it was the other morning 8-25-19 which was 125 maybe you can help me decide whether to start using the new vial and how much to shoot. I think I'm trying to get the most out of the old vial . Remember when you said you were a cook, dishwasher and waitress, you forget to add pee and poop scooper upper lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  82. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Thx for reminding me of my only unfavourite part of kitty parenting! :p

I think if I were you, I'd break open the new vial tomorrow and try it. If you can monitor, I'd stay with the same dosing regiment just in case it makes a difference but Tyler has a bit of room for a little more drop so I doubt the reaction would be that dramatic but maybe just dramatic enough. All you can do is try.

83. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I agree, I have to get off the fence and just do it lol I will check in with you in the am, ok?

84. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom good morning Linda
    Take a look at Tyler's results from last night 8-26-19
    I decided to test him @+9 just look at how long the Insulin is lasting
    This is when I say to myself maybe I should still use the older vial yet, but like we said he still has room to go lower so why not try the new vial lol
    I will be testing him around 8 am, talk then @MrWorfMen's Mom

85. MrWorfMen's Mom

Interesting. Tyler definitely gets the best duration and smoothest cycle I've seen with Vetsulin. Maybe a few more cycles with that slightly higher dose will help get him down to green for a bit.

86. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning
    TUESDAY 8-27-19
    AMPS 182 going with Full 0.75 Full old vial

87. Diane Tyler's Mom

TUESDAY 8-27-19
    PMPS - 139 Going with Fat 0.5
    Will talk to you later

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  88. MrWorfMen's Mom

Not sure I would have gone with a full 0.75u tonight. Check him at +2 and if he is dropping give him a snack to slow him down a bit. If you look at lkast night and today, he dropped 70 to 80 points by +2/3 and he started lower tonight. You don't want to let him drop much below 90 so you're going to need to watch him for a bit.

89. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom I didn't shoot yet what do you think I should give and yes I said to myself boy he dropped a lot a lot@+2/3 @MrWorfMen's Mom

90. MrWorfMen's Mom

WHEW! Glad to hear that. I think I'd do a fat 0.5. You've shot that at roughly this pre-shot before. ;)

91. Diane Tyler's Mom

WHEW is right OK I should have realized that, from now on I will look at how much he dropped by +2/3 in the past. I should have looked at what I did in the past

92. Diane Tyler's Mom

WEDNESDAY 8-28-19 going with Full 0.75
    AMPS - 171 do you think the Full 0.75 is ok, if so I will test @+2 and if he dropped by 70-80 points I will feed him a snack to slow him down @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  93. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes I think you can give the full 0.75u. :)

94. Diane Tyler's Mom

Okey Dokey

95. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hello Linda
    Tyler sure is getting good duration from the same vial so far his AMPS was OK , but still waiting for the green.
    WEDNESDAY 8-28-19
    PMPS - 136 shooting Fat 0.5

96. MrWorfMen's Mom

97. Diane Tyler's Mom

98. Diane Tyler's Mom

THURSDAY 8-29-19
    AMPS - 159 Skinny 0.75? I looked back at some previous BG'S

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  99. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sound good!

100. Diane Tyler's Mom

All righty looking at his numbers from the last three nights that must be a pretty good vial of Vetsulin , potent lol I'm still going to use it until we see constant high numbers @MrWorfMen's Mom