UK meter

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Matthew Brennan, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Brennan

Matthew Brennan Member

Hey guys,

Using caninsulin and wanting to start to test my cat. Im guessing caninsulin is UK only? Can you guys recommend a glucose meter and strips please?

Thanks

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Matthew, I replied on your Main Health thread and tagged a few fellow UK'ers for you :)

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

caninsulin and vetsulin are the same. Once you start testing we can help with dosing. :)

4. Max99

Max99 Member

Hi, fellow uk'er here. My vet recommended that I buy a glucose monitor with the cheapest test strips and the least amount of blood needed. I bought the meter CodeFree Blood Glucose Monitor from Amazon uk. I'd read that it was the cheapest for people who need to buy their own test strips. You get 10 strips and 10 lancets and I also bought extra testing strips (50) and lancets (100). This all came to just £30 which I thought was good. :)

5. Monica & Josie

Monica & Josie Member

Hello,
    im in the UK as well also using Caninsulin.
    We bought Accu Chek Performa Nano from Boots with extra strips and 100pcs pack of single use lancets from the pharmacy and so far been very reliable, takes very little blood and have the results in 3 seconds! :)
    Our pet insurance with Tesco pays for everything which is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.