Ultima question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Does anyone have the ReliOn Ultima? Mine came in the mail yesterday. I ended up getting the wrong test strips for my Micro, so it was cheaper for me to buy the matching monitor. I'm running tests today comparing my Micro readings to the Ultima readings. So far, the Ultima reads about 25 higher than the micro. Just seeing if anyone else has done this compare.

I've got an appt with the vet on Friday. Maybe I can get them to get a BG on her and compare to my 2 monitors. I prefer the micro (takes SO little blood to work) but I have a full box of these strips that I'd like to be able to use.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I use it - it runs lower than my cat meter (which is expected), but other than that I don't know. Great idea to test at the vets!

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

What were the two numbers that varied by 25 points? If they were in the 300s thats less than 10% difference which is well within the +/- 20 accuracy.

5. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Larry - Thank you! I was wondering if there was a differential so I could watch for it. And yep, it was 344/371 - when it came down to the lower 300's, it went 305/312. So it's staying within 10% which is reasonable.

Michelle - I mistakenly bought the Ultima strips (they are behind the counter so I asked for ReliOn strips and wasn't paying attention when she rung them up... didn't help that DS was trying to convince me that the Wall-E bedding set was something he *needed* to survive), so I went online to Wal-Mart and got an Ultima meter to use with it. Uses more blood than the micro, but I have 100 strips and it was a whole lot cheaper to buy the $9 meter that I could use with it. So - I am using the micro strips with the micro unit and the Ultima strips with the Ultima unit. (I also have an Aviva that's completely out of strips.)

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

well the good news is you have a back up meter and strips if one dies, gets lost, runs out of strips, battery poops out...

7. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Nancy - I know, right?! I'll be glad to be back to the micro. Makes me cranky when I don't have a big enough blood drop for the Ultima. And the micro sips SO fast!

Also, and I admit I didn't read the owner's manual, I haven't figured out how to see my older readings on the Ultima. I keep them all in the SS anyway, but it would be nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.